Unchained Blades Exxiv (Playstation Portable / Nintendo 3Ds)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Shizukari, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

That said, I still need to start (and finish) Unchained Blades first.

2. cahm

cahm Member

I wish this game released in america, the first one was truly amazing...well, only wishing they change their minds and release this sequel someday...

3. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

I got the first game for free, but I'd do it all over again. I need to start it, though.

4. cahm

cahm Member

how do you obtained it for free? Anyways congratulations, enjoy it, it took me like 90 hours to beat the game, and i'm still lacking some sidequest and extras...

5. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

Not free per se, but I got the game with the $30 E-Shop Credit given out by Nintendo when you registered Fire Emblem Awakening and Shin Megami Tensei IV until August 2013.

6. cahm

cahm Member

I see, thanks for the answer, i remember that promotion, i believe that it was to do some publicity to a future game of Atlus in colaboration with Nintendo, i used the E-Shop credit for the same as you, i though i was the only one to do so...

7. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

I tried to convince more people to do the same, but they were all waiting for AA5.

8. cahm

cahm Member

did you mean perhaps ace attorney 5?

9. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

Exactly. Since it was going to be DD-only, a lot of people just saved the credit for that one.

10. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

Pretty much, although It would be nice if they released it physically as well.

11. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

If they did, I think quite a few people would've gotten Unchained Blades with the credit instead.

12. cahm

cahm Member

But dual destinies was released ending october, if they want it, they could just save some money for it, either way i don't recomend that game unless you are a fan of ace attorney i won't give much details for no make any spoilers, but it is pretty easy and lineal in comprarison to the previous games of the ace attorney series...

13. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

I don't get why Capcom released AA 5 as DD-only to begin with (besides greed, probably).

14. cahm

cahm Member

I read that capcom was in a bad economical situation (in that time at least), so they didn't take risk making it physical...

15. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

Digital only releases always boil down to one thing: risk is far less with that type of release than physical due to vastly reduced overhead. The biggest AA fans would get the game regardless of its release type. Obviously the sales go down because there are those who'll only buy things physically, but if a company looks at a particular title and does not feel it's worth the risk of a lot of unsold copies, that option doesn't end up happening. So, you could say it's greed, but at the end of the day those are the difficult business decisions that accompany releases. In ways it's a good thing though, digital releases make it possible to localize games that never would have made it here otherwise because it used to either be a physical release or none at all. With the DS in particular, a lot of companies ended up losing money when they overestimated demand for a particular title.

16. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

It's funny how Capcom didn't make a retail print for their first 3DS Ace Attorney game, but they made reprints for all DS Ace Attorney games around the same time AA5 was released in the West.

17. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

This is my main problem with this. I get Ryos' point, but... They were able to make reprints of four of the games, so why couldn't they make AA 5 physical? Is making a physical 3DS release significantly more expensive than a DS release, or something?

18. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

I'm finally starting Unchained Blades (3DS) for the first time. Wish me good luck!

19. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

hooray!

20. cahm

cahm Member

Good Luck, have a nice (long) time...