Trails of Cold Steel III

Discussion in 'The Legend of Heroes Series' started by Fellsmith, Dec 31, 2016.

1. tilinelson2

tilinelson2 Active Member

Go read back because there were people trying to give excuses why the numbers were lower, saying that they don't really mean that the game is selling less.

And people are insisting that there is no problem at all that the game sold less if the company had predicted it would sell less, but it is far from the truth. Companies are accurate in predicting losses all the time, and that doesn't mean it is a great result when they are right about their losses.

Falcom has been one of they few companies that were immune to the sales shrinking since 2011 (Sen grew from Zero and Ao, and fanboys on neogaf tried as much as they could to pretend it didn't like some people are trying to pretend Sen III is not worse than II), but the recent move to PS4 had the same negative effect it had for other series.

2. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

To be fair, you don't need to like the franchise to analyze or give insight into how well the franchise is doing. In a way, it's nice in a discussion so it isn't so biased.

That being said, I'm getting tired how this same argument is repetitive. If you guys can't agree with another viewpoint, can you just agree to disagree and call it a day? Neither of you guys are wrong, but since you already made your points, it's just getting annoying.

Omage_X likes this.
  3. Omage_X

Omage_X Active Member

I'm all about having a not so biased discussion, I agree with you 100% on that but then the question becomes whats that person's agenda why would you waste your time arguing something you clearly have no passion for, if it was an argument say out of Passion then sure you are right, but there is no passion here, just someone who clearly wants to start something but I already ignored them I just wanted to tell others like @nivora do the same since everyone else is doing it too any ways I'm done talking about this. :)

nivora likes this.
  4. Shed

Shed Member

ITT: Falcom is dead and the world is ending and anyone who disagrees is a triggered snowflake.

Well then

Anyway, I'm hoping to blaze a path through Chapter 1 this weekend, might post my thoughts about it in the spoiler topic. I'm just happy now to get a weekend with the game~

Omage_X and nivora like this.
  5. nivora

nivora Active Member

please do chapter 1 is my favourite so far

Shed likes this.
  6. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

Omage_X, Tilinelson has every right to post in this topic, whether or not he's a fan of the series, and his opinion should be respected. If he starts arguing favorite characters or something, then maybe you'd have a point that he's not even a series fan so why is he saying anything -- but he's arguing pure numbers, and you literally don't have to know a single thing about a series to do that!

That said, I know that in our own sales forecasts, we take things like platform switches into account, and will often say "These sales are excellent, considering the circumstances of their release." And I do believe that right now, Falcom is likely saying the same for Sen III. They absolutely had to have planned for there to be a drop-off in sales due to the platform switch, and I'd be shocked (shocked!) if they weren't 100% prepared for that to be the case.

Despite my disagreement, however, I still think you need to lay off Tilinelson. He's trying to contribute to this conversation on a business level, and he's arguing his points well. If you continue to disparage him and make him feel unwelcome, I will be forced to lay down the law, so please bite your tongue next time you're tempted to speak out against him, OK? Refute his points, but don't refute HIM.

-Tom

7. Omage_X

Omage_X Active Member

I made my point that I'm just going to ignore him if wants to talk sales he can do that I already give my point on why Falcom doesn't have anything to worry about on the matter
    and so did everyone else and I don't plan to keep it going.

8. Wyrdwad

OK. Just remember, I'm not ONLY talking about this topic. You two have butted heads before, and while it's totally fine to do so, you need to be absolutely certain you both RESPECT each other in all your future communications. In other words, you both need to ensure that nothing you post about the other makes that person feel unwelcome on this forum -- because you are both welcome, and that's not going to change unless you repeatedly break our forum rules.

Understood?

-Tom

9. omgfloofy

omgfloofy Well-Known Member

To be fair, the argument is just going around in circles, as Tili is just ignoring half of the people in this thread anyway.... so I feel like it's just better to disengage entirely, since it's going nowhere.

As a result, I have a question for you to change the topic, Tom. Can you comment on this instead? xD

Omage_X likes this.
  10. Wyrdwad

I can't say a thing. We have absolutely nothing to report about Sen 3. Sorry!

-Tom

11. omgfloofy

omgfloofy Well-Known Member

It's not Sen III. It's about the parked domain for Trails of Zero going active, then back to parked again. I have personally been thinking it's just domain finagling and not actually indicative of Zero no Kiseki being worked on, but a good chunk of the twitterverse is pretty convinced that it means 'XSEED IS DOING ZERO NO KISEKI YAY IT'S GETTING LOCALIZED' and I just want to try and put the rumor to rest if possible.

12. Omage_X

Omage_X Active Member

Have I ? I don't remember but I do know I butt heads with a few Ys people butt I don't think I ever called them trolls and |I did talk things out with them in the end,
    also what @omgfloofy I'm not the only one talking to them.

Also even tho we get into discussion with people I always did my best to be respectful to others, this time just happen to be a little more personal and I came to the forum to talk about the series I like not getting into discussion about sales and if Falcom is dying what not which is why I decide to ignore the topic all together.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  13. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

The answer will just be same, there is nothing to report. :p

The trick with commenting on rumours is that you don't, because if you don't comment on anything at all, whether it's true or false, you're a) no accusing anyone of lying (which someone companies have thrown journalists under the bus for getting wind of pretty solid leaks) and b) don't set a precedent of distrust.

14. Wyrdwad

Oh, yeah, I genuinely don't know what's up with that Zero domain thing. That's not us, as far as I know (or if it is, it's maybe a domain we registered a long time ago just in case or something), and we definitely have nothing to announce whatsoever for Zero no Kiseki. Sorry for anyone who got their hopes up!

And understood, Omage. I wasn't present for the whole discussion -- I only saw bits and pieces of it -- so there may be a bigger picture I'm not seeing. But either way, as long as all of you are respectful of one another, that's all I can ask for! Thanks for your understanding, and I hope we can continue to all have pleasant, friendly discussions here.

-Tom

Omage_X likes this.
  15. Omage_X

Omage_X Active Member

You know me Tom :) I always try to be respectful :) how do I know that ? this the first time you came here which means Nothing to bad as happen until now :)

16. Wyrdwad

True! ;) And I guess you guys HAVE been trying to summon me here for a while, so... mission accomplished? Heheh.

To touch on that a little, actually: I have very little I can say about Sen III, though, as I think I've stated in the past that the Trails series is my personal least favorite among Falcom's games, and that remains true now as well. I did do a considerable amount of editing on Trails FC, and did the tiniest bit of editing on Cold Steel 1 before I was called away to work on another game, but I've never touched another Trails title beyond those two, and my knowledge of the series is fairly lacking, especially compared to Hatsuu and a few others in the office. So not only can I say nothing about Sen III in regards to XSEED, but I also will readily admit to you guys that I haven't played it, and genuinely can't comment on any gameplay or story elements from it any more than I can comment on it from a business/localization perspective.

So for those of you who've been trying to summon me into this topic for weeks now... well, here I am! But I'm afraid I am not the droid you're looking for. Sorry. ;)

-Tom

uyjulian, omgfloofy and Omage_X like this.
  17. Omage_X

Omage_X Active Member

And That okay :D no one is gonna fault you on that Opinions are Opinions for a reason.

18. Leon Tekashi

Leon Tekashi Active Member

Well, with everything wrapping up, what else is there to even talk about currently? Mainly for those that are still waiting for CS3 to be localized.

19. ZeRakun

ZeRakun Member

Gu4n has been giving his (spoiler-free) impressions of the game on the neogaf thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=251251337&postcount=10943 and on twitter.

Worth a read IMO.

Also on twitter, he answered about what we lose by playing Sen3 sans the Crossbell games:
    https://twitter.com/Gu4n/status/916641251771817986

20. zwabbit

zwabbit Active Member

Isn't that kind of a given though? For all practical purposes CS3 has to spoil what happens in the Crossbell games by simple virtue of happening after them and having characters from them appear.