Trails of Cold Steel III

Discussion in 'The Legend of Heroes Series' started by Fellsmith, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Zerkion

Zerkion Member

Xseed teased Trails in the Sky the 3rd was teased a year before its release, so i wouldn't be surprised if Zero got announced early.

2. KamikazeK-

KamikazeK- Member

I've given up on an official crossbell release at this point. If it happens, I'll happily buy and play it, but if not, then no skin off my back since I got the gist of it with fan translations. It's CS3 I'm most concerned about at this point. Google translator has been good to me while I play through it, but it's obviously not the same thing as a real English version, and if CS3 never comes out here then that's bad news for the series as a whole.

Anyway, I'm enjoying CS3 so far despite the limitations brought on by the language barrier, so I'm not really going to be one who flips out one way or another. :p

3. Terper

Terper New Member

The only reason there is a nonzero percent chance of CS3 not coming out in the west is because the world might blow up before it happens.

4. KamikazeK-

KamikazeK- Member

Eh, that's what everyone assumes, but nobody really knows. You just don't. You can pretend you do, but that would be lying.

5. nivora

nivora Active Member

I don't see any lies and stupidity here at all. Falcom expected these sales for certain with a sell percentage of 80-100% so i really don't see why you have been arguing these sales numbers are garbage despite it being estimated by the company itself that has the full picture. If it was so bad they would not have taken the risk in the first place despite them having had so much trouble with Vita development and the ending itself.

6. Omage_X

Omage_X Active Member

Oh the domain registration isn't the news. The news is that a placeholder coming soon page appeared for a few minutes. I guess I should have explained. XD

7. nivora

nivora Active Member

oh yeah i only glanced quickly but i'm not gonna get the hype for that. It could have been a mistake, sneaky editing from the person that posted it, whatever. I'll just wait for more fan translation news or a press release from xseed

8. tilinelson2

tilinelson2 Active Member

Sell-thorugh has nothing to do with publisher expectations, but retailer expectations. The new Genkai Tokki game sold 10k, while Moero Chronicle sold 33k, but the sell-through was not under 30%, it is just that retailers know it won't sell as much as the old games, so they won't risk ordering and losing money. Probably Idea Factory also estimates that it will sell around 20k copies in total, not 65k like Moero Chronicle sold, but do you think they are happy that they can't sell a third of what a game from the same series sold three years ago? Do you also think that Falcom is happy losing 35% of the userbase?

9. Omage_X

Omage_X Active Member

http://gematsu.com/2017/10/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-iii-highest-digital-sales-rate-series

10. Shed

Shed Member

Ok, since some mostly just one of us seem incapable of continuing the sales topic without unnecessary hostility, and since said topic is basically going in circles anyway, can we try to move on from it please? Falcom is clearly at least displaying happiness with their sales and the game's critical reception, and that's all that we can gather from it, so lets just leave it at that, then. None of us are in the company, we don't know anything aside from sales numbers and Falcom's public reaction to it which we'll just have to take at face value since, again, none of us work there. So all of this is pointless theorizing at best.

That being said, the whole trailstozero website thing is interesting, though I'm gonna wait until XSEED says anything about it. After all, it could've been a mistake. Best not to get our hopes up -too- much, though I'm definitely itching for Crossbell as much as anyone else here! Any official announcement will definitely make my day/week/month/year, for sure :D

Hobrek and Omage_X like this.
  11. nivora

nivora Active Member

I have said what i wanted to say so i'll go back working on my crack theories i've been brewing :)

12. zwabbit

zwabbit Active Member

And by the time you're done they'll be crack fanfics instead of just theories. :p

nivora likes this.
  13. nivora

nivora Active Member

it actually is an application for Falcom to hire me and make this series grander

14. omgfloofy

omgfloofy Well-Known Member

Can we sit down for a second on this?

Let me start with an anecdote of my own. Last week, my oldest domain, Swordbreaker.com fell into parked status abruptly for about 2-4 hours. I have consistently owned this domain since 1997, and a minor flub on the backend of the *domain itself*, not the website, caused it to suddenly give a generic parked message.

I'm going to lead this anecdote in to talk about this part of web design. When you deal with a website, in this case, you have two parts: the domain and the server. The domain is basically there to tell the internet to look it up by letters instead of the IP numbers that make it easier. This way, you can go to "google.com" instead of having to type in 172.217.11.78 anytime you want to do a google search.

What I am getting at is that people are saying 'THIS IS A DEAL. CROSSBELL IS HAPPENING.' for something that is *negligible* in this aspect. A lot of things can cause a domain to change the page like that. Change the IP associated to it? Yep. Move the server the IP is on? Change the settings of *how it is parked*? And with those things, we can then delve into the aspect of the server side of things that could cause this.

In other words, people are saying that THIS IS PROOF and stuff like that, when no. No, it is not. It's domain weirdness happening. Now, if a domain was registered just now? Certainly, I'm willing to take that. Except I do recall when Hatsuu got these domains registered and reasons for them. (Contingency planning.)

In this situation, it's just propagating a very poor rumor, and a lot of people are taking it as 100% fact/truth that this sort of thing is happening, and that's complete idiocy.

I know people really really want Crossbell, but people should also take a step back and try to be logical over it instead?

15. Omage_X

Omage_X Active Member

@omgfloofy sorry about that :( I got it from GAF so I thought it was something worth getting hyped about, I wasn't trying to start a rumour or any thing.

16. omgfloofy

Gaf is full of idiots. There's someone in the same thread saying that the Zero no Kiseki fan TL started from a machine translation, for example. Way to throw Guren's work under the bus and all. lol

uyjulian, Marx-93 and Omage_X like this.
  17. Omage_X

Omage_X Active Member

LOL Holy Crap for Real ?!!!

18. Shed

Shed Member

To be fair, the Zero fan TL situation has been kinda messy until the past year-ish, nevermind the whole pre-edit leak and actual machine TL of Ao, so I can't really fault someone for having that misconception if they haven't been following it. The new team's editing seems to be shaping up nicely though, from what I've seen~ Just a smidge short of XSEED quality, but far above and beyond what I'd normally expect from a fan TL!

19. omgfloofy

...you are saying this to a person who's on the project, you know, yeah? I know this stuff. But the fact that this person on gaf is attributing Guren's translation to a machine translation does a big disservice to him and insults the work he does. His Japanese is solid, but he's not a native English speaker. Thus why an editor is pretty much crucial with his translation.

uyjulian and Omage_X like this.
  20. Leon Tekashi

Leon Tekashi Active Member

Remember folks, there will always be idiots on the internet. But seriously, that's messed up to be treating someone's work as shit, especially if they're objectively good. I get that opinions are opinions but come on. Don't disrespect folks for no reason...