Trails of Cold Steel III

Discussion in 'The Legend of Heroes Series' started by Fellsmith, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Aliseyun

Aliseyun Member

In addition to being listed under Sub-characters, Aurelia is also listed under the Thors II section, so yeah, she's 99.9% the headmistress.

2. Erpy

Erpy Active Member

3. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Crack theorylet: Randy will run into Gaius and mentor him in the art of sacrificial shouting, thus upgrading him to Wild Rage III which will give him the proper 150 CP for 70% HP exchange that he was lacking in CS2. Not that the game needs any more broken skills but even so...

Also, Vermillion Roselia. Now who have we seen before with that name...

If Tita does not mention Renne I will be most upset. We need to hear about those two's post-The 3rd friendship outside the drama cds. Also, I'd love to see her beat up a Sleipnir so she can steal its parts to pimp out the Orbal Gear.

Randy and Fie need to meet and have a heart to heart about their respective relationships with their fathers. And so Randy can come up with a cute nickname for Fie, try to hit on her and think that it would make his dad furious, which is all part of the fun. Also, thanks to the timeskip we might get to see Shirley again and learn what Enforcer slot she's picked up. I have an idea on that which is going into a crack theory I'm putting together.

Someone at Falcom has been studying their Wagner, given that the other two 'Covert Operators' (or however we're meant to read it) are Siegfried and Alberich.

While I'd love it if this is the game to finally resolve the question started in Ao vis a vis Ein vs Arianrhod, I will be perfectly satisfied if we get the promise of that in a later game so long as CS3 gives us the Aurelia vs Arianrhod beatdown of the century. I'll bring the popcorn.

And nothing to do with anything revealed here but... Dominions doing crazy things with their Stigmas when?

4. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

Yeeeah, Cold Steel hands out enough CP to everyone as it is.
    Sure, just make a gladiator belt a master quartz passive on top of the other conditional CP bonuses, and have those invigorate team buffs at the ready.

5. zwabbit

zwabbit Active Member

Would Randy's dad actually care who he flirts with? Though it would be amusing to see Fie's dad have, words, with anyone trying to put the moves on his daughter.

Character motives are starting to get very tangled.

6. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

In this very specific instance, I suspect the answer would be 'yes'.
    What with Fie being the daughter (albeit adopted) of his hated rival and all that...

Of course Baldur is dead now and there's no indication Red Constellation thinks he could come back (unlike Zephyr with their boss) so it's kind of a moot point.

7. llucas

llucas New Member

Wild Rage III would be a downgrade compared to what he has now because as it is, gaius is so broken he can solo arianrod. Wild rage 2 + chrono burst + gladiator belt + Thor master quartz level 5 + ep cut/deus gem= infinite raging winds, even with an 30 level difference provided his S-craft does enough damage:

I'm more intrigued by the duo of destruction that is millium and tita. Two satellite cannons in one party is so sweet it gives toothache.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  8. Marx-93

Marx-93 Active Member

While I like Gaius as much as any other, that video features abuse of Chrono burst, which might as well be called the "we-put-an-easy-mode-there-so-that-people-who-normally-don't-pick-it-because-they-think-they-are-for-wusses-have-something-to-fall-back-on".

Given that every arc in the series have had a dominion doing things, I fully expect CSIII to double on that given the total lack we had until now in Erebonia.

Also, I'm mighty curious about Aurelia: will she resent Rean for taking her place as "Hero" of the war, or maybe she has something else in mind? To see to which point she actually has the power to back her claims would also be great (we will need a lot of popcorn).

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  9. Ironbrood

Ironbrood Member

10. Aliseyun

Aliseyun Member

Hopefully at the very least we get a McBurn moment where she wants to fight Valimar without her soldat.

11. Paiguy

Paiguy Member

And then

Smoosh

12. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

I would totally be down for them to throw in a special insta-gib attack for Valimar in CS3 against whichever character it would be funniest against, where if you summon him into the fight Valimar gets a special move where he stomps them into jelly a la Xenogears. But only for one fight as a hidden easter egg.

13. jumpyjunpeii

jumpyjunpeii Member

Has to be against Gilbert, upon his triumphant return. *stomp* "Blorf!"

14. Tetsucabra

Tetsucabra Member

I can't help but feel that Tita being in Thors would probably be because of George mentioning it during his time in Zeiss. I don't why exactly, but I can see George getting along really well with Professor Russell and Tita and mentioning his time in Thors. After that, one thing leads to another and Tita is going to be attending Thors.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  15. Marx-93

Marx-93 Active Member

Agate comes to rescue Tita from the Imperials! ... and finds a very large mech stomping on him.

nivora likes this.
  16. Paiguy

Paiguy Member

The thing that really bugs me about Tita though is why she would be at thors rather than the roer institute

they'll have to explain that one, only thing I can think of is it being a political thing and her being foreign

17. Ringwraith

Or possibly quiet nudging from Olivert.
    This is the problem when he knows everybody and also attempting politicking around everyone who is bad news, he kind of wants to be involved in as many things as able.

18. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

On the subject of silly Divine knight moments and Tita. I know it wont happen exactly, but I would love to see something like a soldat showcasing a big gun for something and then being outdone by Tita's guns on foot.

I also am wondering if it's just me, but I'm curious what Renne will look like grown up a little bit, but Tita isn't allowed to grow up! Is it just me? do some people think the opposite?

19. Ringwraith

I know a lot of people can get that way about characters. Although also seeing character be noticeably older is a neat thing, or even sometimes do it subtly (at least one anime series did it and I never noticed).

But she'd be about 15/16 at this point, but considering Towa exists, they could be lazy (it's how I'd feel about it anyway) and just keep her that kind of size.
    They actually might do, just for maximum comedic value when she pulls that minigun out of nowhere.

20. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Falcom's not afraid to slightly age-up characters after a timeskip when appropriate. In Ao's epilogue the younger cast members are noticeably older in the last couple of images that take place after the jump ahead to late 1206/early 1207. Plus, we have a pretty good idea what Tita's going to look like when she gets older so why not show her on the way there? As for Towa, they slightly aged her up for her Tokyo Xanadu appearance so she'll probably look appropriately older as well.

Actually there's some potential here.
    She's got the Orbal Gear which was intentionally designed as the first step to countering the much larger Gordias series machines and the ZCF has a cooperative agreement with Epstein that allowed the latter to develop an even more sophisticated model. As long as the transfer goes both ways and Epstein shared data from the Eidolon Gear program, Tita can pull out lots of big guns against a Soldat if she needs to.
    And I wouldn't be surprised if Tita created a similar machine for Renne as a way to cheer her up after Pater Mater's destruction. Put those two together and the Soldats would never stand a chance. They could even get a special Combo Craft and call it Orbal Heartbreaker. xD