Trails of Cold Steel III

Discussion in 'The Legend of Heroes Series' started by Fellsmith, Dec 31, 2016.

1. zwabbit

zwabbit Active Member

Who exactly did Erebonia actually fight to take North Ambria?

2. Marx-93

Marx-93 Active Member

It's not revealed: I'm actually wondering it too. It also seems to warrant the use of "War" instead of simply calling it an annexation like Crossbell. Maybe it was a proxy war with Calvard? Another option is that North Ambria could be a lot better than we thought, but I kinda find it hard to believe.

3. Tetsucabra

Tetsucabra Member

They have the northern jaegers, but I doubt a mercenary group would be able to put up a meaningful resistance to a military superpower like Erebonia without outside assistance.

4. zwabbit

zwabbit Active Member

Also a question of why Rean + Valimar needed to put in a showing. Against mercs, that's massive overkill unless Erebonia somehow could not spare the conventional forces.

5. Tetsucabra

Tetsucabra Member

Well forces wise they'd still need to maintain a strong presence in Crossbell, but I doubt that would amount to a significant number of their forces. So I don't really know on that front unless they had a reason to be spooked about one of their other borders.

But for Rean + Valimar, that could be more about the benefits it would have for morale, though it's always possible something happened to make that amount of force necessary.

6. Fellsmith

Fellsmith Member

I'm assuming we're not getting this until 2018. Bah.

7. Paiguy

Paiguy Member

That's setting your hopes very high. Unless something really crazy happens you would do best to steel yourself for 2019 at absolute best.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  8. DarkFusion

DarkFusion Member

My money's on 2020

9. jumpyjunpeii

jumpyjunpeii Member

Urgh, dodging spoilers for however long it takes to come over here is going to be a nightmare.

10. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

If it's releasing this year, then a year-ish-long localisation turn-around isn't exactly an unusual expectation?
    Give-or-take depending how wordy and complicated it is to slot into schedules.
    Cold Steel II was released in English nine months following the first one after all.

11. Aliseyun

Aliseyun Member

From what we know of Sen III thus far, it seems to be a much larger game than Sen I and II, so it will likely take much longer to localize.

12. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

Is it possible that Falcom will send Xseed the scripts as they are finished during their own editing process though so Xseed can start work prior to Jpn release? I mean this obviously wasn't possible for CS1 and 2 because duh. But now I can see it being possible.

I don't know why you think it's a much larger game though. I haven't played sky 3rd yet, but it seems like every question and unknown mystery kinda has a foundation built on sky 3rd, which would make you think it's the biggest sky game when it's actually the smallest supposedly.

Of course if it IS much bigger I'm not going to complain =P

13. Erpy

Erpy Active Member

From what I've heard, Falcom never lets anyone touch their games until they're released domestically. The best thing XSeed can do is try to make a deal with them to release Cold Steel III in the west and get the scripts on the day of the release, but they won't be getting them a day beforehand.

14. Ringwraith

Regardless, you also generally want to wait until the script's finalised anyway, so you don't have to make any new changes due to revisions.
    This can be quite late depending on how much unvoiced stuff there is!

15. Marx-93

Marx-93 Active Member

I think there's a slim chance of a 2018 release, but it would require XSEED to basically base their entire schedule around it: get the negotiations done before CSIII is out, then have a translator and editor team free to unleash them upon it immediately, etc.

So it's probably better to just assume the worst and hope it's early 2019.

16. nivora

nivora Active Member

this was so in the past yes but i don't think it would be too unreasonable at this point after Falcom really persuading XSEED to bring Sen over asap themselves.
    This probably is naive thinking though.

17. Ringwraith

Well, let's put it this way, it's going to be at least a year, but we won't know any sort of estimate until after it's been released in Japan for a while.

18. Erpy

Erpy Active Member

The reason Falcom pressed XSeed into bringing Cold Steel 1 and 2 over as soon as possible was because those games were on consoles whose expiration date was approaching. That isn't the case for Cold Steel III, which doesn't even have a Vita version anymore.

19. nivora

nivora Active Member

true, but i really want to believe in their good relation
    a boy can dream

20. Marx-93

Marx-93 Active Member