Tokyo Xanadu (Ps Vita)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nerroth, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

I'd be surprised if XSEED decided not to pick this up.

2. asdronin

asdronin New Member

lets hope so, it seems like a big reelase in Japan, I think if XSeed pick it will be real good for them

3. kytos

kytos New Member

Definitely want this to be localized. I really want to import it too so hopefully they will strike a deal with Falcom soon before I cave.

4. asdronin

asdronin New Member

Ah yes I hope so too, Im tempted to import it too

5. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

6. Tcmgalens

Tcmgalens New Member

i need this game in my life.

i wonder how much text will be in it compared to the legend of heroes games though or how any licencing nightmares will be compared to something like akibas trip.

since either of those things i imagine would be hurdles for localisation

7. Dinoegg96

Dinoegg96 New Member

We need this game in the West, it would be a day one buy for me.

8. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

I'll probably wait for a price drop on this. Not really sure about it.

9. kytos

kytos New Member

The aesthetic-wise comparisons with Persona just cannot be avoided. If you showed me the first video only and told me it was a new Persona game I would believe you (until I saw the Falcom merchandise). Not sure how I feel about the game being mission-based. Hope it's not just about grinding missions over and over.

10. asdronin

asdronin New Member

Thanks Nerroth for the videos, I havent seem them yet, looks even cooler now in my eyes, I like how it seems to offer quite a lot of freedom, we can move camera freely even in school, usually I like that feature if environment is well designed and detailed and in this case it looks like so, city part reminds me a little to Akiba's Trip but I think this Tokyo is a lot more detailed, allowing us to see inside shops. Also in battle mode through dungeon looks great, in a certain point it reminded me to a not very well known game from D3 Publisher who people use to address like the "Exorcister" or something like that, but as I said its merely in a certain way, this dungeon here looks a lot better having many different height levels (we see open door in second floor) and enemies are varied looking chalenging.

Also about the Persona comparison, well I know some people have mentioned about this, I know its merely aesthetics as gameplay and all the rest is different, but you know, I think this will feel a lot different that a Persona game, also someone could find similarity with some Fate games but again is merely aesthetical, gameplay here and freedom to go around the city here seem to be a lot better, trully hoping it get localized soon.

11. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Enjoy, everyone!

12. kytos

kytos New Member

It does look awesome. Can't deny it.

13. manifla

manifla New Member

Thanks for the translation Yotaka!

For a slight update, the baidu forums (chinese) surrendered this image:

[​IMG]

14. asdronin

asdronin New Member

Look quite cool, thanks for submitting them =), it seems like preorder material maybe phone cards?

15. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

16. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

And these two also:

17. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

Only 16 more days.... <_<

The waiting game sucks. I'm playing Hungry, Hungry Hippos.

18. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

This game had fallen off my radar, but seeing it now... holy crap, this looks awesome! The gameplay looks like typical Falcom fare, but the story and lore are REALLY different (at least in my experience, I'm not very well versed in Falcom's non-Ys, non-Kiseki games). And I guess it's being released in two weeks? Awesome! That means XSEED can start working on it soon, right?

... right?

19. asdronin

asdronin New Member

Haha you made me remember that tv advert, yes I know how much it sucks to wait for a game to be released but hey think about it, many people around here have to wait even more as they are not going to play it in Japanese or if they are doing that maybe they are not getting the whole story so you are lucky to have a relatively smaller wait =), anyway I hope you can enlighten us when you get to play it so that we get to know if its really as cool as it looks in videos screens etc or even more :D.

AtentionDeficitGuy I think the game innovates in Falcom usual gameplay style in many aspects, I havent played previous Xanadu games but I think they are like unlinked, right? also aside from Kiseki and Y's maybe you can try Gurumin on the PSP its different from Tokyo Xanadu but worth checking I think. And as you said I hope Xseed starts working on the localizing process soon so that we get to see it around here

20. RetroFTG

RetroFTG New Member

Do this one!