Tokyo Xanadu (Ps Vita)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nerroth, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

2. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

Broke down and preordered it.

3. zerokid2

zerokid2 Member

Please XSEED bring this over!

4. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

5. SchwartZero95

SchwartZero95 New Member

6. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

I'm surprised it took me so long to think about how Rion is close to what Jougasaki Mika might be like if she hunted Shadows in her spare time:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(She has the same VA as a different Im@s idol, however.)

7. manifla

manifla New Member

Definitely prepared to give this game a chance for gameplay! Stil, the mood and tone shift in that trailer is a little jarring, but hey what the hell, dunno a single thing about the story going in, so ball's in your court Falcom. ;)

8. GuardianOfDarkness

GuardianOfDarkness New Member

hope xseed localize it asap, day 1 LE

9. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

The game will include three mini-games - including one featuring the show-within-a-game Mahou Shoujo Magical Alisa.

10. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Two of the three revealed minigames are meta-references and I wouldn't be surprised if the skateboarding game takes some cues from Sen II's snowboarding mechanics-wise. Michey Panic was a minigame in Sen (featuring the extended shout-out to Alisa's special Sen II DLC costume) and Gate of Avalon was the attraction where you could play a special game of Blade. The game may or may not be identical, it's hard to be sure from the Japanese post.

11. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

Has there been any word yet as to whether the setting in TX will be a one-and-done, or if the plan is to use this game as the start of an ongoing storyline?

Or will that all depend on how well (or otherwise) this game might be received?

12. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

No, but I think it's safe to assume this is going to be a one-shot deal, unless they leave a sequel hook in the game and it sells spectacularly well. The last non-flagship game that Falcom tried doing sequels to (Zwei) underperformed and that seems to have left them leery of doing more. And while Xanadu isn't exactly a coherent brand, the individual entries aren't known for sequels. with only KazeDen getting one.

Okay, it's also possible Falcom is planning on a multi-game story and simply hasn't told us *cough*Sora no Kiseki FC*cough* but we'll know that for sure if we get to the end of TokyoXana and are slapped with a massive cliffhanger. Listen for the sounds of mass screams of ultimate suffering.

13. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

I agree, especially the "sells spectacularly well" part.

14. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

The latest update covers that key component of any RPG worth its salt - shopping!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

The official website has more screenshots. Count how many in-jokes you can spot at the mall...

16. manifla

manifla New Member

So there is a OVA about video game characters from another video game series inside a video game that can be watched by the real world video game characters?

Obviously the only recourse is for one of the Cold Steel characters to create cartoons and television about the Tokyo Xanadu characters. ^_^

17. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

18. ceruleanstars

ceruleanstars New Member

I'm half-waiting for this to form the basis of Falcom Academy: The 3rd.

19. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

20. asdronin

asdronin New Member

Nerroth thanks for the update, these latest screens I have never seen them before but make it look even better with every new screen, is there any confirmation about Xseed being interested in this title? because I have been following it since its development was announced and I only saw the poster and Falcom logo with brief description at that time