Tokyo Xanadu (Ps Vita)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nerroth, Mar 4, 2015.

1. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

Pretty much, which is good because anyone can just jump right in and enjoy the story without worrying about past games or something.

2. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

More info and screenshots have been posted here.

3. ceruleanstars

ceruleanstars New Member

Posting a little late, but... Considering how much money Falcom has made from Kiseki in the past few years, and how long their development cycles are, I'd be really surprised if they stooped to making Blatant Persona Ripoff in a quick cash-in attempt. I mean, I'm sure a lot of people could have said in 1987, "This Ys thing? Just looks like a Legend of Zelda ripoff." I also remember thinking that Trails in the Sky FC sounded like a pretty generic JRPG plot from the initial descriptions I read, and only picked it up because it was getting so many good reviews I figured there had to be something worthwhile about it. So I'm going to reserve judgement until I actually see some of the game in action.

4. someguy212

someguy212 New Member

Apparently, Tokyo Xanadu is slated for release on September 30th. Since Falcom announced earlier that they are releasing Tokyo Xanadu first, maybe this means Ys will get delayed to next year? I hope not.

5. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

This compilation trailer has a few seconds' worth of TX footage, starting at the 0:28 mark or thereabouts:

6. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

7. ceruleanstars

ceruleanstars New Member

Was that a new Mana/Seiken Densetsu game teased in the trailer for a second? I'm not sure whether to be hopeful that it can finally pull the franchise out of the pit of suck they drove it into, or worry that it'll just pound in the nails.

8. someguy212

someguy212 New Member

I wouldn't be optimistic since it is also getting released for iOS and android.

9. Clessy

Clessy Member

Arcturus is such an amazing game. It would be great if we could one day get a steam or some sort of localization. Granted Arcturus isnt actually a Falcom game. Just saying.

10. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Fun factoid for the terminally paranoid: The Orbal Network from Kiseki is making an appearance in Tokyo. Now we just need Michey and Michel for the full crossover/crack theorizing experience.

It's a port of an already-released Android/iOS game. I've been waiting for the Vita version to play it for myself so I can't offer any additional commentary other than that. I'm not altogether optimistic that it's going to be a big return to form - I think it's time to admit that whatever we loved about Classic!Mana, after the disappointment that most of World of Mana was its days are long done - but it could still be a fun game on its own terms.

11. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

Ah, I was trying to look for this thread. Here are the latest DPS scans.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Does Mitsuki really have blue hair? Some said she does but I want to know your opinions, guys.

12. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

I don't see what color that would be other than blue.

13. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Yeah, unless you want to get snobby about specific shades (teal, duck egg, summer sky at 3:17 PM!), blue is blue. :p Unless you meant 'is that really supposed to be blue in-universe?' in which case the experience of the Kiseki series (where people describe their own hair as 'green' or 'pink-brown'* or whatever is appropriate) suggests the answer is still: Yes, her hair is blue.

And speaking of blue-haired characters and since I haven't commented on this before, Sora appears to be the love child of Klose Rinz and Angelica Rogner. Don't laugh, it could happen.

* Not joking, this is exactly how Fran's hair is described in Zero no Kiseki.

14. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

Well, Mitsuki and Asuka are thd two females I'm interested the most at the moment.

15. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

How the battles will rely on attribute strengths and weaknesses.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/25/tokyo-xanadus-battles-rely-a-lot-on-attribute-strengths-and-weaknesses/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. JoniCroni

JoniCroni New Member

When are we going to get a trailer? And I mean a proper trailer, not 15 seconds of a line-up.

17. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

18. Clessy

Clessy Member

So when it xseed gonna announce localization or copy right the web domain so I dont rush out and import this next month?

19. wayfarer99

wayfarer99 New Member

Look, I'm tired of folks bemoaning the art or complaining about character archetypes.

Worse are those put off by any possible nods/references to the persona series...seriously, nothing is more aggravating than that...especially if you "desire" the game to be localized, personally I do.

There's something that peopleseem to misunderstand about "originality" and that isbeing "original" can, and often does, mean taking some preexisting story/idea/etc and tweaking it and that's fine.

More to the point, the vita NEEDS more games for its library and frankly, this looks like it'd fit the bill. XSEED in general has done fairly well to catering to niche gamer tastes, a clique to whom I am a proud card carrying member and am happy and proud of not only their normally quality localizations but their willingness to bet on franchises like Corpse Party and Trails, to which I am a huge fan of both.

I love JRPGs, anime and the tropes that come with, good, bad, risque and/or bizarre so maybe someone may be able yo empathize (or not) with my disgust at modern (and mainstream) gaming trends and sensibilities that frankly, have released games of inferior quality in tetms of personal attachment and craft to which, and pardon my views, many western games just fail to do.

Yet there's just something charming and endearing about JRPGs in general that just work for me.

Again, XSEED if you aren't already...consider seriously looking into/working on Tokyo Xanadu. I would love t9 continue rooting and supporting your games.
    Seriously, I'm just digging the game's aesthetics and vibe and Falcom does such good work.

Truly though, this side of the world's narrow mindedness and underappreciation for the genre sickens me...nearly as much as our ridiculous priortizing of what should and shouldn't be censored almost to the point of being contrived and asinine...but I digress.

Really...the vita needs more quality titles for the platform and I think you at XSEED are more than up to the task. It just looks like such a promising title backed by good company pedigree...passing it over would be as huge a mistake as not realizing the potential in the vita ports of Ao and Zero no Kiseki (the Evolution R ports)

20. wayfarer99

wayfarer99 New Member

Look, I'm tired of folks bemoaning the art or complaining about character archetypes.

Worse are those put off by any possible nods/references to the persona series...seriously, nothing is more aggravating than that...especially if you "desire" the game to be localized, personally I do.

There's something that peopleseem to misunderstand about "originality" and that isbeing "original" can, and often does, mean taking some preexisting story/idea/etc and tweaking it and that's fine.

More to the point, the vita NEEDS more games for its library and frankly, this looks like it'd fit the bill. XSEED in general has done fairly well to catering to niche gamer tastes, a clique to whom I am a proud card carrying member and am happy and proud of not only their normally quality localizations but their willingness to bet on franchises like Corpse Party and Trails, to which I am a huge fan of both.

I love JRPGs, anime and the tropes that come with, good, bad, risque and/or bizarre so maybe someone may be able yo empathize (or not) with my disgust at modern (and mainstream) gaming trends and sensibilities that frankly, have released games of inferior quality in tetms of personal attachment and craft to which, and pardon my views, many western games just fail to do.

Yet there's just something charming and endearing about JRPGs in general that just work for me.

Again, XSEED if you aren't already...consider seriously looking into/working on Tokyo Xanadu. I would love t9 continue rooting and supporting your games.
    Seriously, I'm just digging the game's aesthetics and vibe and Falcom does such good work.

Truly though, this side of the world's narrow mindedness and underappreciation for the genre sickens me...nearly as much as our ridiculous priortizing of what should and shouldn't be censored almost to the point of being contrived and asinine...but I digress.

Really...the vita needs more quality titles for the platform and I think you at XSEED are more than up to the task. It just looks like such a promising title backed by good company pedigree...passing it over would be as huge a mistake as not realizing the potential in the vita ports of Ao and Zero no Kiseki (the Evolution R ports)