Tokyo Xanadu (Ps Vita)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nerroth, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

[​IMG]

During the recent forum outage, some news broke about Tokyo Xanadu, an upcoming Nihon Falcom game for the PS Vita.

At the very least, I wonder if this game will lead to Falcom-chan (either one) getting a moore contemporary costume set...

...but on a more serious note, what are the odds that XSEED might want to take a look at this game someday?

2. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

Short of the Falcom partnership being cast aside, I'd say the odds are extremely good that XSEED will be localizing this. The more I see of this, the more I'm pretty darn excited about it. The only question as far as I'm concerned is how far into the future the localization might be, because Falcom is already stretched pretty thin.

3. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Depending how dialogue heavy it might be, maybe next year?

4. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

I'd be surprised if this doesn't get localized, but I can't say it isn't the most disappointing announcement in a while for me.

5. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

I figured the stylization is leaving you apprehensive, but I'm confident that Falcom will do well with the setting and not throw out the same tired anime archetypes that these settings often have (though admittedly, the designs aren't helping there...). If nothing else, you know the gameplay and music will be good.

6. tilinelson2

tilinelson2 Active Member

Despite all the FUD spilled in forums by "you know who", I am glad it is confirmed for Vita and looks like a traditional Falcom RPG in a modern setting. Can't wait for it to be localized.

7. KaiserJanus

KaiserJanus New Member

Wondered why this didn't get it's own page sooner.

I thought it was a common mindset not to play their games for the art style. (well except for Brandish, Arcturus, or Dinosaur)

Anyway, this will takes it's sweet time to go through the process. But I am good at waiting, if SC is proving anything.

8. Motoki

Motoki New Member

Well if there were to be some super sekrit talks that can't be commented on I hope XSeed will try to get it working with the PSTV so we don't end up in a Japan has it working but NA doesn't situation like Ys Celceta.

Anyway, I'm excited for this one. Possibly Falcom's answer to Persona? If so I'm totally okay with that.

9. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

That's partially due to bad timing as Celceta followed the release of PSTV. If Tokyo Xanadu is localized and the Japanese version supports PSTV, I would assume that will also apply to the localized version. Hypothetically, if the localized version of Celceta still doesn't support PSTV by the time a localization is potentially announced for this one, that sounds like a bit of leverage to try and get that programming done at the same time, since the coder(s) would need to have the same skill set. Of course as an Ys fan, I'm hoping Celceta's a done deal by then because the game would be totally awesome on PSTV. But eh. :(

10. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

The art doesn't even bother me as much as the blatant Persona influence. I haven't really looked into any news of the game since the platform and said influences came to light, so I'm not sure if everything I saw is actually accurate. But randomly generated dungeons and a focus on social link stuff is blaah.

11. JoniCroni

JoniCroni New Member

There's something about this game that doesn't "click" on me. Like, I found myself trying to get interested in it but I can't. I hope the future trailer (promised to come soon) can gather my interest.

12. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

13. nivorae

nivorae New Member

reading about ti basically being a persona clone is so off putting imo
    but at the same time i have faith in falcom to mix it up and give it something unique?

14. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

Not sure about the Persona stuff either, but I'll get the game anyway because it's Falcom.

15. JoniCroni

JoniCroni New Member

I don't know what to think about the "Persona references". I mean, if I want a Persona-like game, I rather play a Persona game.

But on the other hand, it may be done in a way that it enhances the game. After all, I think it can fit perfectly with the amount of work that Falcom puts in their games, specially in the Trails series... and this game is suppose to get the best from Trails and Ys and surpass it, as Falcom has said.

16. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

Perhaps it's best not to call it "persona like" until we get more and more info on the game. It's looking more and more awesome with each new update.

17. FirionHope

FirionHope New Member

18. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

The question is when will XSEED get a chance to localize this.

19. akito666

akito666 New Member

I want this game too!!! XD

20. Clessy

Clessy Member

Imho this looks like a more realistic ip to localize from Falcom than anything else as it doesnt have the sigma of needing other games translated.