To Love-Ru Trouble Darkness: True Princess (Ps Vita)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JustAHappyRobot, Sep 9, 2015.

1. JustAHappyRobot

JustAHappyRobot New Member

https://youtu.be/hqRLgiLdY7o

Any To Love-Ru fans out there that would like to see this game make it's way overseas? It looks pretty fun and we often don't get that many dating sims brought over. Any thoughts?

2. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

Anime license means about a 0% chance.

3. JustAHappyRobot

JustAHappyRobot New Member

Oh really? I was unaware of that. Any particular reason as to why?

4. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it's the license itself, or trying to get the rights for the VAs, or something else, but I think there's at least a financial barrier that makes it harder to acquire these kinds of games.

(somebody else could/should probably give a better answer; I just know that anime games are pretty rare to see localized by smaller companies)

5. asdronin

asdronin New Member

I havent realized before but you are quite right, anime games are only picked by big companies or the same company who made the game, never thought about it, but should be as you said, there might be a huge financial requirement only to bring something related to certain anime to the west. Getting back to the topic about the To Love Ru game I think it looks quite fun in the video I watched, I really would like to see this one licalized too, also think it would fit many people likes as its more than dating sim, having some action parts and you can even free roam in some scenary only talking to characters, I hope its localized too.

6. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Along with what was said, there was an article published a few years ago that stated that even retail stores weren't fond of having anime-based game titles on shelves (for whatever reason). The anime basically has to be HUGE to even be considered and even then... Sword Art Online is FINALLY getting a retail copy of a game, after the first one proved to be very successful as a digital version. Not just that, but the MMO type of game it is iun the show, makes it easy to translate into an actual game. Trust me, it would be nice to see more games based on anime, but it's mostly going to be the big titles only, like DBZ, Naruto, and One Piece, pretty much.