Tim Schafer: Yo Dawg I Heard You Like Kickstarters So I Kickstarted A Site To Kickstart

Discussion in 'Mostly Harmless (Serious Discussion)' started by Dancougar, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Dancougar

Dancougar New Member

2. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

So yeah, a lot of people blow through Kickstarter funds a lot faster than they expect and promise too much and deliver less or nothing. I've never supported any of the particular projects Double Fine's done but I see this a lot. It's just the ongoing risk of supporting something that may not ever amount to anything more than a dream.

3. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I geel like this topic is trying to be provocative out of thin air. I dunno, a topic was opened yesterdsy with a propagandaish agenda almost, with serious discussion, but op never returned to make any further discussion almost. I'm hoping to hear more than links from opinion pieces.

4. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

Yeah, same. Heck, even the first post of the other thread you mentioned just gave off a... provoking kind of vibe to me.

5. Dancougar

Dancougar New Member

I'm more or less waiting for something to catch my interest

6. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

That um... sounds like someone dangling bait and waiting for a bite. There's been plenty of talk on the other topic, but maybe not the reaction you were expecting. It might not be the forum you thought it was, perhaps. That's just how I see it.

I don't have much to add to this topic, but people spend their money however they want.

7. Dancougar

Dancougar New Member

hardly dangling bait and more or less wanting to inform people. And what wrong with an honest discussion?

8. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Alright that's fine. And serious discuss is something we can totally do here. I just have more to comment on with the former topic.

9. jivehonkey

jivehonkey New Member

kickstart my suicide i may or may not deliver, as with many kickstarts

10. Nyaon

Nyaon New Member

I love Psychonauts a lot, but I decided to not back the sequel because the release date was said to be sometime in 2018. I'd get so anxious waiting that long, especially since I'd be investing over 30 bucks on it. The guy's past experiences with crowd-funding doesn't help either; I'm already kind of on the edge about backing things after Mighty No. 9....

Nonetheless, I'm sure they'll reach their goal! I look forward to getting the game once it's out.