The Xseed Workout Group!

Discussion in 'Mostly Harmless (Serious Discussion)' started by Terro, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

So after all them Seattle walks, I became a lazy slug when I got home and just worked and did PC stuff, with some cleaning projects. Go to the gym today (been almost 3 weeks!) and somehow I have all this energy and stamina 0_o Was able to use the treadmill incline for much longer than normal, and even able to do a short run! Not sure how or why, but I sure wish it was like that all the time! Sometimes I just tire out quick and become short of breath too fast :/ Maybe the Seattle walks helped? My lungs felt great for the walking... not so much with the smells of the city/pollution cities have and such, though.

2. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Been making an effort to gym every day, even just for a little bit. Sluggish last night, went at 10. 10 is way to late for me. 9 is fine though, but at 10 I'm yawning and have no stamina left.

The treadmills were all busy, so I did the sit down petal bike. I don't like using them often, but they are really good for knees! Legs felt like jelly after :p

3. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

My playlist for the gym is getting more additions...

You're Not Here (Silent Hill 3)
    Confidence (Read or Die TV)
    Tank! (Cowboy Bebop)
    Rain (Cowboy Bebop)
    Eyes On Me (Final Fantasy VIII)
    On second though, maybe my phone can't handle the Real Emotions of Final Fantasy X-2... :(
    Flowers (Flowers)

... and then there are a few more CDs I'm thinking of ordering from JP, but we'll get to that later.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  4. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Where do you put your phone when doing things beside like cardio?

5. banballow

Pocket. :D

6. DustyStarr

Oh yeah those things exist. X3 I'm just not used to my gym shorts ever having pockets. Need to get a new pair. X3

...As overpriced as they are I kinda wanna get some from my school just for the pride. X3

7. banballow

So, I got a few more of them, and added the following to my workout playlist...

Flower p. (Flowers ~Le volume sur Printemps~) *
    Summer Sky Light (Flowers ~Le volume sur ete~) *
    Chaleur (Flowers ~Le volume sur ete~)
    Rainbow Magic (Flowers ~Le volume sur Automne~) *
    Forked Road (Flowers ~Le volume sur Automne~)
    Sweet Duet - New Version (Strike Witches)
    Dimension Tripper!!!! (Neptunia) **
    This Game (No Game No Life) **
    Dance Through the Danger (Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero)
    ICO -You Were There- (ICO)
    Oracion (No Game No Life)
    Teach Me A to Z (Yamada's First Time) *
    Barefoot Princess (Yamada's First Time) *

... up to 28 songs on there now. Usually riding to the gym + workout + riding back, there's maybe one or two songs left. Of course that's before I added those last 4 today.

* Ran through MS Translator, so... maybe not 100% accurate on the titles.
    ** Short versions that I intend to replace in the future.

8. banballow

Eureka!! I've solved my problems, and added Real Emotion (Final Fantasy X-2) onto my phone. Also threw Simple and Clean + Sanctuary on there for good measure.

9. banballow

Walking to the gym this afternoon, I couldn't help but drool a bit as I passed by Dominos. (Half) Jokingly, I thought to myself, maybe I'll stop there on the way back.
    So, I made it to the gym, and I did my thing. I grabbed the best looking Tootsie Roll on display on my way out and popped it in my mouth.
    Making my way across the parking lot, enjoying my hard earned chocolate, I heard a rumble. I looked back, finding myself being pursued by rain clouds.
    I made it a good way down the street before they began assaulting me with their aerial H20 barrage. I was forced to seek refuge at the first building...
    ... and now I have pizza.

10. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Ugh, I've been so bad about getting to the gym lately, due to different circumstances :/ Must go back this week!!! Like, every day!!

11. banballow

So, I've gotten to where I can do about 20-25 pull-ups at a time. That's not bad, I reckon. Tonight I decided to try something different, and just used one arm. Not even close to 20-25. :oops:

12. banballow

Looked up one arm pull-ups online. It shows that the way I was doing them last night is the best way to start. One arm on the bar (or tree branch, as the case may be), then putting your other hand around the wrist of the arm your hanging from, for better stability. Eventually, you should be able to let go... in theory.

Also, it says if you're going to do them, to do them at the start of your workout, because they will probably be the hardest thing you do. I'd say that's pretty on the money there.

13. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Trying to get back into muscles... I hate being out of it for sooooo long, and then you do a basic muscle activity, and it hurts for a few days :/ *sigh* I've only had time the past few weeks to do cardio, since I always had other things I had to do, and had to leave early each time. For sure this week, since I got caught up with my sleep, I'll go back and do when I can after work.

14. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Back to a more steady workout again! Depending on what happens in the week, I'm going 4 days a week now instead or 2-3 (when I was steady before) and trying to push it even more. Back into muscles, focusing on a different part of the body each time, because some days I just get SO SORE, especially when it takes 2 days sometimes for the soreness to hit me. I think it's going ok. Trying to up my stamina more and run longer, but I've never been built for long distances, only a sprint.

15. DustyStarr

I did a lot of walking while at work today, which is odd because my job is just sitting at a computer, but every chance I got I went for a walk, and at the end I got a couple miles in. Small but something. :x

16. banballow

Headed up to Starbucks tonight to grab one of their Unicorn drinks. Made it to the corner, then decided... maybe I'll go to the gym first?
    So, made a detour and did that first. I did my usual... which is to say, I just kind of wandered around doing a bit of everything, until I got tired.
    I sat down on a mat to recover a bit, and pulled out my Switch, loading up VOEZ. It's hard to play a rhythm game with...

... seriously. Songs that I should have been able to at least get a high B on, I probably would have failed... you know, if you could fail in VOEZ.
    Anyway, to make a long story short, I finally made it back to Starbucks.
    [​IMG]
    Well now, that was all rather anticlimactic. And that's how I spent the latter part of my evening.

17. Captain Falcon

Captain Falcon Well-Known Member

Well, just got back from my first 10+ mile run in quite some time. I finished at just over eleven miles, and I'm sure I could have done more except that I have to be at work in just under six hours. While I still have a ways to work to get back to what I used to be able to do, it's a start. It helps too when I have a particular music album queued up that I want to play; in this case, it was the Your Name OST.

18. banballow

Decided to wear these to the gym today...
    [​IMG]
    ... made things a bit more difficult.

19. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I've been doing a lot more weights lately. Been busy this weekend, so haven't been able to make it to the gym. Good thing, because I did squats on Thursday, and even yesterday I could barely bend my legs and walk properly >_> Sometimes it takes a few days to heal up, so I've just been trying to more work on what I eat lately when I lack going to the gym.

20. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Started a pretty amazing home workout, I'll have to post the order/cool down stretches, has actually been super beneficial and quite a test!