The Xseed Workout Group!

Discussion in 'Mostly Harmless (Serious Discussion)' started by Terro, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Just treadmill, but since I was super full, it was on a lower speed :p I try and change things up and build stamina but walking on the highest incline setting for as long as I can. Sometimes if I have enough energy, I'll do a bit of a run. I've never been the type to run long distances, so I do it a bit at a time. I hate the bikes because the standing up ones hurt your butt. The sitting bikes can be nice if you want a very lazy workout, and to build muscles in your legs/knee ligaments (I have week joints).

2. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Officially giving up soda, sweets, and unhealthy snacks for the foreseeable future. On day 3... think this will be fairly easy actually. X3 Just putting my mind to it. Also making much more strict portions. I know working out is good and such, but if I ever wanna see serious weight loss I have to be serious about changing the way I eat. Going okay... though I need to get my sleeping schedule in order so my meals are more regular. X3

3. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I think my hardest is giving up sugar 100% That's something I just can't do >_>

4. DustyStarr

By sugar do you men ALL sugar or just non natural fructose and the kind you find in more processed foods?

5. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

The fake stuff. I need to make money before I can truly afford to eat "healthy".

6. DustyStarr

Not entirely. Sure a lot of "healthy" things are expensive, but buying fresh veggies is really cheap, and fruits, if you buy from places like Costco, are not so bad. Also farmer's markets or those community crop... sharing things... forget what they are called. Nuts and seeds can be kinda spendy, but if you buy them in bulk it is not so bad. Lotta cheap healthy snacks out there too. X3

There are usually non HFC alternatives for a lot of foods out there, like bread and such.

7. LadyLevana1989

LadyLevana1989 New Member

I gave up sodas, it was hard the first week but now I function fine without them and I'm going on my first month without drinking any. I've been doing pretty good, been using Myfitnesspal to keep calories in check and exercising. I've just been super busy.

8. DustyStarr

That's great to hear. :3 Oh hey, does MyFitnessPal work well for homemade meals, or do you have to calculate the calories yourself?

9. LadyLevana1989

LadyLevana1989 New Member

Typically for homemade stuff I just search and stuff that's already in the database comes up in the search. You can also add items if you know the nutrional information.

10. DustyStarr

Cool. :3 Now that I have a smartphone I'll have to nab the app. I am sure I probably consume more calories than I think. X3

11. papa box

papa box Member

i have continued down the path of lifting things moving onto heavier things as i grow less weak. however i am back to baby strength tier, and have forgotten a lot of my lifting things knowledge

good luck, pals

12. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

It'll come back! Sometimes I start sucking at the gym if it's been a while, whether it's stamina for cardio, or the amount of weights I lift. Then when I start doing it for a bit, it becomes natural. Then I won't do it for a bit again, but then I notice... I can lift heavier stuff! No more 40 lbs, I can do not 50, but 60 now! It's been gradual for me, but crazy in seeing the difference.

13. papa box

papa box Member

seeing the difference rocks!!!

excited to get a student ID so i can use the college gym, fingers crossed it is decent and i can figure out the dead hours

14. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

College gym would be good! Personally, I never used mine. Often had classes that got out at like 9ish and at that point, just wanted to go home. Days I didn't go to school (or work) became workout days.... until end of quarter when I was knee-deep in studying.

Had a bit of a minor head cold the past couple days so layed off the gym. I hate getting worse, cause then I won't be able to gym for even longer.

15. DustyStarr

Since I will be going to school 4 days a week I should probably look into the school gym. At orientation they said that everything was brand new and state of the art, could be nice.

Starting green smoothies again for an extra boost of nutrition and to help me skin be a bit better; made one in advance for tomorrow. Really cramming the greens in this time... had to add a small splash of fruit juice (natural kind at least) to make it not taste like bitter greens. X3

16. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

Have been walking back and forth to my gym. It's a pretty good trip there and back.
    Had been debating it for a while, even before joining, but finally went for it today. Grabbed a bike.
    I haven't had a bike in... at least, a decade. Already managed to wipe out once on it. Go me!!
    One huge difference from what I've had in the distant past, and thankfully I figured this out before jumping out in the middle of traffic...
    ... pushing back on the pedals does nothing. Have to use the hand brakes. Good to know.

Gonna have to get used to it before going any real distance.

17. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

^ Good job! I can't ride a bike, so it's not an option for me, so I walk :x

18. DustyStarr

Can't ride a bike? :( Do you have a condition that prevents it, or were you never taught?

19. papa box

papa box Member

xseed forums project to teach each other how to ride bicycles

20. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I was never encouraged to bike ride when I was little, but never really had it in me to learn, either. I rode a trike when I was like 5, though! That's about it.

I didn't get as much walking out of this trip as I wanted :/ It rained some days and the bf got lazy some days, and I feel like I ate more some days than I worked off. Seattle PAX trips always makes me legs sore. I love being about to walk around, but my legs are like "oh I haven't gone this far in a while!"

EDIT: My 12,000th post :x

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016