The Xseed Workout Group!

Discussion in 'Mostly Harmless (Serious Discussion)' started by Terro, Dec 17, 2013.

1. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

I stayed up late last night playing Overwatch... way to late. When the alarm went off at 5AM, I briefly considered going to the gym. Then I rolled back over and fell asleep. :oops:
    I could have gone after I woke up, but it was already mid-90s out there. I can't wait for it to cool off a bit, so I can go later in the day.

2. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Oh yeah, most definitely not a permanent thing (although I know some who have adopted it as such!). I was on it for 8 weeks, which resulted in about 12 pounds of body fat lost. Pretty substantial, especially when mixed with the gym. The only downside is, you really need to do a lot of research. But I think totally worth it!

3. LadyLevana1989

LadyLevana1989 New Member

Last night I got in a hour dance practice, gonna do 30min workout today. I'm still kind of on and off but it's improving.

4. LadyLevana1989

Its been super quiet here, I weighed in on Monday and Ive lost 5 pounds. I still got a long way to go but its a good start. I got 20 mins in on the treadclimber and I upped the speed by 1.

5. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I went up again :/ Super busy week with big meals with friends, and no gym time. Back to salads and yogurt for me... Haven't been feeling too great too. Hopefully I'll be ok for a nighttime gym session tomorrow. I'm thinking of doing more heavy cardio than muscles for a bit.

6. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

I have been very off and on recently; some days I eat really well, some I eat pretty crap, some days I work out and walk a lot, some I don't... really need to get some consistency... I can tell though how bleh I feel these days if I eat a really crappy meal (oor maybe it is just because some days I eat better I feel the different now?), soo I really need to work hard on eating better.

7. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

Had a bit of a muscle cramp today for the first time in quite a long while. Not a way to finish out a session at the gym. :(

8. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I wonder how people that survive on things like quinoa and kale do it? Do they actually like the stuff, or just put up with it? >_>

9. DustyStarr

I like Kale... but it's no pizza... X3 I imagine if you just denied yourself unhealthy but yummy stuff, you would break a lot of your habits and get over needing certain kinds of foods. Penn Gillette lost 100 pounds because for 2 weeks he ate NOTHING but potatoes, then slowly added other healthy stuff in, and it eorked because during that 2 weeks he was able to get used to denying yourself and eating "healthy".

10. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I'm just the type that can get so sick of eating the same thing (even stuff I enjoy) over and over and over constantly. Then there's the whole "I need to move so I can utilize a kitchen" thing, too. Still, I hate cooking >_>

11. DustyStarr

I get sick of the same thing too, which is why certain diets are just not for me. I love cooking personally... but I usually like cooking unhealthy things. X3

12. LadyLevana1989

I can't do diets that limit what I can eat. It just doesn't work and I certainly don't force myself to eat stuff that regardless if it's healthy if I don't like it, I'm not eating it. I just track my food with a calorie goal. I find better success that way.

13. DustyStarr

Moderation and such is probably a better place to start, yeah.

14. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Well, I'm out of yogurt and cutting back on cereal for breakfast again, so I've decided to just make a glass of green tea in the morning. Well, mornings when I don't have to work. Enough to fill me up until I have a kind of brunch later on. If I work though, I do need to fill myself up a bit, since I'm really active. My job requires a lot of moving around and walking, so I easily hit 10k+ steps every shift. I also get issues too where my head hurts if I don't eat/drink enough. Crappy blood sugar and such.

15. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Well, I got my 20 min cardio in at the gym tonight, at least. So much stuff going on this summer, but at least I could get that in. My usual "it's better than nothing" motto (inspired by Mighty No. 9 :p) I had to get some (healthy!) groceries and stuff after, which is why I needed to cut it short tonight.

16. Cryrobinson

I really need to get my cardio together. I quit smoking cigarettes over a year ago, and I never really increased my cardio to counteract the breathing issues cigarette smoking causes. Still really need to work on that!

LadyLevana1989 likes this.
  17. LadyLevana1989

Congrats on quitting cigarettes! I know it's challenging to do so way to go on that!

18. Cryrobinson

Thank you! As challenging as they say it is, it all revolves around will power. The first week after I quit was the only time I felt any cravings/negative impact, but honestly, it wasn't too difficult. I think more people could, it just takes being ready! And 3 years of smoking had me ready.

19. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Had a 50 min cardio session last night. Was too bloated/full of water and rice to bend over and do a bunch of muscles :p Couldn't go too fast either but oh well. Glad I got through 2 episodes of my show, as it's my motivation to keep going.

20. DustyStarr

What all did you do in your cardio session?