The Xseed Workout Group!

Discussion in 'Mostly Harmless (Serious Discussion)' started by Terro, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Of course. But, I've been in the position myself where I go back to not just eating bad foods once and a while, but I've just gone "screw it" and end up in a bad place again :/ Nothing wrong with the occasional snacking, but not something that should be made into a habit, if it's something you are trying to get better with. I'm always around a big snacker, and so it's been easy for me to have a healthy eating day, and then see chips make their way into the house, and then me eat them :/ Even with grocery shopping, I try and limit the snacks to only ONE thing (only to have several others put into the cart that I didn't put in >_>) If anything, encourage snacks at just small portions. Chips into a bowl, and when the bowl is empty, that's it. No seconds. If it's a whole bag, it's easier to eat so much more :/

2. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

I get what you mean, you should definitely try to not give into temptation (and the portioning your snacks really does work, as does being aware of your eating and taking them slowly; I have been doing that recently). I am just saying to not beat yourself up if you mess up because that leads to less progress, more for Banny's benefit. X3

Day 2 of working out, abdominal area is kinda sore now, been pushing myself past the "worn out' point, doing 5 more reps each time I feel like I can not do any more. Not that I am doing a LOT right now, but it is a start.

3. LadyLevana1989

LadyLevana1989 New Member

Another night on the Tread Climber for 20 mins. Eating wise I'm doing okay, I'm still working on not eating a lot but today the light is starting to shine through on that. Typically when family goes out of town I normally just buy out for dinner but instead I went to the store and bought something I could make at home. Tomorrow Ill probably just finish what I bought since there still gone so yay for choosing better choices!

Have you also tried replacing stuff with better alternatives? I still eat chips here and there with a sandwich but I have actually switched to eating preztels mostly in place of chips. Its helping me a lot.

4. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

^ I actually bought a bag of pita chips a few weeks back. Bags are smaller, and they are nore filling since they are thicker, so it fills you up more. I've also gound myself eating more dark chocolates if I'm craving it. The Endangered Species brand is good, AND it donates money to save aminals!

As for gym stuff, I ended up doing my half hour treadmill, followed by some leg muscles. My shoulder muscles were sore today, so no arms. It always takes two days for me to feel it :/ Tomorrow I'll be running around at work, so prob no gym tomorrow. I'll get my 10k+ steps in for sure.

5. Arvelon

Arvelon Active Member

This.
    I swithched my snacks to fruits like bananas/apples and nuts/almonds/peanuts. They are tasty and better snack healthwise. And the point of snacking is not to get full, it's to get not hungry.

6. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

^ It sucks, because sometimes I feel like I'm wired to think "oh I'm not geeling full yet? Time to eat a little more...but I've been getting into the habit of not eating late at night, though. Today I shared a turkey bologna sammich though (once again, I blame my resident snacker :/) but it felt like a satisfying treat, even if it was late at night.

I am glad that I stopped working so many late nights, though. It was do bad getting home between 10-12, and feeling hungry after being so active, and not eating a full meal due yo a short break. Same for when I was in school and getting out late. It's definately helped. Since I came back from Vegas, I came back down 5 lbs. I still fluctuate up a pound or two, but just need to focus on going down even further :) Hotta go down and STAY down. I still have another 15ish lbs to go before I hit my ideal goal. Of course, it's hard to tell nowbif any of it is muscle... I've been getting stronger from weight training.

7. Arvelon

Arvelon Active Member

Can you add 10 minute of wait before additional food, and then ask yourself "Am I really that hungry?" And while you doing something else you also can just forget about that additional food. And even if you still hungry and eat more, you don't lose anything, because you would eat that amount without asking yourself.
    It's just that you stop feel hungry in about 10-15 minutes after you started to eat.
    I guess, I'm the lucky one here. I just never want to eat at night. Well, only if I haven't any food in last 8 hours.

To add something unrelated to discussion above, but related to topic, I found out that most significant part of physical activity is fun. If it's fun to do something, you'll continue to do this even after you achieve your initial goal. And that's awesome for health.

8. papa box

papa box Member

also drink tons of water a while before meals and if u eat and have that insatiable feeling drink then too, have found it helps personally. and if ur already drinking tons of water just do it MORE

- a doctor

9. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Yeah waiting is definitely key. When I go out to eat with friends, I often stop eating when I feel satisfied-slightly full. Never often do I super overfill myself. But they do :/ We always order WAY too much, but even then we will stop and just take home the rest for later. It's nice to have that sorta full feeling, where you can still enjoy a desert (or in my case, a milk tea) after, and be ok.

As for working out, yeah it's definitely good to have a motivating factor with it. For me, I'll save certain anime to ONLY watch when I go to the gym. So, I can only continue it if I go to work out. Since my brain is hardwired to get satisfaction out of completing things (so even if it turns out to be a mediocre show), I will still look forward to going to my workout, just so I can watch the show. In two years time, I've actually gone through quite a number of shows, including some more lengthy ones! Despite not always having the time to go to the gym due to school before, it's good to know how much I have done :) Pokemon Go has also made a new, almost unintentional motivation to work out too! Another way to look forward for walks :) Wii Fit just... never gave me a sense of accomplishment. "Yay, I got some coins for doing a few mins workout. Ok..." You actually get Pokemon by going out! What better motivation is there? :p

10. LadyLevana1989

Well I forgot to post last night. I did 20 mins on the Tread Climber last night and then 30 mins of Aerobics today. Tomorrow is my rest day!

11. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Forgot to mention too but had my workouts yesterday and today. Yesterday was more of the same, but I found that I was not feeling it as much in my abdominal area, so I increased everything again, did some walking too since the temperature was not SO bad this evening. Just gotta stick with it. X3

12. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I had some pretty long days walking around my workplace this weekend, so skipped gym to just relax a bit. I'll be back at it tomorrow + dog walk too, I'm sure (a place by my house usually spawns rare Pookymans!!)

13. LadyLevana1989

So Ive been kind of off and on with my workouts. Tonight I didn't do anything since I'm not feeling great. Going to return strong tomorrow though.

14. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

Made my way back to the gym today, spent about 40 minutes or so going from machine to machine. My phone is starting to annoy me. I've got a playlist* set up for while I'm there, and it will randomly pause. Have to dig my phone out of my pocket constantly, and start it back up. Stupid phone.

* For anybody interested...
    1. Goodbye to the World - Yume Miru Kusuri
    2. Hikari - Fragile Dreams
    3. Tsuki no Nukumori - Fragile Dreams
    4. =Oneself - No Game No Life
    5. Heavenly Star - Genki Rockets
    6. Rush - Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
    7. Magic of Courage - Princess Evangile
    8. Cursed Dawn - BloodRayne: Betrayal
    9. Desert Slaying - Wet

15. LadyLevana1989

I've been looking for more music to exercise to. Thank you for sharing, I'm gonna look them up once I'm home.

16. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

To anyone saying they don't like their body fat % / muscle mass %; while the gym is a great way to make progress, a diet will help as well. I just got off the ketogenic diet, which was incredible, and it helped me switch my %'s to my favor more so, I think. Burned fat off real quick.

17. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I had to look it up, and apparently the diet can help prevent epilepsy for children with severe cases of it. Huh. However, those cholesterol levels can be a toughy. You would almost have to do more work just to prevent anything serious from happening, no matter what the fat. I don't think it should be used as something that should be a permanent diet, though.

Went to the gym yesterday, first in like a week. Was feeling sluggish :/ Well, at least I got to watch more of my show! I think I should lay off the lower back machine. I do a lot of standing at work and a lot of slouching at home >_> Did some shoulders/arms, too. Haven't worked on torso for a bit, but I feel like I'll never drop the fat off, there >_>

18. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

Yeah, you really need to do both exercise and sustained healthy meals. I lost a couple pounds a few weeks ago but that was a combination of going to the gym ALL THE TIME and generally eating minimalist meals (like popcorn) with few calories. You can go to the gym but it's totally going to be lost if you head home and eat a delicious pizza loaded with all the toppings. Ummm, pizza.

19. LadyLevana1989

Well I haven't been as active, I am though getting back on track tomorrow. Ive gotta lose this weight!

20. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I've been feeling real sluggish, but on top with some bad meals I've had, I think it's also the heat that's been hitting lately+bad sleep. Even walking in a mall today and I felt like poo, but I think those two factors were the reason, rather than just general fatigue.

My weight's going up a little, so I gotta eat at home more, especially since I have a couple trips to go on soon. More boring stuff like straight salad, soup, fruits, yogurt, etc for the next week. Heading to the gym tonight, so prob just some cardio. As I always say: "something is always better than nothing". Even if it's for a short period of time, or I don't have time to do any machines or whatever, at least I'm getting my 20-30 min treadmill in. And if I can't do the incline or go too fast, at least i'm getting some motion in there! Always better than just sitting and home and deciding not to go. I mean, I do have other things to work on at home, but I really need this >_>