The Xseed Workout Group!

Discussion in 'Mostly Harmless (Serious Discussion)' started by Terro, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Captain Falcon

Captain Falcon Well-Known Member

I weighed myself earlier: 148.8 pounds. I haven't weighed in under 150 in years. Mind you, I never eat well during a con, and AX most of all, so I'm sure I'll gain some pounds back in the next few days, but still.

2. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

It's something to get me out of the house, I signed up at my local Planet Fitness today.
    They gave me a free t-shirt for signing up, but little did they know...
    ... I would have done it without the t-shirt. Suckers!!

3. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I've been going on more walks playing Go :) Haven't had time to hrad to thr gym lately, so this definitely helps for the in-between workout sessions.

4. banballow

Got up early this morning and went to the gym. Decided to give the treadmill a go, since I skipped it last time. Just started with a half mile, then put into Cooldown. I'm better at this workout thing than I thought, I already unlocked the "1337 Tread Skillz" Achievement.
    [​IMG]

5. banballow

My sister gave me a recommendation, suggested a Fitbit.
    Looked on amazon, and decided to go with the Alta. Doubles as a watch, plus it hooks up with my phone, etc. It managed to get to my house before I got off work. Love that amazon has Same Day in my area now.
    ... kind of bossy though, it just buzzed me and said "Let's move". You little... the app says I've burned nearly 2k Calories today already, give me a break.

6. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I'm still using my original Samsung Gear. Nice and smalln and shows texts and if someone is calling. Doesn't bug me to "keep moving!" either :p... my updated phone app does that :/ Despite me not always having my phone/watch on me when I walk.

7. banballow

Okay, it's 8:20 in the morning.
    6.7k steps already for the day (not completely accurate). Time for a break.

8. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

So what does a Fitbit do again? Trying to determine if it would be beneficial or not. People have told me it just does what your phone can already do.

Started my simple at home workout regime again today, going to try to keep at it and go to PF tomorrow. I have just been... kind of out of it. I have a lot of free time and have ended up wasting a lot of it, but this is the perfect time to work on myself. Guess getting rejected so much (job hunt) has gotten me a little down, but I bet working out will make me feel better.

9. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Fitbit (or any of the other similar branded watches) essentially count your steps. You can get fancier ones that let's you check your phone texts easier. I personally like it as an addition, since I don't always hear my phone in my purse. Basically the daily goal for people in 10,000 steps every day, if possible. Out of curiosity I looked it up and Google sez: "10,000 steps equates to about eight kilometres, or one hour and 40 minutes walking". I did it in km because Pokemon Go has teh Metric System, and eggs hatch at varying distances :p Not that it's exactly accurate, though. But anyhow yeah, it just helps track how much you do, overall.

10. DustyStarr

I see. Fitbits themselves look pretty spendy but it seems like there are some decent budget brands out there that can do much of the same thing. Having something to alert me to texts and calls would be pretty nice since I like having my phone on silent. X3

11. LadyLevana1989

LadyLevana1989 New Member

I just got done using the Tread Climber we have and I actually was able to go for 20 mins. I'm not to terriably back to square one on my weightloss so that makes me happy. I got to lose over 100+ pounds and while I'm not setting a date, I would like to be maybe out of the 200s before Christmas.

12. DustyStarr

I am pretty much back to square one myself, it is sad. X3 But if I can just keep the motivation I can see myself making progress. Man, being out of the 200s would be so nice...

13. LadyLevana1989

I know right, I lose motivation and then I'm back to square one. I almost got out and then, I crashed and burned. Well, cant give up, got to keep trying!

14. DustyStarr

Yeah. Seeing more people post here is getting me a bit more pumped. And just recently I have been thinking like, cheesey as it sounds we are in control of our lives and we can achieve our dreams and what we want if we just do it, so I have to just do it. Nothing is stopping me from hitting PF tomorrow, and even I can afford 10 dollars a month.

We just need to force ourselves. X3

15. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

With so many salads etc, sometimes I feel like I still need a bad meal now and then to keep sane. Today I didn't get to gym, since a friend came over, but we at least went on a Pokemon Go walk and took the dog. Everything helps! Plus I already got my 10k steps in at work, earlier.

16. LadyLevana1989

It's better to indulge once in a while then to deprive yourself. I learned the hard way on that lesson.

17. banballow

I've been pretty bad. The gym is about a 25 minute walk from the house, so it's walk to the gym, workout for 30 ish minutes... stop at Sonic on the way back for a drink and burger.
    >_>
    <_<;

18. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Definitely. Sometimes if it's been a VERY long time and a bag of chips are bought (NOT by me), I can put quite a few of those away :/ Depriving makes binging easier... and then I end up mad at myself and usually with a sore stomach too, from eating so quick :/

Maybe try and changing up the snack idea for a slightly healthier alternative? It's sad how many calories can be in one burger, and it can nullify all the hard work put into the day. Better saved for a cheat day, maybe >_>

19. Arvelon

Arvelon Active Member

Well, if your only purpose is to lose weight - then yes. But you still got profit for getting more strengh and endurance. Still, it's not efficient to eat junk food after training. Calorie deficit is the key to losing weight.

20. DustyStarr

The very act of making yourself go to the gym is also something to feel good about, because you are training yourself to get into a healthier lifestyle. Even if you make mistakes you shuld not beat yourself up because that will make you more likely to give up; just gotta keep moving forward.

Arvelon likes this.