The Xseed Workout Group!

Discussion in 'Mostly Harmless (Serious Discussion)' started by Terro, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Hey guys, remember when we talked about making a separate topic for working out a while back? Hope you didn't forget about it, since I just remembered today as I got back into my routine :p But if you missed out on the discussion, feel free to join us!

Basically, I'm putting this in Serious Discussion being that well, it's something to be serious about, and hopefully will be encouraging to get more of us motivated to working out, or eating better, or whatever! If you are feeling ok with it, feel free to post your progression like weight loss, or how much more strength you've built up, etc. I'm terrible at trying to stay fit myself and it's also VERY difficult to be motivated, but I think if we help each other out, we can help make it a routine thing for a healthier lifestyle for everyone, with still plenty of time to play games of course :p (and the possibility of working out AND playing games!)

So I'll start with me (like I said, only feel whatever you feel comfortable to post!) I'm not overweight, but I do have excess on my sides that I do wish to slim down. I'm aiming for about 10-15 pounds and to STAY down! Toughest challenge for me, is that they always say the last 10 pounds is the hardest, so it's been difficult for me to come down and STAY down... Food is one component I do need to work on too... Still, cardio, cardio, cardio!
    I worked out most of the summer on the treadmill, which was cheap off Craigslist with a TV, so PS3 is hooked to it so I can watch anime DVDs, Netflix, whatever, on it and it REALLY helps it from being boring! I don't think I'm good enough to game while being on it though... Too small a screen and harder to concentrate, I would think... Anyways, fall semester tied me up, but I had yoga, which I recommend for strength training because even doing it only twice a week (or more if you want) you can see results in a couple months it's crazy! And you learn tips for your life too to keep at it :) Now, I'm back to cardio and need to get used to that again... I start with a set of 10 lunges each leg, 24 min cardio (aka one episode), and then try and do some plank/push ups before I tire out from fatigue :p

Let's make this success and hear some awesome progression and success stories^^

2. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

Oh hey, this. I really need to lose weight, myself. I'm better than I was about a year and a half ago (I've lost about 35 pounds since then), but I could still lose another 30-35 pounds. Unfortunately, it's winter time (meaning the only real activity I can do outside is shoveling, and even then, we have a snowblower, so...), and while there is a treadmill here, I don't like going on it. So that leaves... Wii Fit... Just remembered Wii Fit U, though... Perhaps I should look into that, and get outside once spring comes around.

3. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

My weight is pretty good, body fat percentage not so much. Been thinking about getting a gym membership but that = $$$.

Shovel anyway! We have a self propelled lawn mower, and while I rarely mow last time I did it with the self propel system off. Which actually makes it even harder to push than a normal lawn mower. Got a pretty decent workout out of that.

4. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

I am mostly going to focus on getting a good amount of cardio in, and eating better (not just to loose weight, which I probably should, but just for general health and wellness). I need to start actually forming a plan though... X3

5. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Even shoveling snow helps! And if anything, since you come from the land of Polar Vivillions, winter is the BEST time to stay warm and work out^^ Maybe even purposely keep the heater off for a bit so you get more motivated to hop on :p

If anything, food is my worst thing... This semester I've kept at the same weight, but I ate out like the entire time, due to lack of time to even get groceries (seriously, I was that busy >_>) I'll try and do what I can, but I'm terrible with being creative with food...

6. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

Food's my worst thing too, since I don't really eat all that much...

7. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I think it's crazy sometimes how people's bodies can differ so much! It was like my roomate who couldn't loose weight, but sometimes went a whole day without eating or even being hungry. Don't forget not eating a lot is bad too! Don't want your body to go into starvation mode and store the rations as fat. If anything, maybe try and just force yourself to eat tiny portions, even if you don't want to?

8. DustyStarr

I know that feel. ;~; I try, but sometimes... I just don't know what to do...

9. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

Yeah, that's pretty much how I lost my first 35 pounds. ...Well, it was more "I watched my snacking, and cut down on it".

10. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

My diet is terrible. If I didn't have a good metabolism (or whatever is keeping me at 100 lbs), I would probably be obese right now. Considering all the crap I eat, I'm extremely fortunate to be at my weight. I would like to fix my diet so I could start eating healthier foods, although I still want to have a balance of both healthy food and the food that I normally eat.

As for exercise, I probably should desperately, lest I be 5'3" for the rest of my life. It also kind of sucks to not have muscle considering I have trouble carrying things and opening things, etc. The main problem with that is motivation.

Not eating is bad in general. I'm very light so I can't speak about how it affects weight, but not eating is extremely unhealthy. I usually skip out on breakfast because I'm usually not hungry in the morning and there usually isn't something appetizing that I can make at my house quickly. So, I skip out on breakfast as per usual and head out to my bus. Turns out that the bus comes earlier that day by like 3 minutes and then I start running to make sure the bus driver won't leave me because I'm kind of far from where the bus is. Considering I don't exercise, I got really tired. Then add the fact that I didn't eat in the morning. That morning was not pleasant, but I'll spare the details.

11. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

I hate/envy everyone with good metabolisms because I could eat nothing for weeks and still not lose an inch. But anyway, I have no particular goal weight (other than less) and have been trying all sorts of healthier eating options and go to the gym 4+ times a week. And despite both those, my weight keeps going up. Sigh.

12. KlausRealta

Are you sure it's fat? Muscle is more dense than fat, so I think muscle is heavier in general.

13. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

Muscle does weigh more but trust me, it's mostly fat in my case. :p

14. Cqef

Cqef Member

It reminds me to work out my abs a little.
    Not that I'm fat or anything, but the few fat I have around the belly makes the whole thing like jelly. A little more abs should do the trick.

15. akito666

akito666 New Member

I am in good shape but I am physically weak compared to my father when he was my age. He could lift over 200 pounds and walk several flights of stairs. I can only lift like 30-40 pounds and walk 1-2 flights of stairs. I do weight-lifting for some months before but one time, I injured my wrist. Took a few months to heal. Since then, I stopped weight lifting. My father is a top-class Hung Kuen fighter who had once beaten a kungfu school master unconscious in a one-on-one clash whereas I am a white belt karate dropout who have never fought before. I sound pathetic, ain't I?

16. SquatDingloid

SquatDingloid New Member

i want to run faster and longer

17. DustyStarr

Running is fun, that is a nice goal. :3

18. SquatDingloid

SquatDingloid New Member

gonna go fast

19. KlausRealta

Maybe I should practice running by being late to go to my bus on purpose...

20. SquatDingloid

SquatDingloid New Member

pretend you're a sports car, beep beep