The (New And Improved) Thread Of Silly-Randomness!

Discussion in 'Don't Panic! (Silly Discourse)' started by Terro, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

Well of course you aren't; I said I had a girlfriend. :p

2. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!

3. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

schnitzel is my favorite character in Chowder, rada rada. x3

4. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Someone forgot >_>

I've just been pretty busy... Trying to do a lot of fitness stuff so it's like every day I've been going to the gym or on a long walk. It sucks because it's essential, and I'm just like "I could be doing so many more things..." (tv show/movie/game backlog grows...) but I am seeing results. Like, I can't notice in the mirror but my pants seem to be "growing" so I guess it's a sign I'm doing something right. There's definitely bad food/snacks I should cut down on, although I could never entirely cut out because that's no fun :/

So yeah between that and full time work I just kinda float around... I'm verrrry close to moving out soon, so that's a good thing too. Finally I can dig through storage. I have a lot of stuff I want to play the "do I still want this?" thing (without the help of Marie Kondo, because I knew how to do this before >_>) Here's hoping I'll be able to play more games n stuff that way. I have been reading tons of manga on my tablets though. Lotsa digital stuff on like Crunchyroll, Shonen Jump, and Manga+ that I don't have plan on ever buying (well, except Demon Slayer has been exceeding my expectations...)

So yeah I'm around >_> My Backloggery is continuously updated on stuff, too (or free to message/text/bother).

5. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

I did. X3 My b. :x work got very hectic and I was super distracted. My current job goes through periods of next to no activity and then working 10+ hours a day several days in a row. My current project only just ended (though while today was supposed to be a day off I was still called in, bluh).

How has work life been going anyways? Last I recall it is still just, like, a lot of waiting to actually have work to do.

Pretty sure I have asked before, but have you thought about incoporating media consumption into workout? I've gone through a few shows I wanted while at the college gym, prop my phone up on the tredmill or whathave you.

Glad to know everyone is more or less okay if busy!

6. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

You did message? Checking now, looks like last one I got was back in Jan >_> At least on Hangouts, or was it on something else?

Work is still slow... Just how it is right now in a transitional time with work and roles being shifted around a lot.

As for the gym, it's one of the few places I actually get time to watch anime. I stick my Crunchyroll stuff on the treadmill and go. But I need to focus on muscles too. My bones are apparently fairly brittle, due to not really focus on strengthening a lot. I'm getting better, but working out in general will always be something I never enjoy, so it's always really a chore. Sure, sometimes after the muscle pain heals from being pulled and strained it feels good, but exercising (unless going for long walks) will never be a hobby of mine :/

7. DustyStarr

No no I meant I DID forget. X3 I was going to but work took over my mind. I'm sorry, I shoulda checked in. :x Work has kind of made me hate my phone to an extent; when you work in media, your phone is like an anchor that is constantly keeping you chained to the job, even when you are off the clock.

Oh yeah, I can see that being trickier with weight training. I do listen to podcasts when lifting dumbbells and using some of the machines, but for watching anime I can see how that would be tricky, especially in a gym. Can't exactly watch your phone when you are on the bench. Does the BF go with you? I find the gym a lot more fun when you're with someone, but I can understand just not being into it. We ARE nerds, afterall.

8. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I got lazy over the years :p As a kid I was energetic and WANTED to go do more sports and activities, but was discouraged since I got sick a lot so had to stay indoors and stuff a lot... So yeah, I just dug deeper into my nerd stuff from that :p I feel like I've talked to a lot of people that got into nerd things due to things like this with staying indoors a lot from like being sick or whatever a lot, and that's how they discovered games and things.

9. Ammy175

Oh hey Terro. Funny you mention fitness; I need to get around to losing a few pounds, too, but depression and stress and stuff just keeps me indoors and in my room.

10. DustyStarr

The best thing you can do to start is just going on a little walk in your neighborhood because it will help twofold. One, burning calories and such, but 2, going on walks fights depression.

I think I just got into nerd stuff by being a nerd... when I was younger I had a healthy balance of being outside, playing sporps and such, but around the time I got my Gamecube is when I sorta retreated inwards. I think it had to do with a mix of my friends all moving away and getting bullied some at the new school I went to in Middle School, so I did not really have many people to hang with outside.

11. Ammy175

If only I could give enough of a damn to do this.

12. DustyStarr

Set up extrinsic rewards? Like reward yourself for doing the first walk, then maybe for doing 5 days in a row, such.

13. Ammy175

First off:
    [​IMG]

Rewards don't seem to do much for me. Guess I just wanna be miserable forever. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

14. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Since I hate working out, I made watching anime n stuff my motivation, and only watch certain shows if I go to the gym, for example. Like I haaaaaate working out and some days just force myself to do it. But the first step is sticking on the shoes and going to do it. Lots of people say that it helps with depression because of the delicious endorphins. Some days I DO definitely feel like I'm in a good mood/motivated/etc after a good workout. It is hard work and I feel like fitness people make it look real easy. I definitely have muscle pain for a few days sometimes, but nothing is really easy.

In the end, what do ya got to lose by trying it?

15. Ammy175

I just don't like doing anything that is considered good for me. I could probably list off some bullshit as to why, but I don't think any of it is terribly pleasant.

16. Ammy175

I've probably said it before, but I'm gonna say it again: why can we make new posts in the Rules subforum?

17. DustyStarr

Foe when we wanna have our Bill Maher "New Rule" segments.

18. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

Because new things rule!... I guess... I dunno, kinda wanted to make some kind of pun, couldn't think of anything, didn't stop me from trying literally anything and then trying to make it funny in a metajoke sorta way by explaining that I have no joke.