The (New And Improved) Thread Of Silly-Randomness!

Discussion in 'Don't Panic! (Silly Discourse)' started by Terro, Oct 26, 2013.

1. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

Nice! Not sure how much $1000/week is where you are, but where I am that would be some incredible dough! Congrats!

2. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

Not going to lie, commission, $1000+ a week, and potentially upwards of 100k a year sounds suspiciously close to MLM. But hopefully it's not.

3. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure thats exactly what this is Chaos, is there something I should made aware of about it?

4. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

And kimbap. X3 Lotta kimbap.

Also congrats Anime, :3 what's the job?

5. AnimeGamer183

American Income Life Insurance Company, im slowly starting to figure out what its all about. Today was the first day, tomorrow training begins so we shall see how this goes.

6. papa box

papa box Member

First flag for MLMs is paying them to start, so are they asking for anything

7. AnimeGamer183

Yep they were, and I know for a fact that this absolutely is MLM and I am ceasing all affiliation with this job, so it ended up being a bust. Just glad I realized it sooner rather than later, they wanted me to be a pushy ass hole insurance agent which there is no way I can do that. They keep the new agents and the customers they deal with in the dark about whats really going on, the ACTUAL numbers etc. its total manipulation of everyone involved from top to bottom, the insane agent turn over rate (which they refused to give me a turn over number when I asked them at the interview, so that was the first red flag), you are technically 1099 independent contractor but you have a boss and managers above you so its hard to tell if you work for yourself or for them.

When you see the customers, in their own homes I might add, you give them a line about child safety kits (which are actually beneficial tbh), and you literally ask every single person to open the contacts in their phones and go through every contact from A-Z (you literally have to say that to them) with the justification that they can help other families get their children these kits so they are better protected (which that part is some what just in total honesty but still pushy and out of line) so you can get referrals AND try to recruit people into the company to work under your pyramid which you get a percentage of their sales.

You have to have 8 appointments on 4 different days of the week (thats 32 appointments a week btw), but only getting 3-4 sales all week is average and 7 or 8 is spectacular, thats a 3-7 out of 32 success rate of sales (but who are we kidding no one actually gets 32 appointments a week thats just what the company says you need to get but doesnt enforce anything when you dont, which really means the numbers are EVEN less then 3-7/32) and you start to get the picture of how much this company doesnt care about failures, but they dont tell you any of that the main focus they want for you is how much money you can make.

TBH the model works and doesnt need a good success rate to make money IF you are willing to throw your morals and dignity to the floor while the people in charge try to pound it into your head to just do exactly what they say and you will be successful, and I just cant do that, im too genuine and the casual nature when they are basically saying to go into peoples homes and lead them to the ends you want is kind of disturbing and disgusting.

Also what triggered me while reviewing the information is that I will be unable to help anyone who is not in "good health" I am not in good health and I have already almost died in the hospital before with no medical coverage and I am honestly a needy person myself. Just everything about this ended up being against all my past experience morals and good conscience.

Thank you @Chaosblade77 for tipping me off about MLM I would have wasted alot of time and resources on this. I feel bad because my friends wife is who introduced me to this but she is very new to the company as well but I am going to have to tell her later today im pulling out of this entire situation so we'll see how that all goes.

8. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

Life's going fairly well for once. I think I'm finally starting to take baby steps towards transitioning, for starters, and Twitch is going pretty well, too. I'm also almost kind of motivated to go to college (online, probably) and/or get a part time job.

9. DustyStarr

Baby steps, but still good for you! :3 What classes would you take?

Speaking of my classes in Korea have ended, and tomorrow I will be heading to the airport to go back home... I've been enjoying my time here so much, it went by so fast, I don't feel ready to go back yet. ;~;

10. Ammy175

I haven't gotten that far yet, haha. :p

11. DustyStarr

Can take something fun like beginning drawing or digital art, or a beginners music class. :3 Something more self fulfilling than academic. I kinda did that... but I took a math class at the start because to me that was fun so. X3

12. Ammy175

Yeah, I'd probably wanna take something that I'll have to take no matter what I end going majoring in.

13. AnimeGamer183

Death is seeming like a future I can live with 8D

14. Ammy175

[​IMG]

Got my first negative comment on YouTube today. Surprised it took this long.

15. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

Already? It feels like just yesterday that you left for there...

Glad to hear that everything's going well, Ammy!

16. AnimeGamer183

ugh stop going on twitch for only like an hour, I always miss you by like 15 minutes... and fuck them and their judgemental bs you sound fine.

17. Ammy175

Sorry, I typically go for at least 90 minutes, but lately, things just haven't been working out that way. Again, I apologize, and will try to do better.

And yeah, the comment doesn't really bother me; I'm just posting it for the lulz.

18. AnimeGamer183

*chuckles* orly? x3

No need to apologize, I suck at checking my email for twitch, its not like I have my gmail enabled to notify me every time I get email, jesus that would be hell, so I am lucky if I catch someone when I check my email or just log into twitch at random.

19. papa box

papa box Member

this flesh prison is killing me and i want to cut my own skin and fat off and break my skeleton to regrow taller and maybe break my nose a few times also im too brain damaged to be in therapy i got flagged for not making progress and am getting the boot from the first good free program ever and no one can get a actual disgnosis on me that doesnt change each eval and im probably gonna be a college drop out again with more student debt and either hop back to the Hell Relationship or live in my car regardless i want to die thankfully im getting there i just wish the nerve pain would stop

absolutely none of that stops me from shoving a phil knight into the toilet but im glad u are feelin good ammy u deserve it and animegamer i hope u get some peace too

20. papa box

papa box Member

im late 20s ans it shows, bad. its too late to start over (people in their 30s guffawing) no i mean i have made too many irreversible mistakes and have a fried raisin brain and i cant spell for shit hell i cant even read