The (New And Improved) Thread Of Silly-Randomness!

Discussion in 'Don't Panic! (Silly Discourse)' started by Terro, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

This January weather is bullshit.

Finally warms up for a couple days. Supposed to get some rain tomorrow... then a sudden 30 degree temperature drop so everything will be coated in ice.

2. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

We suddenly get rain... but because all of the fires there have been tons of mudslides. 17 dead, 40 some missing. :x

3. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

Melissa had her Doctors appointment on wednesday and she was told she has Multiple Sclerosis... they had to draw 24 vials for blood work and had to make 14 other appointments over the next month. Things have gotten extremely difficult over the past months with her symptoms rising and this condition changes alot including mood and memory in addition to the pain discomfort and numbness and other symptoms that may progress. Anyway I am forming a plan for her so we can go to all the appointments and take on this thing so hopefully she will not suffer too much from it, pains me so bad to see my love like this and I am struggling but also trying to stay strong during these difficult times. :(

4. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

I'm hoping that everything turns out alright, AnimeGamer!

I remembered that I had a dream about Uppers getting a localization announcement and I have no clue why.

AnimeGamer183 likes this.
  5. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

When it rains, it pours, on friday I got the letters in the mail from social security explaining that all my benefits and medical coverage will be ending in march after they completed a medical review. I need coverage to get my ostomy supplies which I absolutely have to have to live and with now having no income and no medical coverage, its just a very dire situation that I am not sure what exactly is going to come next for me. A couple people have offered to start a gofundme and take donations on their twitch channel for me and I told them I would get back to them, this is terribly serious im afraid and I am at a loss with all the recent bad news coming my way lately. Looks like 2018 is going to be very rough now, any thoughts or advice would be appreciated, thanks.

6. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

It's cold. I decided to supplement my heater with a fire. Got some of those composite fire logs. Only one side caught. So now I have a fancy candle that's going to burn for hours but generate a negligible amount of heat.

7. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

Ouch. Yeah, I'd seriously take them up on some kind of funding site option. That might not be a viable long-term option for you but your medical issues are clearly pretty expensive just from the posts I've read and not getting what you need is not a solution. There are some legal options you could pursue but honestly, that's a massive hornets' nest.

So I walked into a Gamestop for the first time in a long while and was surprised by some of the unconventional areas that were added (at least for the store I was at). There's a whole section for video game socks. I didn't know there was that much demand for socks. :p

8. DustyStarr

Gamestop and Think Geek are merging or something and some stores are required to half half think geek items now, or just a lot of them.

9. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

There's also Think Geek stores on their own. Not too bad actually, if you like random nerdy merch. The one mall in Seattle, Northgate had one (as well as a number of other nerd stores: Gamestop, Game Over Video Games, Pokemon Center kiosk, random anime store that prob sells bootlegs, and I think one other place).

10. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

Mildly annoyed by YouTube's new partner program requirements. Instead of just 10,000 views across your public videos, you now need 1,000 subs total and 4,000 hours of view time in the past year. I'm never gonna reach that. :/

11. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

C'mon we went over this before. You just need to make a Twitch channel and show off the goods. That's where the $$$ at.

Ammy175 likes this.
  12. DustyStarr

Ammy has a twitch channel... X3 Almost there.