The (New And Improved) Thread Of Silly-Randomness!

Discussion in 'Don't Panic! (Silly Discourse)' started by Terro, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Chelli

Chelli Active Member

I'm not sure what you're trying to do/write, but I can agree with this. If I get an idea for a story I usually think of the ending first, but once I start going back and filling in the ideas for earlier sections it's hard to make it so the ending fits well with what comes before.

2. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I'm struggling to stay awake on campus today... it's an ongoing battle and I hate it :( A few nights in a row of bad rest + an awesome cold on top of it, and I'm one big sleepy head :(

3. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

I hate that my whole school is getting sick again... it makes me even more apathetic towards doing work since I physically don't feel like doing it.

4. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I'm trying to get ahead with homework, but I'm super unproductive because my body craves sleep! Still 6 more hours of this... It'sluke torture and I'm currently in zmobie mode right now... I keep refreshing on forums but its been a sliw day so far.

5. KlausRealta

Why not try taking a nap or sleeping now and doing your homework at like 3AM?

6. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I'm not a late-night/early-morning person and it would mess up my sleep schedule further. I'm not easily adaptable with sleeping habits and my body is very picky about sleeping requirements. Lights? Noises? Stuff on my mind? Squished in pillow? Annoying blanket? My brain basically goes "screw you! You're not getting any sleep!" Thus it takes me forever due to insomnia, or I wake up ten times in one night... It stinks and sleep studies are not reliable either.

...I still have a class coming up too... Taking notes usually keeps my brain active, as is tying, which is why I'm still going.

7. KlausRealta

Do you usually get a lack of sleep from college?

8. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Well I do need to wake up ar 630 to go.. It's mainly a lack of sleep from a lack of sleep. It's tough, because I always want to stay up late at night. Those couple hours when I get home from school/work is the only free time I get :(

9. KlausRealta

That seems terrible :(
    Is it only a part-time job or full-time?

10. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Part-time but still work through most of the weekend using the morninv for homework and cleaning.
    Can't wait for a career so I only have ONE thing to worry about and will most likely have weekends off too, like everyone elsr I know...

11. KlausRealta

What do you plan on doing for a career?

12. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Marketing! Better than actually being the peon at the bottom forced to do the actual selling. No more retail with trying to get people to sign up for stupid cards for me! I'll be planning out the store itself, or promo stuff, or going to events, or whatever will indirectly make a product more attractive :p ...I wish XSEED wasn't located so far away :( That's a product I could make my own person thumbs up to and promote the crap out!

13. KlausRealta

That's cool! I'm pretty sure everyone's dream job here would be to work at XSEED.
    Personally, I can't wait until I do a part-time job (probably retail) in college... it's going to suck... but I kind of want one.

I'm thinking of majoring in either computer science or chemical engineering when I go to college, but since I go to a poor public high school (because we don't receive as much funding since we're not a failing school despite needing funds...) I feel as if those goals are kind of farfetched for me since we have no computer science classes and our chemistry lab doesn't have the best equipment...

I wish public schools in general would focus more on incorporating STEM into schools...

14. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

You can catch up in college/uni. Trust me, my school didn't have many great classes or provrams were either... They even rece tly rebuilt the thing about a year ago. Kind like how everytime I leave a job, THEN they install thr new fancy computers or whatevrr to upgrade :p

Mind the typos... Forum not phone friendly and I'm lazy...

15. KlausRealta

Well, that's good to know.
    Probably the year after I leave high school, then they decide to have everyone's textbooks on eReaders or iPads or something... I loathe dragging around textbooks, especially since I'm a very small person with no upper body strength whatsoever.

I rarely use my phone to go on the Internet, I usually am around my laptop and I find that phones are not user-friendly with many sites I need to go on... why do people like to use it so often for means other than texting?

16. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

Unfortunately, I'm stuck browsing the forums with my Vita. Which sucks, because the keyboard on this thing thing SUCKS. My laptop refuses to charge, although I did get it to charge a couple of days ago, so I don't know why I'm not using it...

17. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Ammy, is it on warranty still?

For phones, I treat them like portable internet browsers, mainly. My forums on the go! Make (some) classes go by faster too and helps me stay awake :)

18. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

Not sure, actually. But I don't know if it's my laptop. See, this happened to it before, and just replacing the cord did the trick. But now it's being annoying again, so my dad's looking into it.

...And when I say "looking into it", I mean I'll probably have to bug him a bit first before anything happens.

19. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

Tread carefully Terro, or you'll end up like me, passing out and having a seizure when your head hits the ground, needing stitches in your ear, and going even further into debt.

All because you didn't get enough sleep.

20. KlausRealta

Can you buy a new charger or battery for your laptop? Do you at least know the problem with it?

Unfortunately I can't, I don't care for my phone too much and I don't like the tiny screen. Although I can't deny that it is handy for searching up stuff quickly on the go!