The Hockey Thread

Discussion in 'Mostly Harmless (Serious Discussion)' started by UltraKyu, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Lumakochan

Lumakochan New Member

The 2nd was a bit of a snoozer, but I enjoyed the 3rd. Feel like the Sharks deserved a bit of a better fate tonight, but the score is what the score is

2. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

Pens win game 2 in OT to tie the series up. Another rather boring game, but the first period was fun. And, of course, Sid the kid scored the winning goal. Ugh.

3. Lumakochan

Lumakochan New Member

These quick overtimes keep finishing before I get back to the TV.

Pride of Nova Scotia scores after being invisible and falling on his behind at least 5 times this game

Let the media slobbering begin

4. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

I turned the radio off as quickly as possible to save myself from it.

5. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

Sharks tie up the series with a 4-0 win.

6. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

Lousy Pens win 4-2 and lead the series 2-1.

7. Lumakochan

Lumakochan New Member

Pretty bad game by the Lightning. Had speed in the 1st but gave up more chances, total meltdown in the 2nd, not much doing in the 3rd.

The broadcast was slurping all over Crosby for his one goal, while Kessel was and has been better than him

I imagine they're gonna ask Bishop if he's good to go after tonight

8. lail

lail Well-Known Member

Lightning has played 3 bad games now. They need to step up their game and soon. Next one is a must win for them.

9. lail

lail Well-Known Member

Toronto and Winnipeg fans must be happy, seeing that both Matthews and Laine are performing quite well in world championships. Most likely both have two more games left as USA and Finland won and advance to semi-finals.

10. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

Sharks blank the Blues to win game 3. The Blues seem to be falling apart.

11. Lumakochan

Lumakochan New Member

It feels dirty that I'm watching more Team USA highlights than Canada highlights because of Matthews factor :< Have you been watching the games?
    Hard for me to get hype for WHC otherwise since it's in playoff season and the top countries are all icing B teams

Yeah, dominating game from the Sharks. No complaints here. Also fun game to watch, few penalties and stoppages, fast pace. Hertl power

12. lail

lail Well-Known Member

Since the games are in afternoon or evening, if I can find a website to watch them I usually do. But on hype part I feel the same way, Sharks playoff run is more important. I realize most of the time I'm just watching the young guys, and I don't mean only this year's draft but players in their early 20s and under.
    I feel so bad I was dozing off most of the game as I couldn't get any sleep before the game, maybe an hour at max..

13. UltraKyu

UltraKyu Active Member

The Bolts won 4- over the Pens. Tampa blew a 4-0 lead, but managed to hang on. Wow, that third period actually had some life to it.

14. Lumakochan

Lumakochan New Member

I wish for a period where both teams are playing well, rather than all this one-sided stuff. Exciting finish to the game for sure, which was good because the garbage CBC commentators where talking about how the game was already over after the 2nd. They are so negative I don't think any casual fan would become interested in hockey.

I wonder if Fluery will be in net next game. He gave up some big rebounds but kept them in there. Similar to the Elliot situation, but I disagree with St. Louis going with Allen for game 4.

15. lail

lail Well-Known Member

That was the best Bolts for quite some time. But then again Pens were pretty meh the first two periods.. I'd say go with Murray, he has been solid throughout the playoffs.

As for Blues, it is over for them. Even if they beat Sharks, that will be three long series and they will be all worn out in the Finals. Easy win for Pens. Of course anything can happen, but they already look quite tired on games 2/3 vs Sharks.

16. Captain Falcon

Captain Falcon Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the rest of this series; it's gonna be nasty.

17. Lumakochan

Lumakochan New Member

Well that was like a repeat of last night

I feel like the West will win regardless, but maybe It's because I like those teams more :<
    Certainly they would be exhausted, but they have good depth
    Agreed, I think it will be close games.

Reimer in a playoff game only reminds me of

[​IMG]

18. Captain Falcon

Suck it Crosby.

19. Lumakochan

Lumakochan New Member

He was getting praised for plays he wasn't even a part of. Then Kunitz scores from Malkin and they're like, "Kunitz has been rejuvenated playing with Crosby"...

I think the Pens played better for most of this game, but at the end tried to turtle out the 3-2 lead and got punished. Kucherov showing up is a good sign for TB. That wrap-around was nice.

20. Captain Falcon

Didn't help that they bailed on Murray after one game that wasn't even particularly bad. Fluery has honestly never impressed me to begin with; he always had a team in front of him.