The Fantastic Happy Time Msd Bar

Discussion in 'Online Refugees' started by MainCharacter, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Captain Falcon

Captain Falcon Well-Known Member

Like I said, I absolutely relate to you on this one. It is easy to miss the timing on a conversation if you're not there right when it's going on. There's hits and misses.

Funny enough, apparently Discord servers don't actually purge anything, so you could technically go back and read anything, but scrolling through conversations that are even a little bit old is just a tad tedious.

I don't want to strong arm you into it if you really don't want to. As mentioned, it's a just a personal wish to be able to keep in contact. Also, for what it's worth, you don't necessarily need to join a server. Direct messages to other people works basically like an instant messenger. And I don't know if you have a smart phone, but the app makes it easy to pop it open fast for a quick check (unless you're a certain Narwhal that breaks everything).

Speaking of smart phones, it just makes me think: the prime of our little group here was early 2010s when I was in school. I didn't drive at the time, so I took the bus. That added a good amount of time to my days. If I had a smart phone back then, I could have had even more posts than I do, as I would have been able to post while riding the bus to and from school.

2. saldite

saldite Most Incrediblest

i've actually been having less problems since i started routing my phone traffic through my vpn tbh so i'm going to blame somebody else

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019 at 2:23 PM
  3. SilentThisSide199x

SilentThisSide199x Well-Known Member

I feel pretty good honestly

4. SilentThisSide199x

But I missed ffxiv on sale again and it’s double the price normally but oh well I feel like there’s one thing I want to buy that is hard to fit in now

5. Captain Falcon

This is the WORST town I've ever been in!

SilentThisSide199x likes this.
  6. SilentThisSide199x

7. MainCharacter

MainCharacter Goddess

Speaking of Final Fantasy, I think I want to play the VII remake, so I guess it's time to play video games again. It's been a long time since I've really cared about any game but I feel like I owe this to the me who cares long ago, ya know? Also I want to be Tifa's girlfriend.

Scyth likes this.
  8. Captain Falcon

Well, maybe you'll be allowed to play the whole thing eventually.

9. MainCharacter

MainCharacter Goddess

I'm not in any rush, personally.

If I'm going to be buying games, though, anything major from the last two to three years I should consider?

10. Captain Falcon

Do you have all the systems you used to?

11. SilentThisSide199x

Are you still into story games more than anything or like... have you also stepped into the degeneracy of obsessive tryharding and live in the sewers only rising to feed on mortals like I have?

12. SilentThisSide199x

also everyone in the FF7 remake is inexplicably hot

13. MainCharacter

MainCharacter Goddess

No, but I have the important ones, I suppose? In terms of modern though I only have a PS4.

I'm not into any games right now, so I guess the answer to both is no.

Final Fantasy characters are always hot but this may be the hottest they've been yet.
    I want Tifa to protect me by punching things.

Scyth and SilentThisSide199x like this.
  14. Scyth

Scyth Well-Known Member

I feel this.

I unfortunately can't help too much with console games, but I am aware of Bloodborne, The Last Guardian, and Persona 5 for the PS4. Which are the games I'd play, if I had a PS4.

[Edit] In unrelated news, I had a D&D session with friends last night and I thought it was pretty funny that people kept accidentally referring to my character as "her" and "she." I was talking to Yuri a week or so ago about how my character was for the first time male (my previous D&D characters have been female), so it's a little ironic that people are mistaking him for being female.

I was also out shopping last week and someone called me "ma'am" - it's not the first nor probably the last time - so apparently I can't escape it in real life either.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019 at 2:24 PM
  15. MainCharacter

MainCharacter Goddess

I actually have played Bloodborne. I think I talked with you about it, actually... or that may have been Dark Souls 3? That was around the time I was really losing interest in video games. I really didn't enjoy Dark Souls as a series much in retrospect. But yeah I guess I mean like the era of 2016-2019, those years where I was mostly out of it. Is there even a major difference between console games and PC games these days?

I guess I should play Persona 5 eventually. Aren't they doing a new version of it?

Do you like or dislike all of this?

16. Scyth

Scyth Well-Known Member

It might've have been Bloodborne, but it's been a while so I don't recall.

There are few differences, primarily being either you're Nintendo and you only exist on Nintendo hardware, you're a company like Atlus that rarely ever does a PC port, or you're a company that treats PC releases as "whenever we get to it." Most companies are pretty good about releasing simultaneously though, in my experience. Also all of these problems are largely with Japanese developers, for what it's worth.

I have no opinion of it. It doesn't bother me, I was just musing on it.

17. Captain Falcon

Considering most consoles are just shitty PCs at this point, not really. I'll tell you one thing: one of my favorite things about the Switch is that you can keep it in sleep mode, so you can go from not playing game to playing game in seconds.

I was asking about your systems mainly because I couldn't remember if you had a Wii U. I'm asking if you played Breath Of The Wild, basically.

18. MainCharacter

MainCharacter Goddess

Fair enough. I guess I was mostly thinking in terms of what games are available to play. Beyond visual novels and trying out a few MMOs back in my youth I've never had much interest in PC. Especially now I don't think it'd be worth it for me to invest anything into it.

Really, when I look at anything to do with the video games of today I feel mostly nothing. I feel like a lot of the medium has past me by and my era of caring about it was absolutely at it's height in the days of the PS2. Even during the PS3 I really had a hard time connecting to most things. I was never into online or competitive games and it seems like that's all there is now. I guess it figures the only game I really care about right now is Final Fantasy VII and casually seeing what Persona 5 has to offer.

Okay. Feel free to muse about whatever you want. It's all interesting to me.

Oh, right, honestly seeing the stuff about Breath of the Wild is part of what made me lose interest in video games these past few years. I haven't played it but I've looked into it and what I've seen is really disappointing to me. It's none of what I loved about Zelda games in the past and it's all been replaced with more big open world stuff I have no time for or interest in. It looks really boring to me.

Scyth likes this.
  19. SilentThisSide199x

Subahibi is a video game play it it has gay homophobia

20. MainCharacter

MainCharacter Goddess

I'll, uh, probably pass, thanks.

Scyth and SilentThisSide199x like this.