The Fantastic Happy Time Msd Bar

Discussion in 'Online Refugees' started by MainCharacter, Jul 21, 2010.

1. SilentThisSide199x

SilentThisSide199x Well-Known Member

Or rather what he may be wrong about regarding animals.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  2. SilentThisSide199x

lail, Klaus, Zam, Conker, Leon Takashi, Arvelon, Bloodstained(except all they said was Hi May 24th 2018 and not a single word again. I think they are still here and log in to Discord though.)

3. SilentThisSide199x

4. Captain Falcon

Captain Falcon Well-Known Member

5. SilentThisSide199x

I just want you to know I read that as an innuendo and it amuses me.

6. Captain Falcon

7. Scyth

Scyth Well-Known Member

Yuri an Luma are doing pretty well far as I can tell. Geop and House rarely show up so can't really speak about them.

Sheep covered the other people that are around.

8. MainCharacter

MainCharacter Goddess

Ah, that's a lot of people, oh my gosh! That's basically enough to where the olden days of this thread would be alive. Do you all, like, talk daily? Isn't discord mostly a voice chat thing for video games? I'll be honest I don't know too much about it. But I can't believe there's so many people still on there that aren't on here anymore. Tell them I said hello!

Well, yeah.

I suppose in the grand scheme of things, I'm not a bad person. Moreso on a day by day basis, I'm a bad person to know. Well, five years ago moreso than today. I try to keep things in check and I'm not quite so dramatic about it. But given I still push people away and can't seem to maintain relationships, I haven't gotten better in a lot of ways either. I sometimes think, in moments of better clarity, that it makes sense people don't like being around me. I'm either miserable, a mess, a bummer to be around... or things are going really well so I decide to sabotage it or get controlling and obsessive. I find a way to mess everything up every time. Though I guess that's not REALLY what I mean when I say I'm a bad person either, I have some very messed up thoughts and really crappy aspects to my personality, but I won't get into them. You all put up with me when I was younger, so imagine THAT mess but slightly older/evolved. Yeah.

The name CodeGeassGundam definitely sounded familiar but I could not for the life of me remember anything about them, what they did, or that I banned them, so I decided to search the forum for reference of them and I found a post of myself from almost six years ago talking about myself as a moderator and like... okay
    1. How was I this bad at talking?
    2. How the hell did nobody realize it was me immediately when I was this defensive of myself?

Scyth likes this.
  9. Captain Falcon

I mean, that is a function of Discord, but mostly it's just a chat program. I honestly don't remember the last time I jumped into the voice channel.

I still think you need a hug.

Yuri and Scyth like this.
  10. saldite

saldite Most Incrediblest

some more than others. i still have problems with shutting up but otherwise we chat pretty frequently. on the voice chatting part, it does have that, but only falcon, moon, and their friend they play overwatch with really use the voice part. the rest of us usually just text chat. i'm shy so i can't do voice chatting except for when i can.

Scyth likes this.
  11. SilentThisSide199x

[​IMG]

12. Scyth

Scyth Well-Known Member

What other people said. It's just a platform for communication, that happens to have some focus/integrations with games.

[Edit] Yuri says "hi".

I think some people did. I mean, I did much before this, I just never thought it was important enough to bring up. "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's" or something. It wasn't really my place to say anything, and I keep things to myself unless I think someone is causing someone else to have a bad time.

I don't mind voice chatting myself, I just don't have a reason to. Voice chatting requires more commitment to my time too, and usually I'm doing multiple things at once.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  13. SilentThisSide199x

Oh, I was the only stupid one.

Damn

Oh well, time to retreat to the sewers again

14. Yuri

Yuri Well-Known Member

Hi MC! I did check the forums daily when we initially transitioned to Discord in case you came back. After a while I just gave up, plus Tom left and he was a big reason why I joined in the first place.

I'm glad you're doing well. I don't know if you remember but you were my first friend on here!

I do frequent on another forum though because I roleplay. It's fun.

Scyth likes this.
  15. MainCharacter

MainCharacter Goddess

It would have gone a long way once.
    Though I'm still here, which by all accounts I shouldn't be, so in some ways I feel rather victorious.

Ah, I see. I really didn't know much about it, I just always heard it brought up in connection with people using it to play video games.

Either way it'll clearly never be as good as forums. Look at how good forums are, I can quote multiple posts at once, a conversation can be picked up a day later. Perfect, internet clearly got it right the first time and I am definitely not just old.

Oh, I mean, I first revealed it was me back in like... 2015? It was when this forum went from Marvelous USA to XSEED's new forum proper and this thread was originally hidden. We briefly went to a free forum and I talked about it there. That's all I remember, but based on other posts here, that would have been about 2015.

At the time there were definitely a lot of people who were shocked, but maybe they were just pretending.

Hello! I do have a terrible memory but of course I remember you. I'm glad you are doing well. I'm also glad to hear forum roleplay is still a thing somewhere on the internet. A few of us once tried to make that a thing here (well, "here" as in the original AO incarnation, probably in like 2010 or 2011) but it didn't stick for various reasons.

Scyth likes this.
  16. Scyth

Scyth Well-Known Member

You should try it at least. As someone that doesn't like lots of internet things, Discord functions pretty well on a technical and feature level.

17. saldite

saldite Most Incrediblest

every other day the mobile client breaks for me for like an hour and none of my servers connect

18. Scyth

Scyth Well-Known Member

That's your fault for using the mobile version.

I don't use the mobile version very much.

19. Yuri

Yuri Well-Known Member

That's all I ever use tbh and I don't experience that.

20. Captain Falcon

I use the mobile version fairly frequently and don't have problems.

I think the point is, git gud Narwhal.