The Fantastic Happy Time Msd Bar

Discussion in 'Online Refugees' started by MainCharacter, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Captain Falcon

Captain Falcon Well-Known Member

2. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

Let me out.

3. Scyth

Scyth Well-Known Member

Wake me up

Before you go-go.

4. SilentThisSide199x

SilentThisSide199x Well-Known Member

Should I stay or should I go-go?

5. Ammy175

Is there like a video tutorial for installing Windows 10 on a freshly built PC (i.e., one with no OS on it)? Cuz I'm gonna buy my computer parts today, meaning they'll be in next week.

6. saldite

saldite Most Incrediblest

WAKE ME U-
    god fucking damnit scyth

i mean there are, but it's basically:
    1. Boot into Windows 10 Disc/USB in BIOS
    2. Next your way through (NOTE: If you have an SSD and an HDD, make sure you select the SSD to install onto. If you only have one disk in general, you'll only see one disk, so select that. I'm assuming you're using a fresh SSD and not one that was already used and might have things you don't want deleted on it. Also DON'T DO EXPRESS SETTINGS IF YOU CARE ABOUT PRIVACY OPTIONS. There'll be an option to customize them in the corner.)

Alternatively: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/77pjvf/the_correct_way_to_install_windows_10/ (just ignore the extra shit after the install if you don't care about it)

this guy also has a video. i didn't watch all of it but it seemed pretty okay from the bits i skipped through: i wouldn't follow his shit exactly for the drivers part since your drivers will be different. also it takes him like half of the video before he talks about installing windows itself.
    3. After win10 is installed, make sure to install any additional drivers (i.e. GPU, wireless network cards, whatever else you need). These can be found on your mobo manufacturer's website. Likewise for GPU drivers. Also Windows 10 will usually auto-install drivers for it finds so for misc things you should be fine. If you're wondering if you're missing drivers, you can go into Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any unknown devices to see what drivers you might be missing.
    4. note: at some point in the install, you're going to be asked to put in a key for w/e version of windows you have. i'm assuming you're doing this legit and not pirating your windows, but if you are, there are a lot more steps to this shit after you install. well not a lot, but you need to be careful you don't accidentally russian spyware.

Scyth likes this.
  7. saldite

ALSO ALSO

windows 10 is fucking stupid but it includes both a settings panel and the control panel (the latter you have to search for). I find windows 10's settings panel is fucking garbage to work through and unintuitive as fuck so i usually stick with the latter for configuring, but to configure all options in the system you will need to use both. i mention this in case you open the settings thinking it's the control panel only to find out it's not.

Scyth likes this.
  8. saldite

ALSO ALSO ALSO

while it probably wont be a big deal for you, some options in win10 can't be turned off on home versions if you're looking for that ultimate paranoia tweak. at this point, i dont' really bother with that stuff, but i'm mentioning it anyway.

Scyth likes this.
  9. saldite

ALSO ALSO ALSO ALSO

i'd recommend predownloading your drivers and any software you want to install beforehand on a usb stick. it'll just make your live easier since once you have win10 installed, you can just plug it in, install your shit, and go. again, drivers can be gotten on your mobo manufacturer's page, gpu drivers should be gotten from nvidia or amd's pages. https://ninite.com/ is a nice little thing if you want to make a quick installer for a bunch of general usage applications.

Scyth likes this.
  10. Ammy175

Wow, thanks! Parts should be in on Monday, so I'll have to remember this come then.

11. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

What build did you end up going with?

12. Ammy175

I ended up not changing anything.

13. MainCharacter

MainCharacter Goddess

Ten years is an incredibly long amount of time in my opinion.

saldite and Scyth like this.
  14. SilentThisSide199x

I have literally zero idea tbh. I feel like I’ll blink and it’ll be 2030.

15. AnimeGamer183

Hope you enjoy it man, so are we playing Phantasy Star Online 2 when it come out or what? x3

Wow, yeah, same.

16. saldite

on a personal level, it sure is.

i thought pso2 was already out for a while now. i remember seeing some screens and cutscenes, but it absolutely looked like not my aesthetic at all. like tonally, compared to the original pso2, it just looked completely different in overall art direction, etc. i got similar vibes from psu games, as well. i think the only post pso game i've liked was psZero tbh.

semi-related: when i started a playthrough recently of the og game, though, it really dawned on me how technologically advanced the original master system game was compared to nes RPGs at the time. the whole game looks like it came out early 90s and it's the same year the first final fantasy released.

Scyth likes this.
  17. SilentThisSide199x

It was out with an extremely and still updated and will still be updated English patch in JP.

A lot of people don’t trust Sega of America with the NA PSO2 coming out but it’s just dumb paranoia by this point. Cheaper premium currency and more obtainable-by-gaikojin items and less lag meaning all advanced tech becomes possible is very appealing to me, personally. I hope the content is only an Episode or two behind at most.

18. SilentThisSide199x

I think I still really like the story to the game, I miss those times, though I wasn’t particularly good at the game, I do know how to do better now though.

It’s worth a second look because JP PSO2 is on Episode 6 and the content *seriously* varies wildly. @saldite

19. AnimeGamer183

im just glad its coming out finally. I actually retired from MMO's but my nostalgia is so strong from the Dreamcast days, im playing PSo2 god damn it! x3

SilentThisSide199x likes this.
  20. SilentThisSide199x

Yeah, it’ll be really fun.