The Fantastic Happy Time Msd Bar

Discussion in 'Online Refugees' started by MainCharacter, Jul 21, 2010.

1. saldite

saldite Most Incrediblest

urobuchi is one of those dudes who i thought did a lot more than he actually did and then when i actually googled a list of the things he was mostly responsible for i only found myself actually liking like one or two things and thinking the rest were just mediocre at best. i also tend to think he doesn't go dark enough and that his nickname of urobutcher isn't as well earned as it could be but maybe i'm too extreme and coming in with expectations hoping to meet how people hype him up. Fate/Zero is probably the only thing he's done that i've been 100% on board with liking all the way.

Yuri likes this.
  2. Yuri

Yuri Well-Known Member

This friend of mine wants to watch Houseki no Kuni with me but they kept talking over everything in episode 1 and kept asking me stuff that wasn't related to the anime at all! I missed so much of what happened in the first episode. I love voice chatting while watching stuff but if you're going to make conversation about something I have to think about and the anime is subbed.... ehh. I keep trying to suggest some other shows I care less about but they keep going back to gem girls HELP

saldite and Scyth like this.
  3. Scyth

Scyth Well-Known Member

But Saya no Uta though.

Just tell them you're having a hard time focusing on the show itself and that they should cut the chatter a bit so you can understand what's going on. I mean, what's the point of watching a show together if you can't even watch the show?

AmericanPsycho and saldite like this.
  4. saldite

i was like 76% on board for that. it's alright. i don't dislike it.

5. Yuri

Yuri Well-Known Member

or at least talk about the show in question

Scyth likes this.
  6. Zambatoh

Zambatoh Statistical Impossibility

7. AmericanPsycho

AmericanPsycho Well-Known Member

8. Zambatoh

Zambatoh Statistical Impossibility

This is me...everyday.
    [​IMG]

SilentThisSide199x likes this.
  9. SilentThisSide199x

SilentThisSide199x Well-Known Member

10. SilentThisSide199x

also happy MLK day

I only learned of Emmett Till the other day when watching dave chappelle's netflix special and I have not fully realized how unaware of the world I am. Though the amount of things that had to happen to get to where we are in the world isn't something to take for granted, though more needs to be done.

Zambatoh likes this.
  11. Arvelon

Arvelon Active Member

I had a feeling, that most of it's faults were from VN, no?
    Because I asked some fatefags if couple of moments were really THAT stupid. And they were.

And about Gen. F/Z, Meguka, Saya, Psychopass and Thunderbolt were good with me. Only interesting thing by Nasu was KnK for me.

Should I join if I'm not into Atlus stuff?
    Edit: Oh. Ok. Not too much people there. Not too much additional info for getting into head.

12. SilentThisSide199x

It's just a discord group for this thread, that's the old name for what it is.

13. Arvelon

Arvelon Active Member

Yeah, I just was hesitant when I saw logo (=

14. SilentThisSide199x

I'm surprised AP was able to find that logo

Scyth likes this.
  15. Luma

Luma Well-Known Member

Not much point to watch together if talking about other stuff if it's online, true

16. moonchow

moonchow Well-Known Member

Aw man, Monday. Another week. Not in Japan having fun anymore. Way too many responsibilities. I really need a pick me up.
    [​IMG]

My brother said something similar, but either way my opinion is the same on the anime. (I'd still like to give the vn a proper reading one of these days)

And damn, I cannot believe I forgot about Thunderbolt! I absolutely love that show! So much fun. Honestly, there are very few things that kept me so thoroughly entertained from start to finish. Like, I would have a dumbass childish grin pretty much from start to to finish. (That's how I can tell something is good.) That story and like everything about the show should be cliche and cheesey, but it just works. I think that it's such a love letter to all those old Wushu movies I liked watching that does it for me. It knows how campy the material is and goes all in. I appreciate that. It's also amazing how much character and emotion they can get out of puppets.

17. AmericanPsycho

I actually yoinked it from that ancient Atlus Online F&G Steam group no one remembers

Scyth and SilentThisSide199x like this.
  18. AmericanPsycho

Shit they were right I killed the forum

Scyth likes this.
  19. saldite

they warned u bro they told u about the discord

20. Scyth

Scyth Well-Known Member

I said this a long while ago, but I vastly would prefer having used Discord or something similar for a while now. The only reason I continued to use the forums in any capacity rather than suggest anything else was because this was the one place MSD existed on. Which is kinda moot now, but at the very least I'll continue to use the forums in case of MSD's return.

I will say, I briefly entertained the idea of making a bot that would sync up at least the general text chat of the Discord with the forums. So it'd post any messages on the Discord on the forums, and vice-versa. It'd be a neat experiment at the very least, although I don't know how viable it would be.

Yuri likes this.