Thanks For Making My Vita Useful

Discussion in 'I <3 XSEED' started by Clessy, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

Wipeout 2048 is a great game. I'm disappointed more of you haven't played it. Proud of Tom though.

If only it were 60 FPS, it might be as good as HD/Fury. Speaking of which the entirety of HD/Fury is DLC for 2048 and if you own it on PS3 it's free on Vita.

2. BenoitRen

BenoitRen Member

I do. The mainstream doesn't want home console gaming on the go, and hence aren't interested in PlayStation portable consoles. Bite-sized gaming is why the DS line was successful, and the 3DS does its best to repeat that success.

Meanwhile, niche games have a market on the PS Vita thanks to the output that the Japanese developers generate and that companies like XSEED localise.

Also, how do you expect Western developers to jump on the bandwagon when Sony barely makes quality games for the system? They've treated it like an afterthought from the beginning.

Not like the PS Vita ever got much shelf space to start with, either.
    It wasn't like that when the PlayStation Vita came out, though. But I suspect the successful exploiting of the PSP mode changed that.
    I would have liked it to support multiple accounts like the PS3.
    But... Plasma is fixed-pixel like LCD...

3. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

That's only one problem with LCD among many - poor color reproduction and contrast, blurry in motion, slow response times, etc. Are any potential display technologies that aren't fixed-pixel? That's one reason CRT is still the best.

4. FirionHope

FirionHope New Member

Wut?

5. BenoitRen

BenoitRen Member

Yes, but a pretty significant one to me, because it means anything that doesn't adhere to the native display resolution has to be scaled.

I effing hate scaling. What idiot thought it was a great idea to make two flavours of HD? Now we have consoles that render and output at 720p (HD Ready), while all current HDTVs are 1080p (Full HD). Scaling doesn't only look bad (though the lack of quality varies), it also creates even more input lag than digital processing already does on its own.
    Wut indeed. That's a nasty typo of mine. Obviously I meant that I would have liked the PSP to have multiple accounts.

6. FirionHope

FirionHope New Member

Ah yeah I'd also like that :p

7. Kresnik258

Kresnik258 New Member

Might as well post this here, but yeah. I've loved XSEED for a while for bringing across many games I've really enjoyed (ranging from Wild ARMs to Ys to Pandora's Tower) but seeing them providing such strong support for my favourite console at the moment by far is just another reason for me to heap on the praise.

The comment about doing "quite well" with Vita releases is lovely to hear too. I can understand why certain publishers shy away from it, but again it's nice to see dedicated support rewarded.

I'll keep doing my part as long as the great games keep coming. In a roundabout way, of course, from Europe ;)