Thank You For Doing A Right Exchange

Discussion in 'I <3 XSEED' started by JoniCroni, Sep 30, 2014.

1. JoniCroni

JoniCroni New Member

In short: what the title says. I don't know if it happens too in PSN, XBLA... but at least it does in Steam, thank you for it.

As you know probably know, games prices are always 1$ = 1&euro;. So what if a game costs 70 dollars in NA? It costs 70 euros in Europe. And that's 90 dollars. Imagine if it's a special edition. Games are very expensive, and it's even more in Europe. That's one of the reasons I have to resort to PC and its deals, to be honest. I don't really know how some people can keep buying special editions month after month, are they rich or something?

But from my experience, XSEED doesn't do that for PC games. For example, Trails is 20 dollars but 16&euro; if you live in Europe. So what can I say? Thank you for giving us a fair price. I can afford buying your games the first day and properly support your releases.

2. Clessy

Clessy Member

Yeah its a novality that only happens with PC games. Frankly though I cant complain. The only reason prices are lower on everything in America is because we offset the loses by chraging European countries more.

3. BenoitRen

BenoitRen Member

No, prices are lower in America because you people make less money and as a result have less disposable income. It's all about economics. I wish people would understand that before they complain about higher European prices.

4. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

What are some of the minimum wages over there, anyways? I hear about Australia being jealous over NA game prices, but I hear they start at around $10+ >_>

5. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

Also, I believe that Europe has higher taxes than most of America and more state-subsidized stuff, which means a greater percentage of net income can be spent on luxuries and non-essentials (though in practice this does kinda lead to price inflation in some cases, as we see here).

In any case, so many factors. All of the factors, in fact. Economy is complicated and I want it to go away have everything work on a barter system. Yes, I know that is technically also economy. Shut up.

6. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

That VAT thing (not sure if just for UK?) also means that the taxes are included in the Euros as well? So you get what you pay for, but often for us it's about $5 more (give or take the tax amount).

7. Raikyn

Raikyn New Member

Minimum wage in my country is 9.53&euro; ($12).

Well i don't know why games cost more here than NA so i won't complain (as long as vg+ ship with those same prices :p ) but there is a conversion that bothers me for a while now....
    1&pound;=1$ :-D

8. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

That's actually REALLY good, considering. Flipping things around, in most parts of NA, minimum wage is around $8 (sometimes even less, depending) and putting it into perspective, would be around 6.31&euro; for us. Makes it understandable why they are more over there.

9. Raikyn

Raikyn New Member

The minimum wage may be good but with this salary, in France, life is hard and you're counting every penny at the end of the month... Everything is more expensive (food, electronics, rent...).

10. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

But that's to be expected in many cases: The more the minimum wage, the more expensive things are. Well, location is a big factor as well. I live in one of THE most expensive regions to live in the country. We could definitely use a minimum wage raise in this area... But it's weird because the price of living is high, but everything else is cheap. In places in Canada (like BC) living wages and house costs are pretty cheap in some areas, minimum wage I believe has gone up, but things in stores are a bit higher compared to here. So it's either: cheap housing, higher products, or higher housing, cheaper products. :/

...I've rambled enough :x

11. Raikyn

Raikyn New Member

You live in the US ?

12. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I do now, but I grew up with Canadian prices, which were always a little higher. Housing though? For a tiny piece of land and a rather small house here, compared to the same value up there? Holy crap there's a difference >_> At the same time, you could go to the US MidWest and get houses for dirt cheap AND lower priced products.... buuuut there's always that whole natural disaster season to worry about :x

I mean, location, location, location. I'm in the center of the tech world where housing is laughably expensive, but only applies to people that HAVE those good jobs. Plenty of minimum workers here, and double that with expensive living, creating not much extra monies for luxuries such as games.

13. ceruleanstars

ceruleanstars New Member

My mother moved from California to another state because she'd heard the cost of living was cheaper there (food, gas prices, etc)... but then it also turned out that wages were lower and she got paid less to work at the exact same jobs she worked in California, so it wasn't really any better of a deal in the end.

(OTOH it also depends where you go in California. Housing prices were ludicrously high during the tech-jobs boom, but that's actually starting to die away in Silicon Valley, which used to have the second most expensive housing in the Bay Area after San Francisco. The housing prices in Fresno are more like the Midwest, but that's because almost no one wants to live in Fresno.)

14. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

^ Bay Area housing is stilk a lot. An infamous real estate property came up recently. A torn up crappy house and small lot for 1.8 million... Yeah look it up, it's gross! Add the cost of demolishing and rebuilding, all because it's located in Palo Alto :/