Sumioni Demon Arts

Discussion in 'Sumioni: Demon Arts' started by SquatDingloid, Oct 15, 2014.

1. SquatDingloid

SquatDingloid New Member

who's pumped about it

2. SquatDingloid

SquatDingloid New Member

this girl right here, me, i'm pumped about it

please discuss sumioni demon arts, goty 2012

3. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I didn't bother getting the true ending... It was fun till the credits, but I HATE unlocking levels by doing specific things :/

4. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

Is it bad that part of me wants to get this game?

i.e., exactly how bad is Sumioni?

5. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I got it when it was like $2 or whatever on sale. I had fun for like ten mins and arouns then, wasnt sure why Shiz hated it so much. But yeah since its "short" and how it would take work to do the rest, I was done. You keep repeating the same levels until you do the special thing to unlock the next chain.

6. Legion1X

Legion1X Member

I tried playing through this a few months back... and i hate not completing games so I put in some effort.. but damn, the game is just too hard for me... I got the first (I think) 4 endings.. but I just did not have the skill to beat the other ones....

It's not a bad game... clearly it was low budget though.. all of the story is just screens of text, no movement, voice acting, etc... and there's really only a few small differences in the stages... but it as still fun enough... just, too difficult for me

I'd have been unhappy with it if it were a full price title, but as a budget release it's not too bad

7. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

If the game was just a continuous platformer, I honestly would've enjoyed it a lot more.

8. SquatDingloid

SquatDingloid New Member

sumioni demon arts is when my safe hiding space is taken from me by attractive college lesbian couple

whats your sumioni demon arts?

9. ceruleanstars

ceruleanstars New Member

What exactly is this game about, anyway? I've heard some people saying it's bad, some saying it's mediocre but entertaining, but... what are the play mechanics exactly? All I know is it involves a lot of use of the touchscreen.

10. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Sidescroller where you use the touch to paint new platforms on the screen. Kinda like Yoshi's Touch-and-Go.

11. Legion1X

Legion1X Member

Yea, it's a 2d sidescroller where you control an ink demon with a sword, you can "paint" ink on the front touch screen that the demon can then jump on to, you also can summon a couple of helpers by drawing a pattern on the screen. You use the rear touch screen to rub it to fill the ink meter back up

All the stages are quite short, and pretty much look and play the same, and at the end you fight a boss... There are (from memory) 6 endings, and to get the better ones you need to look at the level map and get a high score/rank on a certain level to drop down a line to then be on a more difficult path... Kind of hard to explain but hopefully it makes sense

level - level - level - level - boss 1
    --------------- level - level - boss 2
    ----------------------- level - boss 3

kind of like that.... so with the above, you'd need to do well on the second level to drop down... or do average to continue along the line to defeat the easiest boss

hope that helps!

12. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

One other thing worth noting is that the game has three different types of stages: regular proceed-to-the-boss stages, timed survival stages, and "you're being pursued by a giant, and if you don't outrun it successfully, you're dead" stages.

I like the game a lot, personally, though it is exceedingly short -- most people will have it beaten with at least one ending in less than an hour, and you can theoretically attain every ending and basically 100% the game in less than 3 hours if you're a skilled gamer. For most people, I think the absolute ceiling is 5-7 hours -- you won't be able to squeeze much more out of it than that.

It's a pretty fun 5-7 hours, though.

-Tom