So when are the PS4 versions actually going to release?

Discussion in 'The Legend of Heroes Series' started by nivora, Jan 7, 2019.

1. nivora

nivora Active Member

I have to say i am quite disappointed in the lack of communications regarding the release dates of these two games.

2. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

Doesnt look likes going to hit the January release date. Even the posts on the official XSEED Trails FB page just say a generic "early 2019" time window. Feb. 12th could very well be the day, to get out of Vesperia and KH IIIs way. Although Anthem is just a few days later, idk.

3. nivora

nivora Active Member

4. AnimeGamer183

I asked this question on the official XSEED Trails FB and they said the dates seen on Amazon and retailer sites are just place holder dates, and XSEED hasnt announced official dates yet but will let everyone know when they know. Ugh...

5. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

So, we're getting the first one on PS4 on March 26th, huh? Later than I thought, but you'd think I'd feel more patient since this is a game I've played multiple times already. (Xseed retweeted this article, so I'm assuming it must be true.)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  6. AnimeGamer183

So exactly a month from now. i also found it curious now regular physical edition, just the steel book ones.

7. alena

alena Administrator Staff Member

Hi!!! You probably already saw but as was stated earlier in the thread, the official release date for Trails Cold Steel (PS4) is March 26th. There's still no firm date for Cold Steel II and like all of our games, retailers will be using placeholder dates, so take their dates with a grain of salt until you see it come from our official channels. Also, if you haven't seen we teased a cute little comic that will be in the CS manual, take a look: https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/1095774676444434433

Cold_Steel_IV likes this.
  8. Tsukoblue

Tsukoblue Member

Why was Cold Steel II PS4 pushed back to May?

I was looking forward to getting both of the games on 3/26

9. alena

alena Administrator Staff Member

Hello there, we haven't officially announced a release date for Trails of Cold Steel II just yet. Until you see an official announcement from XSEED, retailers will use placeholder dates. I know it can get confusing when retailers change and push back dates but it's best to follow the source. That goes for pretty much all of our games. Hopefully, Cold Steel will tide you over, thank you for supporting!

10. Tsukoblue

Tsukoblue Member

Ok

11. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Done with Decisive. (It goes really fast when you've already platinum-ed the game and have nothing left to collect or any need to fight since you've already hit the level cap.) Even though I remember how the game ends, I forgot how exciting it was. Now I'm all itchy for Relentless, lol, especially with not knowing the date for it. But since Xseed seems to like to announce their release dates exactly a month ahead (or that's how it worked with ToCS Decisive and Trio of Towns, iirc) I guess the game is must be at least a month away. *siiiiiigh* I should have held off on completing that ending. It winds me up too much, lol.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  12. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Look on the bright side, it's still going to be less than the year everyone had to wait between games when they first came out and nobody knew what was happening next after that ending. xD

Kikki and Cold_Steel_IV like this.
  13. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

I can only imagine! I kept seeing the first Cold Steel game all the time on Amazon, as it continually recommended it to me based on my purchase history, but I knew nothing about it so didn't commit to buying it for quite a while. It was a whim, but I liked the look of it. So I bought it...and it was only about a month before the second game was released. So I didn't have to wait that horrible year. :)

Though I've heard (only vaguely...I've managed to avoid almost all CS III info) that CS III ends on a cliffhanger, too, so I suppose if that's actually true, then I may have the chance to be tortured for a year or so or like everybody else while waiting on CS IV. Oh, goodie...

14. Cold_Steel_IV

Cold_Steel_IV Member

On the even brighter bright side though, you still probably won't have to the 4+ years between FC and SC! :D

Kikki likes this.
  15. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Wouldn't that just be faboo. :confused: I've been spoiled. I only played FC and SC after playing CS I and II, so I had no wait there, either. The gap between CS III and IV (assuming IV is getting localized too, of course, though that hasn't been announced yet, that I know of) will be my first time having to wait a really long time between Trails games. Though I suppose waiting on CS III has actually been a long time, but I didn't find that particularly torturous, as the end of II just didn't put my emotions in a crunch the same way as the first one did.

16. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

You're not a real Trails fan until you've had to suffer at least a year - preferably several - waiting for a cliffhanger to resolve!

(I kid, of course, but for real, I'm weirdly excited for you and other fans who got into the series close to CS2's English release to get a taste of the good ol' Kiseki Cliffhanger Panic. It's a surprisingly fun experience on a fandom level.)

Cold_Steel_IV and Kikki like this.
  17. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Ha ha...thanks? In a way I'd say that's kind of sweet of you. :) Though it sounds like hell, tbh. Lol :) Actually, I don't think I have EVER waited on a cliffhanger in a game, before. My favourite series are ones like Legend of Zelda and Xenoblade where each game mostly or completely stands alone. When I finished CS II, I felt vaguely concerned about Rean. Not for any specific reason, just...the mood felt weird, like foreshadowing. But it was so vague it couldn't really get me worked up. If CS III ends on a cliffhanger, I'll probably just burst into bits, or some other dramatic display of my inability to cope with not knowing what happens next.

18. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

19. Cold_Steel_IV

Cold_Steel_IV Member

Yup. It releases in the US on June 4th and on June 7th in the EU.

20. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Those Sept-Terrion cards are a new addition. But they're beautiful! I love art-deco, and there's a definitely a little of that going on with those cards. Now I just have to decide how to display them.