So Awesome

Discussion in 'Corpse Party Series' started by Clessy, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Clessy

Clessy Member

Just wanted to say I picked up the new corse party for only $35 brand new. $5 off for my best buy reward points and then 20% off all new games for being a Best Buy gamers club member.

If you dont have the best buy gamers club card you're really missing out. It makes best buy the absolute cheapest place to buy anything new. 20% off all new games.

Never played any games in this series so heres looking forward to that.

2. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

Apparently Blood Drive spoils the other 2 games, and might leave you confused if you haven't played them? Haven't gotten Blood Drive yet, but I think Tom made a post or two about that being the case.

3. Clessy

Clessy Member

Well eff should I hold off? Are any of the other games one the vita or physical releases at all?

4. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure you can download the other 2 on a Vita. If you want physical, though... Well, I hope your Japanese is good, since importing's your only option there, I believe.

5. JackkelDragon

JackkelDragon New Member

Corpse Party (AKA Corpse Party: BloodCovered...Repeated Fear) and Corpse Party: Book of Shadows are PSP games, but can be played on the PS Vita. The NA versions are only avilable as digital downloads. (There is also the English version of BR on the iOS app store, also digital-only.)

While Tom from XSEED has mentioned that it's possible to sort of get caught up from just playing Blood Drive, it's definitely not the intended way to get into the game. Blood Drive is a direct sequel to BR and BoS, and if you haven't played them you'll miss a lot of the backstory because it gets skimmed over in BD. BD also spoils what happens in those games (some events of which are meant to be surprising at the time), so you really, really want to play them all and play them in order.

For reference on how lost you can get without playing the previous games, there have been things set up in various untranslated Corpse Party media (such as the manga, novels, and drama CDs) that are followed up in Blood Drive, and I've seen a lot of people dismiss these elements as being "Blood Drive ruined Corpse Party" when some of these characters and plot points have been around for years in Japan. My point: Unless you don't have the money/time to do so, you want to play BR and BoS before playing Blood Drive, because you might get lost anyway.

6. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

As Ammy said, Blood Drive is definitely not meant to be played until you've completed Corpse Party and Corpse Party: Book of Shadows (both of which I personally consider to be better games anyway). Neither title is available physically in English, but both are available digitally via PSN for PSP, and both of those PSP download versions are fully compatible with Vita and PSTV (though if you play on PSTV, make sure you have a good sound system, because the 3D audio in these games is one of their premier selling points!).

-Tom

7. Clessy

Clessy Member

Yeah well I started it and just playing threw the beginning im sure has ruined the end of both the original 2 games.

I mean if you wanna buy me the original 2 games and send me redemption codes for them I wont turn you down.

Xseed is already getting way to much of my money this weekend. Gonna be at around $100+ :p