Shinovi Versus: Frequently Asked Questions

Discussion in 'Senran Kagura Series' started by Wyrdwad, May 11, 2014.

1. PureRok

PureRok New Member

Is the PSN version being released on the same day as the physical version? I ask because some games get released digitally a week or two before the physical version.

2. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

Little late in responding, but... yes! October 14th for North America, October 15th for Europe (through Marvelous Europe).

We always do same day, and this is no exception. Digital and physical will be released on October 14th.

-Tom

3. Bebopblue

Bebopblue New Member

The Playstation TV comes out the same day, will SV be compatable with it? I know it's already compatable in Japan.

4. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

Nope, the US (and presumably European) version of Shinovi Versus will not be compatible with Playstation TV.

5. FlatSnark

FlatSnark New Member

How many discs will the soundtrack that comes with the physical edition be? 39 tracks is a lot for 1 disc.

6. Wyrdwad

No, it may be -- I just don't think anyone can say yet. The Japanese game is compatible with Vita TV, so theoretically the English version will be too... but until PSTV is released, it's impossible to say. We've received very little information about it thus far.

It's only one disc -- each track is about 2 minutes long, give or take, with the total playtime being just shy of 80 minutes.

-Tom

7. FirionHope

FirionHope New Member

Just wanted to say a few of these questions got answered here in the comments http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/09/19/senran-kagura-shinovi-versus-hits-ps-vita-on-october-14th/ might be worth updating the OP when it's thought of.

8. flarecde

flarecde Member

Is there a recommended order to play the schools in?

9. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

Not really, but I would go for Hanzo > Gessen > Hebijo > Homura's Crimson Corp.

10. Lolitatan

Lolitatan New Member

Are the patches that were released for the japanese included or will they be included later when you start the dlc up?

11. Wyrdwad

Fairly certain they're included from the get-go.

-Tom

12. Romangelo

Romangelo New Member

How to turn off subtitles in battle?

13. LastCardKey

LastCardKey New Member

One of the loading screens indicates that you may get a reward for using a character a certain number of times. I've used Asuka 104 times, and nothing changed. Just the progress bar extending from 100 to 200. So, three questions here -
    What's the reward?
    How many times do you have to use a character?
    Do the ad-hoc and multiplayer modes add to the usage counter?

14. grgspunk

grgspunk New Member

Do you guys intend to bring all the DLC available in the Japanese PSN store? Are there any that might not make it here for any reason?

15. Wyrdwad

Pretty sure it's all coming, sooner or later. There's a LOT, though, so it might be a while yet before it's all out!

-Tom

16. JackkelDragon

JackkelDragon New Member

I'm curious about this as well. As far as I can tell, the only difference in the record screen so far is that, if you open it with a character that's in the top most used, then you get a different voice clip when entering the use records. (For instance, a character in 20th place will note they need to get better while someone in 1st place will be happy about that.)

I do know the answer for the last question, though: Multiplayer has no effect on the use records. I specifically played a few multiplayer matches with a character and checked the records before and after, and there was no change. So it has to be in singleplayer missions.

17. Argroh

Argroh New Member

ah, I have to ask, can unlockable outfits and accessories able to be carried over to Bon Apetit and vice-versa?

18. siriuscrux

siriuscrux New Member

DLC Question:

I see that you plan on bringing over ALL of the DLC content for SK:SV. When referencing the JP DLC release log (which you have been pretty faithful to) it appears as though there was a ribbon costume in the costume pack 5 release. On the PSN store for this week, costume pack 5 was released but without the ribbon costume. Are you still planning on bringing this one over?

19. kazuki20

kazuki20 New Member

Hey Xseed admin, i wanted to know if you guys know when there will be a patch for the senran kagura DLC to fix the bug problem that causes some DLC to crash the game.

20. Wyrdwad

I believe there is no true answer to this question -- the devs are being quiet about it, and we don't know what this loading screen refers to either. I suspect it's just a troll. ;)

Unlockable outfits and accessories carry over from Shinovi Versus to Bon Appetit, but NOT vice versa. Bon Appetit DLC is for Bon Appetit only.

I'll have to check on this and get back to you. Drop me a line if I forget! ;)

This should've been fixed for about a week now. If you re-download and re-install the affected DLC items, your DLC should no longer crash the game.

-Tom