Shameless virtue signaling "I bought the game" post for less shameless reasons

Discussion in 'Xanadu Next' started by Ghaleon, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

I was slack in buying this game even though I love Falcom games and love Xseed's work on them for several reasons:

1: I actually had access to it in english it via a fan-translation before xseed even released it.
    2: 2017 was/is the greatest year ever for killer game releases I must play contrary to all these folks going 'gaming is dying qqq!' because they can't look past any game that isn't from EA, Ubisoft, Warner brothers, and/or Activision
    3: I'm admittedly just a cheap bastard. Well actually I'm pretty generous with my cash considering I work minimum wage despite graduating as a computer programmer a decade ago and until this September, lived in Vancouver, the 3rd most expensive to live in City in the world (and who getting a job in is impossible unless you're related to someone important as I found out after graduating top of my class for absolutely nothing despite not being lazy or shy about it), and though I live in a much more affordable neighboring city now, the cost of moving itself, in addition to my computer itself not making the move, as well as my flipping computer monitor, etc... money is a difficult thing for me.

BUUT I decided to buy it now because:
    1: 50% off, yay.
    2: the burn of moving expenses has died down somewhat.
    3: Wyrwad himself convinced me that even though the game was successfully fan-translated, why I should buy it from Xseed.

SOOO, this is just my post saying dear mr. Wyrwad (is the spelling correct? sorry if not, it is pretty hard to remember!). My purchase was influenced enough by you to make it now (and I probably would wait for a 75% discount if you didn't add to the formula). Sorry I didn't make it sooner, but like I said, I'm a cheap bastard.

One purchase probably isn't important to you or Xseed, but for every shameless ranty person like me who bought the game, there are probably 10 more+ who wouldn't have to chutzpahs to announce it openly (and I say probably 10+ but I would guess 100+. but maybe I'm not that special).

I'm just saying the reputation, passion, and work ethic you guys have towards Falcom's games made this purchase, and I want to try and convey that your work played its part, so thank you, and keep it up if you like cashes.... wait... cashes is a word?

2. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

I'd say every purchase is helping in some way! Xanadu Next is great Falcom is great Xseed is great

3. Jack Dandy

Jack Dandy New Member

Hey, same here. Played it before the official release, but it's a game well worth the money.

4. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Yeah, I've played through it maybe 4-5 times since XSEED released it, which I say is good for the money for sure!