Senran Kagura Burst RE:Newal And Future

Discussion in 'Senran Kagura Series' started by matrich99, Feb 25, 2018.

1. matrich99

matrich99 Member

I was wondering what people are thinking about the current new games coming up in the SK series and what people are expecting/exited for 7even when it comes out.

I forgot that Burst RN came on the 22nd so I am waiting for it to come in in the next day or two so I can check it out.(I import all the sk games from Japan to try them out) From what I have seen of it, it seems like it is a pretty good recreation of the 3ds game with the Playstation gameplay. I can't wait to get my package for it.

Also wondering what people are thinking about the fact that another SK anime is coming out soon in parallel with the 7even game.

2. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

I got my copy on Friday. Haven't gotten a chance to play much yet, but I'm enjoying it thus far.

3. Minori-chan

Minori-chan New Member

I got mine last Saturday and been playing it since... Played the 3DS version years ago, I don't really remember the story any longer but am enjoying it nevertheless...

Being one of the dedicated fans of Minori-chan since Shinovi VS, I first decided to go to the Gessen School just to see what's she doing and she is taking a nap like a little kid which made me laugh...:D I will be playing the Hanzo School for the time being until my favorite girl, Minori-chan is available... I don't care much about other girls...:p

A few days ago, I came across an article regarding the future of this series... According to the article, they are thinking about making Senran Kagura 7EVEN as the last one... I wonder if this is true... Maybe they are getting tired of making pretty much same thing over and over again...o_O

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  4. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Gematsu had some info last week or so, here's the article: https://gematsu.com/2018/02/senran-kagura-7even-still-idea-solidification-stage

I think if anything, they'll remake 2 like they did Burst. Which I'd enjoy I'd say, I like having trophies for these games! :p

5. matrich99

matrich99 Member

So Xseed announced Senran Kagura Reflections and Burst Re Newal. How many of you guys have a switch and are getting Reflections(refle). I am pretty sure most of you will be getting Re Newal.

I haven't played Re Newal this week but I have been working on the game, I like the spike in difficulty between each difficulty. It is actually pretty tough to beat most of the characters on the hardest difficulty so if that is the direction they are taking with 7even I will be very happy.

I haven't played the Japanese version of Refle(don't want to mess with getting a Japanese Nintendo account) So not sure what to expect with that game.(watch some videos on it but the people who record the game are overdoing it with the absurdity so I can't get through a video to see if it is something even worth playing.) I don't mind dating sims and it has Asuka and Ryona so it has my favorite girl and one in my top 5 so I think I will get it if only for something other than Splatoon 2 and BoTW for my Switch.

6. Minori-chan

Minori-chan New Member

Being one of the dedicated fans of the series, I am planning to get both of them... Now that I think about it, I've played all of them...

7. matrich99

matrich99 Member

Yeah, I am getting both when they come out. Pretty excited because about the time Re Newal comes out seems to be about the 7even comes out(in Japan) so after beating Re Newal(in English still can't quite understand Japanese) I will get to play the new game.

8. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Very excited these got announced! I had 100% confidence that Re: Newal was getting localized, but Reflections was a surprise! I was hoping Xseed would come through but I figured it may be a tough sell in the US.

9. Wargamer

Wargamer Member

Yea I'm pretty surprised they decided to do something that's not a port of some sort (I mean, they of course had to announce even more ports as well), I'm curious how long it'll take to get a PC version with all DLC included for free though.

That said Reflection looks pretty well done for what it is but I'm not interested enough to buy it, still waiting for info on that pinball game and 7even.
    As for Re Newal, if XSEED can convince me this game is not a lazy cashgrab made by copy pasting shinovi versus again and selling them again as DLC without any changes then I might get interested.
    Yea I'm still really against that remake because I don't feel like playing the exact same game a 3rd time just to watch cutscene I could watch on youtube.

10. matrich99

matrich99 Member

I have been playing the Japanese version of Re Newal and it is really good. The combat has been redone and overall feels very nice. Re Newal is more or less a Remaster of Burst, not a Remake. The game has a lot of the concepts that were in Burst but I think they did a great job of making it all work. Unlike SV and EV you can't go into frantic at any point you have to choose before going on a mission if you are Frantic or normal. There is also Difficulty settings like EV where you have 3 tiers. And this time the Hard mode or the 3 tier is quite a challenge to get an "A" rank it. Also for DLC the only ones except for clothes so far is the Side story ones that follow what Gessen girls were doing during the events of Burst. As remakes go this is one of the few I think is worth the money but I guess that is up to whoever looks at it.

I think Takaki said something about Remastering 2 also so we might be seeing that after 7even comes out but who knows.

I like Re Newal a lot more than I like Burst and that is saying a lot since that game is what really got me hook on SK games, to begin with. So I hope people don't have the "it is just a remake" attitude about it. Yes it is the same story but because it is not side-scrolling they were about to add things like there are these bosses outside of the missions which are harder versions of some of the enemies.(basically an enemy that fights like one of the main girls) You have collectibles in some of the levels like the Balloon things in EV.

Also, I don't know if XSeed is doing the whole DLC package thing anymore as both PBS and EV have the DLC separate.

11. Wargamer

Wargamer Member

Odd, every videos I saw looked exactly like SV and EV with the exact same maps, enemies, combos, music and braindead AI.
    Guess it's different when playing.

As for DLC they just announced Bullet Witch with every DLC for free. Also Fate Exctella on switch with all the free DLC + exclusive content.
    Recently we also have Shantae full genie hero

12. matrich99

matrich99 Member

Not the same maps just similar visuals I am guessing they reuse the assets from the other games no need to completely redo something when it basically the same architecture. The maps are different but in the same locations if that makes sense.

With the SK games, it hasn't been that way though only SV and Bon Appetit EV and PBS had it separate. Also, I highly doubt we will see Reflections on PC and Re Newal will probably come out about 3 to 6 months after it releases so probably next year.

13. FallenAngelSix

FallenAngelSix Member

https://gematsu.com/2018/10/senran-...west-to-remove-intimacy-mode-from-ps4-version
    Well, looks like we're doing this again. Regrettably, I won't be supporting this release. I realize XSEED is in a difficult spot with the request coming directly from Sony, but I find this sort of censorship unacceptable and am unwilling to support it regardless of circumstances. While I don't like buying games digitally, I do at least appreciate that XSEED is leaving the PC version intact, although I wonder whether there is an actual reason for the delay on PC other than just release date parity.

14. Paiguy

Paiguy Member

I unfortunately had to cancel my preorder as well. A bit of a shame that this is the first physical release of the series I'll miss but I don't want to support Sony's forced censoring on this in any way.

I've been planning to upgrade my PC for a while now, hopefully I can get that done before this releases so I can buy the uncensored steam version at least.

15. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

It's kinda like James Gunn's jokes. If the characters were "of age" I don't think anyone would care, but that's the real issue here and something Sony looks like it is trying not to be a part of, to put it simply.

I honestly wonder if Nintendo would be able to release things like Omega Labyrinth though, since they seem to (very surprisingly) be open to a wide-arrange of content.

16. Tiamat

Tiamat Member

My PC probably can't run this game so I'll have to pass entirely. If Sony continues this behavior (likely) I'll end up buying a gaming PC and moving away from Playstation. It's also not a request from Sony, it is a demand.

Senran Kagura had a good run of being uncensored (other than ages) but that's over now. I sent a tweet to their twitter accounts showing my displeasure with the new policy. Hopefully if enough people complain they will change.

17. Cqef

Cqef Member

There are no DRM-free PC options so I'll keep my PS4 preorder, however if subsequent games in the series are getting their content cut like this, then this will be the last Senran Kagura game I get.

18. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

With these days people showing sensitivity and companies trying to save face and try to appease to this (or face the wrath), I'm going to realistically say that nothing people can do will make them change their mind.

19. ddd-kun

ddd-kun New Member

Stop. Yes there is. There absolutely is. Vote with your wallets, and tell Sony you're voting with your wallets. Take a moment, write a two-paragraph letter. Explain your displeasure with Sony's policy that has cause this change, as well as the cancellation of Omega Labyrinth Z. Let them know that Steam is getting your business for this title. Or that you're not buying this title until such time as the policy's rescinded.

Mail to the following, CC the following

TO: Aram Jabbari - Sony Public Relations (Aram_Jabbari@playstation.sony.com)
    CC: Julie Wenzel - Sr. Manager, Community Relations (SELCommunityAffairs@am.sony.com)

Polite and succinct are the weapons. Don't overuse their time and don't give them the impression that they have absolutely all of yours. If you need to, copy this comment and send it to your friends. Encourage them to do the same. All fans of Senran Kagura should do this, as should all fans of Omega Labyrinth. These two employees will have to convey to their bosses and the higher ups that whoever made this policy change, it is about to cost them money. As many unhappy tweets as I saw at XSEED's announcement, it would be a lot of money.

Never doubt your power as a consumer. It's not a matter of "the customer is always right" as it is "the customer should never be put upon. 10 people do this. 20. 50. 100. Multiply that by the price of a full game. Visualize for a minute that this action gets around to the nth-hundred commenters on that Tweet. Again, multiply that by the game's cost. Sony's not interested in losing any of that potential profit.

We all have that power, and now is the time to use it.

20. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

I'm happy to see consumers standing up for themselves and I think that the mentality that we should not just accept when the video game industry makes anti-consumer changes.

I wish it was a different game and different content making gamers get up in arms than this,

Wouldn't the content in this game with the underaged characters more or less make it illegal in a number of countries?

Either way, I feel bad for XSEED, I'm not sure why Sony would wait until so close to release to force this, making them waste money and workerhours.