Sakuna announced for E3!

Discussion in 'Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin' started by Wyrdwad, May 31, 2017.

1. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

2. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

If anyone missed the Treehouse showing of Sakuna, you can see it here:

Cryrobinson likes this.
  3. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Looks so good! Ugh they're really making me want this more and more :D

4. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Cryrobinson likes this.
  5. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

6. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Okay, it looks like Japan got an entirely different "Indie World" presentation than North America, did, today, and Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin looks to be the first game shown in it. I don't understand Japanese so all I could get out of it is that the release date is 2020. But here is the Japanese Indie World, anyway, if anyone wants to see:

7. Cryrobinson

I just hope we see the game this winter! It feels like we've been told "this winter" for two years now. :/

8. Cryrobinson

Disregard my last comment it's already delayed into whoever-the-hell-knows 2020. :(

9. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Yeah, I really think they should stop giving release windows if they're just going to keep pushing them out so much every time. Delaying continually for so long just makes them look like they have no idea what they're doing, imo. I think the initial release window was fall/winter 2018, but I'm not sure...I'm pretty sure this first came into view somewhere in 2017. I know they're only a two-man team, so it's not strange that it's taking them a long time, but predicting that it's on the horizon and pushing it out over and over for years...it just doesn't look great to keep doing that, imo. Xseed's game page also no longer says 'this winter', just '2020'.

They can do what they want, of course, but being jerked around killed my interest. I already don't want it any more. :/ Now it's just a curiosity for me, wondering if it'll ever actually come out.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019 at 4:43 PM