Sakuna announced for E3!

Discussion in 'Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin' started by Wyrdwad, May 31, 2017.

1. Trails of Persona

Trails of Persona Active Member

According to the E3 trailer we got this year, it's slated for this winter, so could be either very end of this year or early next year. I'd expect them to make a more solid release date November/December time.

Kikki likes this.
  2. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Hoping they give us more info soon, was really excited for this after the trailer!

Kikki likes this.
  3. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

4. Cryrobinson

Thank you for sharing this! This game has been in the back of my mind since announcement, I can't wait to play it. I agree, the graphics do look nice! I think it looks very pretty and bright. Ahhhhh I just hope the wait won't be too much longer!

Kikki likes this.
  5. Fuepepe

Fuepepe Active Member

I'm still not entirely sure if I'll enjoy this game, but it's piqued my curiousity enough that I am going to pick it up and try it out. :)

6. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting it. I had no idea that there was any new information about it. I played demos of it this year and last and it got a lot better over time so I'm pretty excited to see the final product.

7. Cryrobinson

How would you describe it in your experience? I feel like most of the info has been pretty scarce, and I'm just curious how it handles. :p

8. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

Oof, I'm not the best person to ask since I don't play too many 2D action titles so I can't really compare it to anything.

9. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

I'm afraid my opinion might be seen as a bit biased, so I'm hesitant to weigh in, but as someone who plays almost exclusively 2D action titles these days, I figure it's worth noting that I've absolutely loved what I've played of this game thus far. Sakuna controls wonderfully, with a moveset that would almost be at home in a beat-em-up, and a stretchy scarf that feels like something out of Bionic Commando or Umihara Kawase -- but slightly better, since you can latch onto enemies with it and use it to back-suplex them. ;)

It does take a little bit to get used to, and you CAN get yourself "animation-locked" to a small extent if you time your attacks poorly. But once you get the hang of fighting, it's an absolute blast. In a way, it kind of reminds me a little of the combat in Muramasa, though it's been a LONG time since I last played that game, so I might just be reminded of Muramasa due to the traditional Japanese setting of both titles.

-Tom

KlausRealta likes this.
  10. Cryrobinson

I guess I’d disagree in you having a bias; sure you work for the company, but you also have a great taste in games! So I take your word to mean something. ;)

11. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

12. Paiguy

Paiguy Member

I sure hope so I've been waiting for this game so long I keep forgetting it's even coming.

13. Trails of Persona

Trails of Persona Active Member

Well the game was originally supposed to be released Winter 2019, so one would think it would be soon. Then again, I believe this is one of those games that is still in development so it's tricky to give a very accurate frame and could be pushed back if troubles happen. I looked it up but finding info for the game is hard since there isn't much for it.