Sakuna announced for E3!

Discussion in 'Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin' started by Wyrdwad, May 31, 2017.

1. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

Sakuna is 2018, whereas Zwei II is this summer. As in, within the next few months. So I think you're good. ;)

-Tom

2. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

I'm also a huge physical copies fan, but to skip these games just because of Steam? That's lame as heck! I'll just assume you're not too well versed in Falcom (how could anyone pass a Falcom title so easily?!?).

3. Leon Tekashi

Leon Tekashi Active Member

Honestly, after looking at the trailer, I'm getting Action RPG and Harvest Moon vibes, which interests me actually.

4. Cryrobinson

I've always thought both Zwei games looked like a ton of fun. Plus it's Falcom, who I have yet to find a game from that I didn't enjoy (though some told me Tokyo Xanadu wasn't the best but we'll see about that!).

5. Wyrdwad

I think Leon was referring to Sakuna! ;) But yes, both Zwei games are indeed tons of fun as well.

-Tom

6. Cryrobinson

Whoops I think I got my boards mixed up! xP

It's what happens when I spend too much time on here.

7. Leon Tekashi

Leon Tekashi Active Member

I did say Action RPG and Harvest Moon. I thought that was clear enough to allude to Sakuna.

8. Cryrobinson

I'm all over these boards I don't even know what I'm talking about anymore :D

9. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Sakuna was shown at Comiket 92, but the trailer appears to be almost identical, except for the very beginning ten or twenty seconds, where Sakura seems to be being shown as a stone-faced, sort of ape-like man...but I don't know what's going on since I can't read a word of it. http://gematsu.com/2017/08/sakuna-rice-ruin-comiket-92-trailer

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  10. Wyrdwad

Wow, that's bizarre and kind of amazing. Heheh.

First I've seen of that as well, and as far as I can tell... it's just being silly! Seems to be referencing a meme, as far as I can tell.

-Tom

Kikki likes this.
  11. Calros

Calros Administrator

Yeah, they're just having some fun. I gather it's a reference to Contra.
    The shot of Sakuna holding a fistful of rice over her head in their Comiket 91 trailer was an even more obscure reference to a SNK fighting game called Savage Reign.

Sakuna

Savage Reign

saldite and Kikki like this.
  12. Wyrdwad

Holy crap. Yeah, that's totally the intro to Contra III: The Alien Wars in that new trailer.

That's kind of amazing.

-Tom

13. Cryrobinson

Any updates on the Sakuna front, by chance? I know Tom mentioned it was in development, but didn't know if you all had any further news!

14. Calros

Calros Administrator

We don't have any updates yet, unfortunately. Hopefully soon!

Cryrobinson likes this.
  15. Cryrobinson

Can't wait! :)

16. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Oh, me too. I'm very curious about this. I can't get a feel for how it will play...what other game I can compare it to as a general experience. A little Rune Factory with a bit of side-scrolling action RPG? This of the 33 games I've currently got my eye on for my collection of consoles (I quite literally made a list recently since I keep losing track of everything I want to keep my eye on), Sakuna is the one I have the least to go on, to try to understand what kind of game it is.

17. Sakura Cartelet

Sakura Cartelet New Member

After looking at a trailer for the game, I think that I might be interested in playing/buying it once it is finished being localized. The only concerns that I have are that I'm not really too good at platformers and also that my lack of knowledge of Japanese history and/or mythology may cause me to get confused. Hopefully the history/mythology will be explained enough so that a Westerner like myself will understand it.

18. Trails of Persona

Trails of Persona Active Member

So can we expect anything new about this game for E3, or at least in the near future? I remember the XSeed twitter mentioned how this game was being showed off last weekend so I was thinking perhaps you guys would give some of that information at some point. I know there's only so much you can say since the game is still in development and you are only localizing. Still looking forward to the game whenever it comes out.

19. nivora

nivora Active Member

i think it's safe to expect this for E3, their schedule lists an indie which probably is this game

20. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

How's Sakuna doing now? Still expected to be a 2018 release?