Rune Factory On Ps Vita?

Discussion in 'Rune Factory Series' started by Scruffin, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Scruffin

Scruffin New Member

I was wondering if Rune Factory would ever come to PS Vita?

I much prefer PS Vita over 3DS and I believe with all the issues Nintendo is having it would be best to stick with a company that is still going strong. Any feedback on if this is a possibility would be great.

2. Captain Falcon

Captain Falcon Well-Known Member

Sony is certainly not "going strong" compared to Nintendo; Nintendo has far more leeway to screw up than Sony does financially. And the 3DS is curbstomping the Vita in terms of sales. But as to your question, seeing as the company responsible for making the series went bankrupt, the odds of any ports is unlikely. And I don't know who owns the IP rights, but they would have to determine that it is worth it to make a new RF for Vita. Considering the install base of the Vita, if it did get a game, it seems unlikely that it would be exclusive.

In short, I wouldn't count on it.

3. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I'd still put out a possibility in the future, though. I mean, harvest Moon did do at least 2 titles for PSP. Vita IS picking up worldwide, slowly, but surely. If Farming Simulator 2014 can come out in PHYSICAL form for western markets, I'd say anything is possible at this point :p

4. Takao

Takao New Member

I feel like this franchise has been exclusive to Nintendo handhelds for so long that switching platforms isn't going to work out financially. The Vita audience has no real point of reference here. It's kind of like expecting 3DS gamers to buy loads of copies of an Uncharted game or something.