Rune Factory 5?

Discussion in 'Rune Factory Series' started by KatieLW19, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Tsukoblue

Tsukoblue Member

It would probably be physical

Switch is still new unlike the PSP which had been out for several years by the time Xseed started bringing over games for it not to mention its Nintendo’s only current console that can connect to TVs

It would be cool if Rune Factory 4 Special ties in to Rune Factory 5 somehow like Rune Factory 5 having an option to import the save from RF4S to give the player a easier time early on in the game

I wonder what sort of preorder bonus Rune Factory 5 will have

It would be neat if there was DLC for extra characters from past RF games that the player’s character could marry

2. avensis

avensis New Member

Rune Factory 5, certainly the announcement that has the most hyped me in nintendo live.
    I went to RF4 about a week ago on my 3ds and told me that it was a shame that it was the last so that was good. And I regret not being able to play it on my switch.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  3. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Don't want anyone to miss the teaser we got today during the live stream! Thankfully, Marvelous turned it into its own little video...you can get our first glimpse of RF5 here:

Omenbringer likes this.
  4. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

I have rune factory 4. Was pretty cool but I did get bored after awhile (quite some time though, I got my money's worth for sure). Should pick it up again later I guess. That said I hear people rave about Stardew valley, and I haven't played it, so maybe my impression is wrong, but looking at it, I think 'looks like a lower quality rune factory 4'. Anyone have opinons?

5. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

I've played RF4 a few times through, and I've also played SV. The social elements in Stardew Valley are, imo, WAY lower than in RF4. RF4 has had the best depth to character backgrounds and the best variety of regular dialogue of any of the games, to me, and beats out all the other Rune Factory games, too. Plus it's got enough voice acting to make it feel extra lively. But the mix of stuff to do is a bit like Stardew.

Though you can't do the plethora of crafting in SV at all...no making your own tailored and upgraded weapons and armour, plus no monster taming. I really like being able to make my own different weapon types...each with a different combat style, including magical...and my own armour tailored to whatever type of protection I need, and so on. I also love the special effects of the food and that you can even use food as weapons. And taming monsters and taking them into battle with you can change things a lot and is fun as well. So I feel like there's a similar balance but RF4 has way more to do, as well as being nicer to look at. Just my opinion, of course.

When RF4S comes out on Switch later this year...hopefully it's still on track to be out some time this year...I'll definitely be playing it through again, and not just to experience the new content. :)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  6. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Well that trailer showed us nothing. But I am still looking forward to RF4S, will be my first Rune Factory since 1.

7. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

I hope you'll enjoy it! It's my favourite :)

A lot of people seem to feel that way...but I felt like I saw more than I was expecting. Maybe my expectations were just really low, but...

We got to see how the monsters look, including some new monsters (the nine-tailed fox and the whale, at least...and it was nice to see that the wooly is back, though I assumed it would be) and a glimpse of a building which, if they've got concept art for it and chose to show it off, could be an important building...it's got a ground floor entrance with a shield over it that makes it look like the lower floor enters into a shop (armour, weapons...something) or maybe a guild. We also see two sets of stairs leading down from in front of the house, and a bulletin/notice board near the lower door. The upper floor also has an entrance, which seems like it could be a dwelling, perhaps for the shop/guild owner or for the player...impossible to know, of course. We also get to see that it's set right on the edge of a cliff and has no farmland or other civilization visible in its immediate surroundings. And we got to see the silhouettes of the protagonists, detailed enough to get a vague idea of what kind of clothes they wear. All together, we've got a suggestion that we'll be dealing with both ocean and mountains, so that's an idea of setting, too.

We also learned that if you have save data for RF4S on your Switch, when you play RF4, you'll get two guest characters (from RF4) appearing in your game. And we learned that the colour purple was important to the game. (Both of these latter two items were learned immediately after this clipped-out bit of the live stream that they turned into a trailer.)

I had at most been expecting they might tell us what the carryover data was (which they did) and MAYBE we'd get a title screen. It's all speculation right now, but I got more than I bargained for. We've having lots of fun discussing what we're seeing and how these little bits may fit together over at Fogu, so I was pleasantly surprised by how much I got to see. :)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019