Rune Factory 5?

Discussion in 'Rune Factory Series' started by KatieLW19, Dec 9, 2014.

1. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

XSEED only localizes and publishes games. They don't develop them. Their parent company, Marvelous, owns the IP for the Rune Factory games now I believe so they'd be in charge of funding development for a new Rune Factory.

Also, Tom (Wyrdwad) and Calros (I think?) are the more frequent admins on the forum, and they both work as translators or editors depending on the title, so they're involved in whatever projects XSEED's currently working on.

Robinstar and ChaosAzerothCat like this.
  2. Megashell

Megashell New Member

well shiz, thanks for the quick reply, its almost as if you were waiting around :D

No i get that, but they do hear when things are happening around the xseed place, future projects to come and whatnot.

ill look around to see if Marvelous has an official site, perhaps i can ask them on their forum. haha

3. Yuri

Yuri Well-Known Member

Would XSEED be able to forward our request to Marvelous if enough fans said they wanted a new Rune Factory? This was such an awesome series. I don't think anyone wanted it to die. ;~;

4. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

Oh, believe me, they know fans want another one, as do we. We've been pushing for a Rune Factory 5 for years now, and will continue to do so for as long as humanly possible.

Hopefully, it proves to be doable at some point... somehow!

-Tom

5. Yuri

Yuri Well-Known Member

That makes me feel so much better! Thank you!

6. Robinstar

Robinstar New Member

There's a bit of a disagreement elsewhere. Does Marvelous definitely own the rights to the Rune Factory name now? For sure?

7. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

I don't know if you guys want to know this since it seems spurious, and if you visit the Ushi forums you've probably already seen it...but if anyone hasn't, then... A rather ridiculous rumour is going around about Xseed telling someone at E3 that RF5 was in development. I didn't care about it at first but I recently saw that it has spread beyond its original source, so some people must believe it. I sincerely doubt that Xseed would be telling random E3 attendees such a thing even if it WERE in development, but I've seen that rumor in a few places on the internet now, including the comments section of some articles...but I think the rumor stared here: https://www.reddit.com/r/runefactory/comments/8r3djg/i_am_at_e3_and_stopped_by_the_xseed_booth/. As for me, I feel like if this wasn't simply made up, then they must have misunderstood or had a miscommunication. I can see it maybe being confirmed by Xseed that Story of Seasons for Switch is in development since that's a game that Marvelous announced was coming sooner or later themselves, but RF5...?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  8. Tsukoblue

Tsukoblue Member

It would be cool if Rune Factory Frontier got a HD Remaster for Nintendo Switch

9. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

I'd take ANY Bokumono or Rune Factory game spiffed up to modern graphic standards for the Switch, I think. :) Too bad it's so unlikely.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  10. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

So...the producer of Bokumono and Rune Factory, Yoshifumi Hashimoto, has left Marvelous (sort of...well, shifted to a new section of it, anyway) to head a new subsidiary, Hakama. I wonder what this will mean for Story of Seasons...and for Rune Factory. It sounds kind of hopeful for Rune Factory (well, maybe) since that was one of Hashimoto's babies, but...not so sure what's going to come out of the Story of Seasons series now. I figured it'd see some change from moving to a new console alone, but this seems like a pretty big shake-up. How much of the team has changed, now, if any?