Rune Factory 4 - The Official "what Are Your Experiences In Selphia?" Thread!

Discussion in 'Rune Factory Series' started by Trill1996Eric, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Trill1996Eric

Trill1996Eric New Member

So, just thought I'd make a topic where everyone can share happenings, and other things that they have done (and achieved) in Rune Factory 4! Also you can share who your wife/husband (or Waifu/Husbando if you prefer) will be in the game!!

Admittedly, I haven't been too far into the game yet (story wise), but let's just say, I've been having an amazing time so far, and I love all of the villagers.

My wife will be Clorica for sure! She's a maid first of all, second that little sleepyness thing is sooooo cute X//3 OMG! *fanboy*
    *Ahem!* Anyways, I am Level 36 at the moment, and counting, and have beat 2 of the dungeons so far in the game!

So there ya have it. I'll post more as I go along (or maybe edit this post? *shrug*).

2. beginner

beginner Member

I haven't yet dated or engaged her yet but mine would be Forte. I like how she is honest and gets shy around relationships, plus she is a strong combatent to be with.

3. Trill1996Eric

Trill1996Eric New Member

I would agree, but dang, Clorica is so...kawaii-desu ne!!!! X////3
    Lol Sorry. But yeah, I like Forte too!

4. sorenman1

sorenman1 New Member

Beat all three arcs, got marry to Dolce and had Luna as our child so I had an excellent adventure in Selphia.

5. Trill1996Eric

Trill1996Eric New Member

There's...3 arcs? What?

6. sorenman1

sorenman1 New Member

Yes,
    The first one ends after Leon Karnak, the second ends at Floating Empire, and the third one starts after the Town Event "Memories" and ends after the seven Rune Prana dungeons
    Personally the ending for arc 3 could've been better

7. shymel

shymel New Member

Due to Pokemon, I haven't been playing this game that much, but I'm on the
    fire dungeon
    right now. It's during the first summer still and I think I'm in the high 40s level wise.

8. sorenman1

sorenman1 New Member

Thankfully I finish the game before Pokemon came out.

9. SirPaper

SirPaper Renegade of Funk

Beat the first arc, in mid-summer now. Looking forward to when I can plant crop dungeons.

Still not sure who I'm gonna romance. Thinking Amber. (She's just so dang happy!)

10. Trill1996Eric

Trill1996Eric New Member

Is there more than 1 opening just wondering? And how do I start the 2nd arc?

11. sorenman1

sorenman1 New Member

Their isn't really any difference in the two openings you get: same song just the kids added and some shots swap around.
    Arc 2 doesn't start till a day to five day after arc 1 finishes so just talk to Venti every day after the end till something happens in the plaza .

12. EmbraceEternity

EmbraceEternity New Member

I beat the game some days ago and am now working on finishing all requests to unlock the New Game + feature (it's so hard though ;.;). I'm on Summer of my eleventh year (year 5 without the timeskips). Married to Douggie and we have a son named Theon. <3 I want to marry Amber when I play as a guy. And Meg.

13. SirPaper

SirPaper Renegade of Funk

Finally got the 2nd arc started. Died in the cave (shakes fist at Jones and his highway robbery), but on the plus side I have a monster companion that I'm gonna party with from now on.

14. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

I am dating Xiao. Had a hard time choosing between her and Amber. Who I REALLY wanted to date was Lin Fa though. But no luck :(

15. Jinxie

Jinxie New Member

I'm currently playing as Frey and have plans on marrying her off to Doug. For my Lest playthrough, I might go with either Amber or Margaret.

Story-wise, I'm in the middle of arc 3 where I've been busy leveling everyone up and upgrading their equipment. Oh, Octopirate, how I did not miss thee and your wake-up calls.

So far, I've found XSEED's localization of this game to be enjoyable despite some awkward instances here and there. Here's hoping that XSEED gets publishing rights for RF5, if Neverland Co. announces it, along with any other future titles within the series.

16. Trill1996Eric

Trill1996Eric New Member

Yes, XSEED is way better than Natsume.

17. EmbraceEternity

EmbraceEternity New Member

Yeah, I hope XSeed brings all the next RFs over too. :3

I'm dating all six girls in my male file. My favorites are still Amber and Meg. Gave up on the new game + thing, waaaaay too hard and NOT worth it.

18. Silmina

Silmina New Member

Leon in my game was exceptionally bored yesterday...or maybe he has a death wish. It starts off with him announcing to Frey that he's decided to go tease Luna, risking the ire of the Mama Bear. He then invites himself over to Frey's bedroom, soon after which Dylas came running in (he's married to Frey). Well, all of a sudden Leon just really had somewhere else pressing to be, so he takes off running. Dylas takes off running after him. Later I catch him around town so I talk to him again (to make sure he's still breathing okay), and he asks to join my party. Okay, fine (I can't bring myself to turn people down when this happens >>;), so I accept and continue making my daily rounds to greet people. I head to the general store next and chat with Forte, who gives one of her daily dialogues:

Frey:
    It must be hard to walk around in that armor.

Forte:
    Each piece is adjustable, so it's not as bad as it may seem.
    I also bind my chest tightly so it won't get in the way.

But it doesn't end there:

Leon:
    So you love to hurt yourself, huh?

Frey:
    What?!

Forte:
    ...LEON!

...And right after that exchange, Forte suddenly wants to join my party. I thought maybe she was looking for a good opportunity to deal with this thorn in her side once and for all, but the rest of the day passed uneventfully. Lumie is none too pleased with the lack of murder mystery to solve.

19. Electoch

Electoch New Member

Uhm.. For my part, i have finished the game in 2 day.. And i'm on my way for ACT 3, i will also try to beat the game again on a male file. :D And after i get married in the two main file, boy and girl, i will probably make a new one and try to beat the game as fast as i can! Why? Simply because i enjoy challenging myself in the game i love playing.

Personally, as a girl i'm going to marry Leon, i really love his personality, and when he pushed Dylas in the water..... Ah ah! And as a boy, i wanted to go for Dolce, since i enjoy talking to her and i learned she make a pokemon reference.. But i'm not sure anymore... Right now, i'm playing more on my most advanced file, playing simply, i don't plan to get married on this one to be honest, but.. Well, if Leon propose, i don't see why i would say no. I will just try to tease him about the fact he didn't wanted to get married..

I have to say, i'm quite proud of myself, since i got the '' cookies '' recipe that i SERIOUSLY NEEDED BEFORE VALENTINE'S DAY.. But the game was just '' nope, not going to happen! ''.. And now i'm really sad because i have to make some research to know where i can get butter... Since the groceries store don't sell any, they have rice, sugar, salt but NO BUTTER..!

But... There's something that really bother me in this game and it's really silly. It's that when i started dating Leon, 1-2 day after EVERYONE IN THE TOWN KNOW I WAS DATING SOMEONE.. I mean, woah.. I was a bit shocked.. And that even if i'm dating someone, Kiel have tried to confess to me or made some advance. Well, i can't say i don't enjoy the attention. XD

And sorry for the long text, i enjoy writing and this topic was perfect.. I have so munch more to write but, i'm not going to. :) Sorry for my misspelling!

20. Devinlittle

Devinlittle New Member

I plan marry Clorica I wish there was an anime for Rune Factory 4