Rune Factory 4 Switch

Discussion in 'Rune Factory Series' started by Tsukoblue, Mar 24, 2019.

1. dcfan1990

dcfan1990 New Member

No I buy more then one but I also buy for my other systems too so I pick and choose

2. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

3. dcfan1990

dcfan1990 New Member

Yea I’m pretty much going to go by the release date given from multiple sites until they actually say otherwise

4. JustAnotherNobody

JustAnotherNobody New Member

Currently I am looking at Amazon for RF4S and it says February 25, 2020. Saw the change to the release date back in either November or December, hasn't changed from that date. Pre-ordered the Archival edition back in September. Looking forward to it's release. Went ahead and started to play RF1. Not unplayable to me, but man did 4 spoil me. Haha!

5. dcfan1990

dcfan1990 New Member

Yea amazon had it for Jan just like Best Buy but last week amazon changed it feb I pre ordered it already I’m just pissed we don’t have a exact date

6. JustAnotherNobody

Strange. Oh well. Here's to hoping that the current release date on Amazon is final. Frustrating enough wait as is.

7. dcfan1990

dcfan1990 New Member

I won’t be surprised if they waiting for rune factory 5 to do a duel pack

8. JustAnotherNobody

Eh. Maybe later as a special pack. :)

9. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

I don't know if you're joking, but if you're not...I doubt that's at all possible. They announced RF4S for 2019, and it's been delayed, but RF5 won't even be out here this year at all...it's only due out in Japan 'sometime in 2020' and it generally takes 9-12 months for Xseed to localize one of these games. So it's possible that we won't be seeing RF5 in English for nearly 2 years. (Though I'm hoping it won't be quite that long.) That's barring any delays, of course.

RF4S has been listed as 'this winter' since December, so the new release window is still before April 2020. There's no chance RF5 will be out anywhere near soon enough. I don't have any insider information, but I suspect that the reason it's taking longer than expected may be because of voice actor issues, since afaik, they're trying to use all the same actors as they used 6-7 years ago. Maybe there's some issue in getting all of that coordinated. I also heard speculation that they might have been re-dubbing Vishnal, though I don't know if that's true or pure conjecture.

I'm hoping that the next Nintendo Direct we get will have RF5 in the Japanese version. Not sure how likely that is, but it'd be awesome to see.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  10. JustAnotherNobody

Eh. It was a bad joke.

11. JustAnotherNobody

Well. While we wait for RF4S. What games are we playing/plan on playing to help with the wait. For me it is RF1 and once I get done, I'll play the rest of the series in order of release. Plus the EO series if I want a break.

12. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

I'm just playing as usual, not changing anything due to waiting on RF4S. In my experience, no game helps with the wait on some other game. Replaying a previous Bokumono game doesn't make the wait feel any shorter for a new one, for example...not for me, anyway. In fact, sometimes I think that makes it worse. Like, I only played Tales of Berseria once, and sort of want to play it again...but I really want Tales of Arise and I think playing any other Tales game right now would just make me want Arise even more. So I'm just playing my games as usual. I just finished Torchlight II, and am now working on Wandersong and Commander Keen. I do have the second part of RF2 left to play since I never completed it, and it's on my list to complete this year, but I don't think I'll be tackling it prior to RF4S. Depends on when that gets here, I guess.

I think I'm going to be able to 100% eliminate my backlog, this year. :D

13. JustAnotherNobody

Oh god. Tales of Arise. Just thinking about that has me remembering the backlog of games I have of that series alone (Vesperia is my favorite). Speaking other games I am looking forward to, R-Type Final 2, hopefully will be released later this year.

14. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Well...of games that the wait has felt horribly long for...Animal Crossing: New Horizons. I understand why it was delayed and know that it was necessary...but that didn't make it any less painful. I REALLY wanted it in Nov-Dec 2019, to help me deal with winter. But then it got delayed from the most beneficial time of year for me, to what may be the least beneficial time...the very start of spring, when winter is letting up on its grip, and spring is starting to make real life BUSY...too busy to spend as much time as I'm gonna want to on New Horizons! (I am a member of a family of farmers of various types, from a long way back. Like the crops, we die in winter but go turbo come spring.)

Playing New Leaf makes the wait feel even worse, because I am so sick of New Leaf. I have just played it to death, and playing more reminds me of how stale it feels, now. :confused: It's the same with Bokumono games and waiting on the new one to show up. I know SoS: FoMT is coming, but I'm not a big fan of the older Bokumono games, and I never particularly wanted to play FoMT, so a remake is not high on my list. (Though I am still going to try it!)

Xillia is my favourite Tales. It was the freshest because it was my first, and it was my first introduction to the oft-reused tropes of the Tales series. So it was new and surprising, to me. My theory is that is why it is my favourite, though I also loved several of the characters a lot. The sequel was a lot of fun, too. I even liked the 'debt repayment' stuff.

I only have 15 games left on my backlog, and a couple of them are short. When I'm using the 'Blitz' method of record-keeping, I get a lot of games done (not as many as some, but I did do 36 games in 2018, which I think is pretty good) so I really think I'm gonna wipe all the last bits of backlog away, this year. Though there are a lot of long games on the horizon. Animal Crossing, Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive, Tales of Arise, SoS: FoMT. I don't know how long FF VII remake is, and I don't know if we'll get Cold Steel IV or BotW 2 by the end of 2020 or not, but if we do, those are also games that eat up a lot of play hours. Still, I always have a bunch of long games on my list, so I think I can do it. :)

EDIT: I guess in that way you could say that gaming is helping me wait. Any time without a new game to play is time I can spend on backlogged games, and I'm pretty motivated to clean them all up, so...I guess it's making me more content to wait since I have something I want to do with any down time?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  15. JustAnotherNobody

36 games in 2018? Nice!:cool: Best of luck with those 15 games.:D
    Absolutely nothing wrong with Xillia being your first Tales game. I don't know much about the story due to only playing the japanese version (despite owning the english versions of 1&2), but I can say that the battles were fun (by the way, Symphonia on the Gamecube was the first Tales game I played). Tomorrow I am pre-ordering Azur Lane Crosswave. I plan on getting BotW 2 on release if I can. Speaking of that game, I still have to beat BotW 1 (that world is huge!). As for other console games I want to beat soon. Dark Souls 2 (Xbox 360 version), I am getting close to beating it. just have to focus on getting the rest of the spells/hexes/pyromancies next cycle (going after all the achievements on that game).

16. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

If anyone didn't notice, XSeed tweeted the official release date today, and it is Feb 25th in NA. (Feb 28th in Europe and Australia, I believe, though those announcements were made by their own regional companies, not Xseed.)

https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/1220406463031586819

17. Calros

Calros Administrator

Kikki and Cold_Steel_IV like this.
  18. Cold_Steel_IV

Cold_Steel_IV Member

Thanks for posting about the blog! It also seems like it's been a long while since anyone from Xseed's posted on the forums, so I'm glad to see you commenting again!

19. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Cool; I didn't think we'd be seeing a localization blog entry on this one :) Looks like there's been heaps of change to the localization structure between then and now. I figured the delay might be due to issues with voice acting, in meshing up old voices and any necessary new ones, if anything needed re-dubbed, etc. Guess that wasn't it!