Rune Factory 4 Switch

Discussion in 'Rune Factory Series' started by Tsukoblue, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Tsukoblue

Tsukoblue Member

Please have an option to skip the tutorial upon starting the game for the first time and change the request system so you can do as many as you want

Omenbringer likes this.
  2. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

I wonder how the localization for this is going. I mean, they already did RF4, so that part's done, as far as I know. But there's all the new stuff in the honeymoon mode (or whatever I should call it.) It's already listed on the eshop for this year (https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/rune-factory-4-special-switch/) I wonder if it's already being worked on or if that can't start until it's already out in Japan.

I also wish I knew for sure that Xseed will be doing RF5 and the next SoS as well.

Omenbringer likes this.
  3. Tsukoblue

Tsukoblue Member

I hope no one but Xseed is allowed to touch Rune Factory or Story of Seasons after the atrocious localizations that Natsume did on the DS versions of 1-3, especially Rune Factory 2, some of those voice actors for horrible

I’d like to see see Rune Factory 1-3 get remade for the Switch with QoL improvements from Rune Factory 4

Frontier would be nice to see on the Switch as well

Omenbringer likes this.
  4. brianq

brianq New Member

Omenbringer likes this.
  5. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

6. Hanajimaismycat

Hanajimaismycat New Member

Maybe a dumb question, but is RF4 getting a physical release on Switch or is it digital only?

7. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

I don't remember any announcement about a physical version in North America, yet. I vaguely recall that there might have been an announcement of one in Europe, but I'm not sure at all, tbh.

8. Tsukoblue

Tsukoblue Member

It’s getting a physical release in Japan

I’d be disappointed if it didn’t get a physical release in the other regions as well

9. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Marvelous Europe seems to have revealed that they'll be releasing RF4S 'this winter'. Xseed's release window remains '2019', afraik. Here's an English trailer:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  10. klimbo123

klimbo123 New Member

i searched his video since a long time thanks for sharing
    Bluestacks Kodi Lucky Patcher

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  11. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  12. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Rune Factory 4 Special is up for sale in Canada on Video Games Plus and Amazon.ca (as of just the last hour for Amazon.) Still no Best Buy or EB Games, though. VGP charges shipping, but Amazon is charging about $9 more base cost, so it actually came to a few dollars less on VGP, for me, even with tracking.

13. dcfan1990

dcfan1990 New Member

Kikki u right it won’t be released in 2019 they shooting for a January 2020 release date but cant confirm that it be the exact date

14. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

I saw that the placeholder date for RF4S on all retail sites seems to be January 21. Of course, that's a placeholder, not something that's been confirmed. However, the 21st IS a Tuesday, and all of the releases I can think of from Xseed have been on Tuesdays, so I think there's a decent chance that the placeholder date will turn out to be the real release date. Not gonna make any bets about how big a chance that is, but I definitely think it's a possibility. Unfortunately, since I would have LOVED to have this in December, having nothing else to play in that month. But I don't have anything for January either so if that's how it is I guess I won't be too whiny about it. :)

15. dcfan1990

dcfan1990 New Member

Well since rf4 is delayed to 2020 does that mean rf5 is delayed to 2021 cuz I don’t see them wanting to launch two rf games in the same year

16. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

RF5 was always going to be 2021 at the earliest for us, since it's not out until 2020 in Japan, and we don't know WHEN in 2020, and these games take months to localize.

RF4S hasn't actually been delayed, I don't think. If the release window is 'Winter 2019', January 2020 isn't a delay, as it is part of Winter 2019. (Winter 2019 just means the winter which begins in 2019, not which ends in 2019.) Depends on what you think the original date was supposed to be, I guess.

17. dcfan1990

dcfan1990 New Member

Well when they said rf4s was for 2019 and it not beening release until 2020 so to me that’s a delay

18. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Most people assume that 2019 means the calendar year from January through December, and I think that IS how it should be, but companies often refer to the year as the financial year, which begins/ends late-March/early-April. It always feels like a deceitful way of putting things, but it's not uncommon, so I guess I'm not particularly disappointed to find out that the game might not be out within calendar-year 2019, since it didn't come as a surprise to me.

19. dcfan1990

dcfan1990 New Member

Well it’s going to hard for me to spend money for rf4s when knowing harvest moon probably be released in 2020 too

20. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Which, SoS: FoMT? Hmm, I've NO idea when that is going to be released, but definitely later than RF4S, I'm certain of that. But yeah, it's pretty much guaranteed to come out some time in 2020. I'm not sure what you mean, though. You buy one game per year?

I tend to buy one or two games each month, so it works out okay for me since I have no other games I want coming out in January. Though I would definitely prefer that RF4S come out in December, since I have nothing to play then either (I'm a super fussy and relatively niche-type gamer), and by January, my seasonal issues (I live in an area with very long, dark, cumbersome winters) are already getting fierce, so I'd like to have it to use as therapy. I love to play farming or gardening games and life-sims in winter, to help me forget that I can barely budge out of my front door for the next 4-5 months. Animal Crossing: New Horizons is coming in a bit too late to be useful for that, as late March is when hope finally starts to creep back in as the snow sloooowly recedes.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019 at 1:30 PM