Rune Factory 4 Cancelled For Europe

Discussion in 'Rune Factory Series' started by Shizukari, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Clessy

Clessy Member

It sucks that its cancelled but it sucks even more than Nintendo is stupid enough to region lock consoles still.

2. Cqef

Cqef Member

Truer words were never spoken.

3. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

FYI:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/10/03/xseed-trying-release-rune-factory-4-europe-via-nintendo-eshop/

We were saving this, but that darned USK had to go and spoil our surprise. ;)

-Tom

4. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

Yeah, ratings boards have a habit of not getting the memo.

Selfishly I would've preferred a physical release, but that's mostly so I don't go into shock looking at digital game prices compared to retail.

5. BenoitRen

BenoitRen Member

I would be willing to make an exception and buy this digital release on one condition: did the couple bugs, typos and the sole instance of untranslated dialogue get fixed for the EU release?

6. LinksFantasy

LinksFantasy New Member

Does this include Australia?, because we often miss out on e'shop titles.

7. BenoitRen

BenoitRen Member

I don't like the silence to our questions, and fear the worst.

To be clear, I'm not one of those people who boycott digital releases. I'm someone who boycotts games that get a digital European release while a North American physical release exists, because I want to be treated equally. That's why I bought Black Rock Shooter: The Game and Legasista digitally, but won't buy Code of Princess and Shin Megami Tensei IV from the eShop.

To use Wyrdwad's steak analogy, it's like getting a plain (but still tasty) steak, while your neighbour has a nicely grilled one with some spicing to bring out the flavour. Why can't I have the same steak?!

8. Wyrdwad

I'm sort of unable to answer your questions right now, since we haven't officially announced anything yet -- the Siliconera article was the direct result of a ratings board leak, giving you guys information you're not really supposed to have yet (mostly because we still don't have specifics on... pretty much anything at all, and we generally don't announce stuff until we do).

Until we're certain enough about everything to send out some sort of official announcement, I'm afraid your questions will have to remain unanswered.

Sorry!

-Tom

9. BenoitRen

BenoitRen Member

I see. Thanks for enlightening us, Wyrdwad. I'll wait patiently for your steak announcement. ;)

10. Guillome

Guillome New Member

That's a good news.
    I just want to know the release date now :)

11. Firen

Firen New Member

First of, those are fantastic news!!
    But yeah seconding the post before mine, do you have any rough estimate as to when we could expect Rune Factory 4 to hit the european E-Shop? Even guesswork or a quartal would be fine, with an e-shop only release we don't get pre-order placeholders after all :p
    This particular way of localizing is also a first for games I'm waiting for, so I can't even roughly estimate on my own how I should budget, it's killing me ;) Speaking of that, WOW guys! Thank you so much! Even if the Europe release falls through because of bugs or whatever, you're really trying everything, thank you on the behalf of all european Rune Factory fans! I will always look fondly on any XSeed releases I might come across from now on!

12. Wyrdwad

I can't give you a good answer, I'm afraid. We technically haven't announced this title -- Ken only said something because the ratings board info leaked, but this was something we otherwise weren't ready to talk about for quite a while yet.

If and when we have something to announce, though, we will. And until then, sorry to keep you waiting.

-Tom

13. Firen

Firen New Member

Fair enough, thank you for the quick answer :)

14. BenoitRen

BenoitRen Member

According to a German Nintendo eShop listing, this game is due 11 December. That's within a week! According to several news outlets, XSEED has announced this game on the same date, confirming the eShop listing, and revealed its pricing: £24.99, €29.99 or $49.95 AUD.

Can you talk about this now, Sir Wyrdwad? :)

15. Wyrdwad

I can, but it sounds like you pretty much did the work for me. Thanks! ;) Heheheh...

-Tom

16. BenoitRen

BenoitRen Member

What I meant was that I'm hoping you can answer my question now. Here it is again: "did the couple bugs, typos and the sole instance of untranslated dialogue get fixed for the EU release?".

17. Wyrdwad

Ah, that's right!

Yes, everything we were aware of should be fixed for the EU release.

-Tom

18. Cqef

Cqef Member

Do you know how big the game is? I'd like to know if it could fit in my 2GB SD card.

19. Wyrdwad

It will, but only just. ;) It's right around 1.3 GB, at least in North America. Presumably it'll be about the same in EU.

-Tom

20. Cqef

Cqef Member

Whoa mama, all good then B)
    Maybe not day-one, but I'll surely get it when I can afford it (cause, well, I do have some qualms to pay 30€ for a digital game).