Rune Factory 4 Cancelled For Europe

Discussion in 'Rune Factory Series' started by Shizukari, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

From what I read, sounded legit. It's mainly breaking TOS etc. with doing more than one promo per account. There may have been a second account involved, which in that case things can get iffy, though. Still, it's not fun to pay if you break their rules :/

2. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

I don't have an issue with modding hardware to get rid of region-locking. It's just like buying a legit copy of a japanese game and installing a fan-translation.

3. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

I see there was a lack of logic at the time someone made that statement.

4. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

I know Elite Beat Agents itself didn't do very well, but the idea for making it came specifically from the fact that Ouendan was imported a ton. I hate region locks!

5. Seriaku

Seriaku New Member

How disapointing, But you know I kinda expected this to happen, PAL gets shafted so often its not even funny with this crap

6. akito666

akito666 New Member

Poor Europe!

7. BenoitRen

BenoitRen Member

If this has anything to do with something that happened recently, like Never-Land Company going bankrupt, then Marvelous AQL also deserves part of the blame for dragging their feet. The North American release has been out for months now, and Europe didn't even have a release date.

Rating boards are not an issue. There's one for the entirety of Europe (sans Germany), and that's PEGI. Then if you want to bother, get a USK rating for Germany. Australian releases are often handled separately as if they're a different region.

8. Triforcehermit

Triforcehermit New Member

I saw this coming for a while. Surprised it wasn't cancelled earlier what with Neverland going bye-bye. Damn shame it happened nonetheless.

9. BenoitRen

BenoitRen Member

The exploit only works on firmware 4.1 to 4.5 (the most recent version is somewhere past 7.0), and you need a DS flash card that works on a 3DS. So it's not that easy to use yet.

Furthermore, save files created under this in-memory replaced firmware can't be read by the official firmware and show up as corrupt.

10. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

You guys can always mod your 3DS to get rid of the region-lock, or import a cheap 2DS for NA games.

11. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

Not everyone wants to deal with that so....It's a problem for Europeans either way. =l

12. XXXCaimie

XXXCaimie New Member

I've been wondering about this for a while... I know the 3ds has region Lock, and i live in europe, but if I buy an 3ds from North Amerika, and the game online, will I be able to play it then ? If so, do any of you have a link of where I can buy it? I'm desperate! Love this game, even though I haven't played it.

13. Kainsy

Kainsy Somewhat Cowardly

Don't you need your software version to be super low, like one of the earliest versions and you can't downgrade your software version on the 3ds as far as I know? For the second option, who has a spare £80/$150 dollars to throw at being able to play 2 games just because "lol PAL countries"? Its complete bullpoop.

14. Ringwraith

It's hardly a good alternative, that's for sure.
    It's possible, but very expensive (not to mention the shipping on a 2DS as well).

15. beginner

beginner Member

I've just heard that it got uncancelled? Is this true?

16. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

Sounds like it, yeah.

17. Ringwraith

Generally such major revelations have some sort of source to go with. ;)

18. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

It's in French (I'm assuming), but here you go!

http://www.p-nintendo.com/news/rune-factory-4-devrait-finalement-sortir-en-europe-238728

19. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I wonder how this got worked out? I feel like it was more a MMV Japan decision, but got reverted thanks to XSEED's crew?

20. Cqef

Cqef Member

It's just an assumption based on the German rating board though.
    http://www.usk.de/en/search-for-title/search-for-title/?tx_uskdb_list[action]=search&tx_uskdb_list[controller]=Title&cHash=b702b0e569fc0b029fa8a704e0a58d1b
    No idea how it landed there if it couldn't be brought over here due to the lack of people to "port" it for Europe (Neverland being no more).

But if it eventually happens to be a thing, then it might only be digital-only (according to the USK that is, since XSeed appears to be the only publisher mentioned).

There was also something about Xseed using higher-capacity 3DS cartridges to enhance the voice sample quality, but how did it work out for the digital version?