Rune Factory 4 Cancelled For Europe

Discussion in 'Rune Factory Series' started by Shizukari, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

http://www.ricedigit...ncelled-europe/

2. Cqef

Cqef Member

"b-but region lock will allow more games to be localized!"

MONSTER LEL

Damn it sucks so much...

3. Veleskola

Veleskola New Member

I think I made myself clear about this on twitter but damn am I pissed.
    I was looking forward to this game because everyone said it was pretty good. Hell Hatsuu talked about it a lot on her twitter and how she liked it.
    Plus it was getting localized by Xseed so it was going to have a quality translation.
    Now I can't play it. Can't even give Xseed my money for this because the 3DS is region locked.
    *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh*

Also I'd just like to say. The fact that we get Senran Kagura over this makes me sad. Because honestly I'd rather have Rune Factory IV.

4. Ventarara

Ventarara New Member

That does suck a lot. RF4 was one of the main games I wanted when I got my 3DS. I would've flipped if it was cancelled for NA.

I can't help but wonder if this has something to do with Neverland shutting down.

On a (probably) unrelated note, the NA copies seem to be getting harder to find, so if you're planning on buying that, better do it quick.

5. ShinRPGamer

ShinRPGamer New Member

Ouch that sucks, first SMT 4 isn't out there yet and now this gets canned. A shame too, considering the game is pretty fun. So who will European fans blame, The developers for going bankrupt, Marvellous via misblaming or Nintendo because… Nintendo?

6. Cqef

Cqef Member

I'm definitely blaming Nintendo for region-locking their consoles. Otherwise there wouldn't be any problem.

Edit:
    Thanks for the heads-up ^^

7. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

Actually, as soon as I saw the devs went bankrupt, I figured that meant the European port was hosed. Trying to get someone unfamiliar with the source code to port it would be costly ($ and time) and could introduce unplanned glitches.

I don't think the US release has any sort of issue though Amazon does seem to be out of stock at the moment. XSEED has been pretty blunt in the past about a particular title no longer being available so I think it's just a temporary supply issue.

8. Ventarara

Ventarara New Member

I don't know what the reasons were for Neverland shutting down and Marvelous cancelling it are, so it could be their fault or simply have been out of their hands. Though some people seem to be blaming Nintendo a lot since they could have imported if there was no region lock, which if valid. Though I wouldn't put the entirety of blame on them, just partly (yes, I'm sour I can't play an imported copy of Senran Kagura Burst).

I haven't been keeping up with how XSEED handles availability of their titles in the past, so it's good to read they're open and would say ahead of time if a title will no longer be available.

9. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

Man...Once again, Europeans gets the short end of the stick. I feel bad for you Europeans. *Bows* I'm sorry.

10. Tsuko85

Tsuko85 New Member

I don't know why Nintendo is so determined to stick with region locks

The Gameboy all the way to the NDS were region free

PSP, PSVITA and PS3 are all region free

It doesn't help things much when they refuse to bring games over from Japan

NA would have never got The Last Story or Pandora's Tower if it weren't for Xseed

NA will never get Fatal Frame IV or the remake of Fatal Frame II

11. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

Whether that one's a bad thing or not, I dunno.

12. TiamatNM

TiamatNM New Member

yeah if I lived in europe I'd be pretty pissed

also it's "there" not "their" ;)

13. TrailsWhen

TrailsWhen New Member

Don't worry, guys! Senran Kagura is getting a physical release there, therefore Europe is still automatically doing better.

please please please nobody take this seriously

14. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

Sorry Europe...its a fun one too...though I don't see how Marvelous couldn't just put the US version through PEGI and NoE and get that up on the Eshop there. Even just English is better than no release at all.

15. BenoitRen

BenoitRen Member

I'm upset. What the BACONBACONBACONBACON?!

Thank you, Nintendo, for region locking your console. Now I won't get to play this until someone breaks the lock. At which point you'll start another cat and mouse game with hackers.

Translation certainly isn't the issue, because the previous games saw release in Europe with English as the only language.

16. Amaterasu175

Amaterasu175 New Member

After searching Google for literally 7 seconds, it appears it has already been broken. Although I don't know the details, since I didn't click on any results.

17. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

From what I heard, it breaks the region locking, but doesn't allow for roms or anything. So I mean, it's possible... but knowing how Nintendo is 'online' now and cracks down on people putting in multiple codes (from the SMT/FE promo), by practically bricking their system and deleting ALL of their downloadable games.... yeahhhhh it's a big risk :/

18. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

That's some justice that Nintendo's doing... I hope that Nintendo accepts that they were wrong to region lock their console and not punish people for breaking it, but I somehow doubt that it's going to happen.

19. TrailsWhen

TrailsWhen New Member

Worth mentioning is that said games were probably paid for through that exploit to begin with, whereas the region lock both necessitates buying the game legitimately in some form and lands you with a physical game that cannot be deleted from reality anyway.

20. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

I have ZERO issues in a hack that can allow for break the region protection (but nothing more). Region coding... is a tough thing. People from EU etc. buy from NA's market a lot, hindering their own, but at the same time when you are uncertain on even getting a game localized or not, it can't be helped... The EU Union and issues with the different rating boards etc. DO make it a pain in the butt to work out, though :/

With this case though, I feel that something about the legal issues got in the way with the dev's closing, and that stopped it from going anywhere... I sure hope that XSEED won't have to discontinue the NA version though :( Haven't had a chance to pick it up, so was hoping for it to drop a bit in price, without it instead spiking WAY up :/