Rune Factory 4 (and 5) ports?

Discussion in 'Rune Factory Series' started by Omenbringer, Jun 16, 2019.

Tags:
?

Would people be interested in a PC port of RF4S and/or RF5?

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  3. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Omenbringer

Omenbringer New Member

Hello,
    I've been a big fan of your work and of the Rune Factory series for several years now. I'm very excited for the upcoming release of 4S and 5 and wanted to inquire on the possibility of a PC port. Due to the success of Stardew Valley, it is safe to assume that the PC market is quite starved for a game like Rune Factory. Regardless, I am greatly looking forward to the localization. Thank you for all of your hard work.

2. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Is this poll asking us if WE would be interested, personally, or if we think other people would be interested?

Omenbringer likes this.
  3. Omenbringer

Omenbringer New Member

Well... if you, the people, would be interested. Apologies for the ambiguous wording.

Kikki likes this.
  4. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

If the question is asking me if *I* would be interested in playing on PC, the answer is no, as I hate playing on PC, lol, and couldn't even if I wanted to, as my PC has no dedicated graphics card and won't run most games.

Though I think plenty of other people would have an interest in it.

Omenbringer likes this.
  5. Omenbringer

Omenbringer New Member

Very fair. Honestly, I think it'd be great if more people had access to the series, even on Xbox and PS4, but my platform of choice is PC hence why I asked. Still, I can understand having a personal preference. Thank you for submitting your vote, tho.

6. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

You might get more responses if you posted a poll like this on fogu.com, a forum and fansite dedicated to all things Bokumono (including Rune Factory). The board index is HERE if you're not familiar with it. Not that there aren't any RF fans here, but they're absolutely jam-packed with RF fans on fogu. This site tends to see more posting action about Falcom games like Legend of Heroes or Ys series, and not so much for Bokumono or the like. That probably sounds weird when this is Xseed's own site, but FOGU has been around for almost as long as the series has, so that's where most of the fans tend to spread their chatter :)

Not that you weren't welcome to put it here, though, of course...just a suggestion if you find you don't get many responses, here. :)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    Omenbringer likes this.
  7. avensis

avensis New Member

I would not be interested in playing on PC, I hate playing on PC too.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    Omenbringer likes this.
  8. Omenbringer

Omenbringer New Member

Apologies for the very, very late reply. Unfortunately I was extremely busy, but for now I have a small period where I am not so. I'm actually really new to the XSEED forums (and forums in general) so I wasn't aware of the existence of that. Thank you for telling me. Might go and try to redirect some attention, see how it goes. Thank you, again.

9. Omenbringer

Omenbringer New Member

Understandable. Thank you for taking the time to reply, regardless.

10. saldite

saldite Most Incrediblest

I mean, hey, I'd play PC ports. I'd also play ports on any other system, as well, but I'd play PC ports.

Omenbringer likes this.
  11. Omenbringer

Omenbringer New Member

Thank you for joining the survey and also for replying. Glad to hear that. And aye. Would love if it got ported to any other system as well. More ports means more people get to enjoy the game.

saldite likes this.