Recent Video Game Purchases

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by VongolaGearX, Oct 26, 2013.

1. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

Got BotW and KH3... Also upgraded my PC heavily, Dual 27 inch LG 144hz Monitors, Elgato 4k60 Pro capture card, 2 high speed 12 ft HDMI cables, Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown mechanical keyboard, a blazing fast Western Digital Black 1TB M.2 SSD (so games are gonna load seemless and editing is gonna be smoother), and got an additional 16GB ram set. Its been a good haul for BF sales and much needed upgrades.

2. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

So...this will be your first time playing BotW?

Argh. I really want to play BotW for the first time again! I almost re-bought it in a completely nonsensical urge, as though buying a new copy of the game would let me experience it as new all over again, lol.

EDIT: I bought Warp Shift today since it was 90% off. Hard to resist a game that costs $1.28. It's the only thing I've bought since the sales started. I'm tempted to get The Caligula Effect: Overdose because it's been on my list since it was released early this year, but I have the feeling I'd only enjoy it in short spurts and find it tiresome the rest, so I'm still resisting. (I like the aesthetic and the music, though, and I like Persona, which this is sort of modelled on, AND you can choose to play as female in this Overdose version, so it is tempting, but I've heard at least as much bad as good about it. Hard to decide. Half-off is probably as good a sale as I'll ever see on it.) The sale ends on Dec 4 so I do have several more days to think about it.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  3. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

It will be my first time playing it... and I also am not sure when exactly I will get to playing it either, or KH3 for that matter.

As for Caligula I wouldnt mind checking it out seeing as I watched the anime but... my poor poor back log.

4. Ryos

Ryos Active Member

Some Black Friday sale stuff, some stuff I just happened to order on Black Friday:
    • Shenmue III
    • Collection of Mana
    • Enter the Gungeon
    • Dragon Quest Builders 2
    • 428: Shibuya Scramble
    • 2064: Read Only Memories
    • Blasphemous
    • VA-11 HALL-A
    • Mary Skelter 2
    • Moero Chronicle Hyper
    Of course the highlight of this order batch is Mary Skelter 2 which I'd probably pay the rest of the order just for it (D: ). I already had Moero Chronicle on the Vita but between the $5 combo offer and playing it on a big screen (maybe...not sure how something will work in docked mode), it was totally worth another go for me.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  5. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

I don't know anything about most of those games, but Dragon Quest Builders 2 was awesome (I plan to spend a lot of December going back to the game to rebuild stuff and finally get around to creating my Positano-inspired town on the cliffs over the ocean. I want to make my own version of hanging gardens, too) and I enjoyed 428: Shibuya Scramble, too :) Hope you have fun, Ryos.

And that you'll enjoy BotW, AnimeGamer183. :)

*sigh*

6. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Yeah, none of the Black Friday deals were too enticing. I did end up finally grabbing Devil May Cry 5 as well as God of War though, so not too bad!

7. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Yeah, same here. I ended uo rebuying God of War because it is so cheap (and I am going to lend it to a friend anyways, and got Days Gone because it was also so cheap, but that was it. I was/am tempted on a few other things, but am most likely abstaining. Might get some little thing son the eShop though.