Recent Video Game Purchases

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by VongolaGearX, Oct 26, 2013.

1. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Recent pickups.
    [​IMG]

2. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Sid Meier's Civilization VI was on my wishlist for a long time, because $79.99 just felt like way too much to pay for it. However, yesterday I happened to look it up on Amazon and saw that it was on a huge discount (over 60% off on .ca and about 35% off on .com) with a little red banner that said 'limited time deal' on it. It's the kind of game I like, and that my sister loves...so I went ahead and bought it, since I doubt I'll ever find a physical copy cheaper than that.

Of course, being on such a deal, they sold out and it'll be up to a month before my game ships, but I've waited on it for a year already, so I figure there's no big deal waiting another month.

3. Ammy175

Ammy175 Well-Known Member

Noita (Steam).

4. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

Final haul for this week...
    [​IMG]
    ... glad to finally get the Majora's Mask amiibo. In case anybody is still looking for them, GS was restocked recently with OoT Link, Target received 8-Bit Link, and BB got Majora's Mask Link.

5. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Guess I'll go ahead and update :x (bit behind on this...)
    This was between PAX, some mom n pops, and a pawn shop/record store (that apparently had a good game selection)

-Layers of Fear Legacy (Switch)
    -The Messenger (Switch/PS4)
    -Remi-Lore (PS4)
    -Crimson Sea 2 (PS2)
    -Metropolis 2 (PS2)
    -Skullgirls (PS4)
    -Giga Wreaker (Switch)
    -Armored Core: Formula Front (PSP)
    -Silpheed (Sega CD)
    -Fist of the North Star (360)
    -Way of the Samurai 3 (PS3)
    -Enchanted Arms (PS3)
    -Samurai Warriors 2: Empires (PS2)
    -Mega Man Starforce 2: Zerker x Saurian (DS)
    -Mega Man Starforce 2: Zerker x Ninja (DS)
    -Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 (DS)
    -Lost in Blue (DS)
    -River City: Super Sports Challenge (DS)
    -Sega 3D Classics Collection (3DS)
    -Soul Fighter (Saturn)
    -Harvest Moon: Back to Nature (PS1)

I also had Contact in my pile, but forgot to pick it up at the register, and then it sold when I remembered >_>

Since then, I also got:

-Utawarerumono Zan LE (PS4)
    -Daemon x Machina (Switch)
    -AI: The Somnium Files LE (PS4)
    -Project LUX (PSVR)
    -The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening LE (Switch)

Portland Retro Gaming Con, here I come >_> My list gets smaller and smaller, but those items I DO look for are pricier. I doubt I'll get NEARLY as much as I did this trip, though :x

6. DustyStarr

Lost in Blue, that is a game I have not heard about in a LONG time. I was always curious about it, might need to grab it sometime. X3 TramuaCenter 2 is still on my list as well (along with all of the Wii ones).

Jealous of that Link's Awakening LE. :x Did you get the NA or EU version? Either way, you should do a Shel's Stash unboxing for it so I can live vicariously through you. X3

7. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

Just to be careful, I'm gonna put this in spoiler tags. Not anything to risque, but a figure with a bit of skin showing...
    Got my copy of YU-NO for Switch in, and my newest figure to add to my NGNL set...
    [​IMG]

8. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Oh who knows if/when I'll getback to that project. Kind of put my site on indefinite hiatus. Just can't keep up, and the amount of things getting localized now, snd 2014 when I started, is a huuuuuge amount! Sucks and I put a lot of time into it, but yeah. Sometimes projects just get shelved (too bad I wasn't paid for my time, tho >_>) oh wells.

As for Link, technically both (but I only got the NA version for myself). Sad to see all the nice LEs that NoE is doing lately, tho :/

9. DustyStarr

Oh that's a shame. I understand though, sometimes things just don't pan out, I just remember all of the work and time you put into it so I always wondered if it would come back.

And I know. :/ I mean, Region Free and all, but tha makes them sell out even faster since you have people from all over competing, plus the shipping costs...

10. DustyStarr

October Pickups (though Bloodstained was more my backer rewards coming in).

[​IMG]

11. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

So glad i got the amazon exclusive Gravity Rush Remastered at launch, how much did you pay for that one?

12. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

I don't think I'll be counting this as a 'game' on my actual backlog, but I had ordered Ring Fit and thought it wouldn't be here for another week because it was sold out and backordered...but it came. The ring really is nice and sturdy. It's harder to push my knuckles together while holding it than I would have thought. Seems like even arm exercises with that thing will probably work.

13. DustyStarr

Like 10 dollars. X3

And Kikki, definitely give us updates on how the game goes, I am curious too!

Kikki likes this.
  14. DustyStarr

I have learned that I should try to not sell games, I tend to want to buy them back.

Kikki likes this.
  15. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Yeah; people tend to advise me to buy physical, and for any game really important to me, I always do, just in case anything happens to its existence on the e-shop or I somehow lose access to my account...but I don't care about reselling. I always get the urge to play again, and if I've gotten rid of the game, the urge gets worse because I can't. (Often it'll just pass even if I don't play, but if I can't play, that's a different story. Ah, psychology...)

The only games that are (probably) safe for me to sell are games I disliked so much that I couldn't bring myself to finish them. And those I'd just give to my sister or bro-in-law instead, or my cousin or a friend. (I can borrow them back that way, too, though I've never actually done that.) Like I really hated the painfully boring turn-based combat of Dragon Quest XI, so I gave it to my bro-in-law and he really likes it, so to me, that's not a waste. :)

So that you can re-sell a physical game is not a plus, in my books, since I will never sell my games. Though sometimes it's a plus to be able to lend them. (Though on Switch you can just let people try your digital games by installing whatever profile you use to buy games with on their console.)

~

For recent purchases...I will be buying the re-localized version of Taisho x Alice on Thursday. Normally I won't play games on my laptop, but this game is very low spec, and I don't dislike playing visual novels on PC.

16. DustyStarr

Yeah, at this point the physical copy only benefits my hoarding collecting tendencies, but I do also enjoy lending games to people (now that I have people I can trust, as a kid I lost some video games that way...). THE PSYCHOLOGY gets me too. Like, I didn't think I would want to replay freaking STAR FOX ZERO, but sometimes I GET THE URGE... thankfully the game is like 9 dollars for a sealed copy butt steel.

Also, I didn't know that about the Switch, that is really cool! Is there a limit to how many consoles you can put your account on?

For my recent pickups... I am going to wait probably until the end of the month and do a group pic, but I did get a semi-rare PS2 horror title...

17. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

I'm actually looking into selling some games, and I'm already struggling with how much I'll just want to buy them back xD

18. DustyStarr

We are a weak people. The weakest sauce.

19. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Not that I know of, but I guess it's possible? I have mine on three other people's consoles so far, to let them download my digital games. There is a limit on what you can do, because they will ONLY be able to play that game as 'you'. (As that profile.) It won't become playable to all profiles on their switches the way it does when you buy a game on your own console. But for me that limits is okay, since I only want to let people try the game before they buy it...once they get a decent trial of the game I think they should buy it themselves, after that. For the most part, anyway.

And though more than one person can be playing under your profile at once, only one can be playing each game. Like...if I decided to play Dragon Quest as Wallet (that's the profile I buy everything with on my own Switch, and have now installed on family members' Switch(es).) and my sister ALSO wanted to play Dragon Quest, one of us would end up kicking the other off, because only one person can play the same game at the same time under the same profile. But if I was playing Dragon Quest as 'Wallet' and she wanted to play Pokemon as 'Wallet', we'd be fine.

It works well for me as I don't actually use 'Wallet' as my playing profile...it's for buying only, and I let others use it to play with. I have a separate profile on my switch that I play with since any purchases made on my own console will be available to all profiles on it automatically. Oh, and I also have a password on Wallet, when trying to go onto the eshop, to keep anyone from accidentally making a purchase that would automatically be charged to ME. So if they want to download more of my games, they have to get me to input my password to let them access my account on the eshop. Though if you totally trust other people not to accidentally (or deliberately) make purchases on your account, then you don't have to use a password. :)

Not sure if I've said that in a way that makes sense to anyone but me, lol.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  20. KlausRealta

KlausRealta Well-Known Member

Got Resident Evil 2 and Collection of Mana from Black Friday sales. Not sure if I'll pick up anything else since I don't see many amazing deals.