Recent Video Game Purchases

Discussion in 'General Video Games Discussion' started by VongolaGearX, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Pre-order pickups:
    -Super Mario Maker 2
    -WILL -A Wonderful World-

Then a score at Half Price (going before the sale... sadly yeah, before... is when you find the best stuff before they get put out)
    -Tenchu
    -Tenchu 2
    -Soul of the Samurai (never even heard about this!)
    -Parappa PSP
    -Legend of Mana

2. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

Do you find the best stuff before the sale because everyone else is waiting for the sale? Either way cool gets, I figured you would have already had Legend ofMana though. X3 How much was it?

I have been pretty consevative with game shopping this vacation so far, but I should probably gather my GETS together soon, probably near the end of it.

3. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

They tend to gather up a bunch of stuff they haven't had a chance to price yet, and stick it out just before the sale in order for have a good stock for the sale. So going a bit early and sometimes you get a bit lucky... They sometimes have boxes still stacked near the registers you can peek into (or in the back and I ask sometimes if I can dig into it). Mana was $49, but I also had a monthly coupon for 10% off, so might as well. All the PS1 titles I picked up were in excellent condition, so I just got them there. I made a mini pricing guide on my phone too, so I don't have to sit there in shoddy signal and look up eBay prices each time, and the cheapest I originally saw it for was around $55 complete, so I just went for it.

Oh, and when I went to check out, they had a Plasma Sword for Dreamcast just sitting there :x Wasn't priced (had an old Gamestop sticker for $5 on it, but yeah right >_>) so they pulled up a price of $30, where the cheapest complete was around $40 on my guide (plus coupon) so I grabbed that too :x

4. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

I need to finish up with WorldEnd Syndrome...
    [​IMG]
    ... tears aren't gonna cry themselves.

5. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

I didn't expect to ever see one of these things again, let alone full color.

[​IMG]

Cryrobinson likes this.
  6. banballow

banballow Well-Known Member

Full color manuals, you say... ?
    [​IMG]

7. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

Got Pandora's Tower on a good sale. No idea if I'll like it, though.

Cryrobinson likes this.
  8. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

I've been looking forward to this one! Let me know if you get a chance to play what your initial thoughts are!

9. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

Sure thing, but might be a bit though, since I've still got to finish Judgement. Even if this one is bad I've still got the DS game which basically comes with the original Super Famicom game. I'm looking forward to subjecting my nephew to the infuriating nature of Umihara Kawase, lol.

10. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

Played for maybe the first half hour or so. The controls feel kinda weird...but I'm not sure if that's on me or the game. Something I didn't know is that one of the extra characters you can unlock is Cotton from those schmup games.

11. Cryrobinson

Cryrobinson Active Member

Oh that's cool! Yeah the older ones are a bit wonky on controls at times, so I figured this would match the feel of those if anything.

12. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

A few things came in this week:

Fernz Gate (PS4/Vita)
    Tokyo School Life (exclusive via VGP)
    Boobie Pinball

My Nicalis Store exclusive Umihara with teh special box is also on its way, looks like they just shipped them out a little late.

13. Gintoki

Gintoki Active Member

Hmm...I don't know. I like the feel of the controls of the snes one. Maybe its just the pro controller that feels weird, lol.

Cryrobinson likes this.